We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesL-style champagne bullet flight LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

L-style champagne bullet flight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spat66

spat66

L-style champagne bullet flight Empty
PostSubject: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

L- style champagne bullet flight compared to a slim flight. These flights are surprisingly stable because of the length I think. I put them on my darts and they flew great, the only difference is the the darts landed a little more with the flight down instead of straight. I'm going to try them on my soft tips at a tournament this weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

Those look killer!!! Def looks like you could group darts super tight with them.

Me Thinking

Too many choices of what to buy. lol!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 am

Yea you and I are some of the rare people that like slim flights. L flights are a little cheaper than cosmos, but they are both great imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

spat66 wrote:
Yea you and I are some of the rare people that like slim flights. L flights are a little cheaper than cosmos, but they are both great imo

Funny you say that because around here that's all I see people using for soft tip. A very high majority use slims. I noticed this the other week when I went out to a tournament. I also noticed that nobody had Cosmo's or L-Style. confused

Maybe things are slow to catch on around here?
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Where is the cheapest place to get these?????
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm

I got these at edarts.net - a-z has them too. Vegadarts has them also
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:17 pm

I threw with the L-Style bullets at the world finals in Hong Kong back in December. Larry B. was using them too. We both liked them alot.

Not sure what you mean by cheaper...(less expensive?).

The L-Style bullet reminds me of the special shape used by Royden Lam. As Robot will tell you, Royden used to cut his own flights. I think Cosmo is making Royden's flight now.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 pm

They seem to be the same price everywhere I've seen. I'm sold on Champagne flights- I like the slim L shafts also. Just got a set of the clear ones- waiting for some red ones to come out
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Spatt, are the stem caps you use the same size as the whizlock caps?

I'm thinking of trying them out as I have a whitlock flight punch, but looking for something a bit cheaper than his caps.

I have no complaints about how whizlock caps have performed, I have only changed 3 stems in the 6+ months that I have used them and that was because they were getting a little worn under the cap.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 pm

I don't know Jimbo- I've never had any of the whizlocks. I have been curious about them for awhile, guess I will have to get some and see!
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

I have a half written review of the newer Cosmo and LStyle flights, a change in employment has got me interviewing so I have had a hard time finding time to finish.

No surprises, just observations - you cannot go wrong with either brand. (more to come)

Just wanted to give my $.02 on questions raised in this thread so far.

Champagne flights/caps combined with the newer LShaft - IMHO surpass any combo with the exception of the new Cosmo Gear shaft (final verdict upcoming -teaser)

Slim flights/Coal crackers (I have no idea where the name comes from but they have been called that for years in the US) are still widely used. I believe they are hold over from a time when your darts gear was bought local (not off the net) from a local sporting goods, department store or Pool supplies stores. You have very limited options (and mind you it's still this way in many areas of the US). Back in the day, you had Standard flights and Slims - with the 16 gram limit is was no surprise these flights became the standards for soft tip use. Also no surprise a league/area will look/watch what the top players in the area are throwing and emulate.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm

at first glance I thought it was a set you had cut yourself, they are very slim, would be interested to try a set of these.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Well I've decided I don't care for these flights. I put them on my soft tips and most of them hit the floor! Bounce out after bounce out and when they did stick they were all over the place. I think the darts were turning sideways! I took them off and put on some Cosmo pears and was on the money. They went back in the box and that's where they will stay! Didn't seem to effect me so bad on my 22g steel tips
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Steel tips are a bit more forgiving when it comes to sticking in the board.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

At first glance....these are not any cheaper than Cosmos!!!Flights/caps/shafts combined!!!
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
At first glance....these are not any cheaper than Cosmos!!!Flights/caps/shafts combined!!!

Not sure where you're looking for pricing, but Cosmo flights and shafts are about approximately 50% more than the L-Style flights and Champagne rings.

You can use L-Style flights on any brand of nylon shaft. You do not have to buy a special shaft for L-Style flights.

Cosmo flights work only with the Cosmo proprietary shaft. You are forced to buy the Cosmo shafts if you want to use Cosmo flights.

Small details that people should know when comparing the two brands and computing the total cost of ownership.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm

The three sites that were listed on here....flights were nine to ten dollars each...yes you dont need a shaft
to buy...but flights are the same price!!!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:00 am

Champagne flights are less than Cosmo air flights and will last longer. The regular fit flights are about the same price. Cosmo shafts are expensive and you can use any nylon shafts with L style. They both are a little pricey but I find L style to be less expensive overall
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm

I tried the bullets for a while but they were just not for me. Tight grouping is a plus but had to change my throw and became frustrated. Anyone who already throws with slims I would recommend trying bullets but they were just not to my taste
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L-style champagne bullet flight   L-style champagne bullet flight Empty

Back to top Go down

L-style champagne bullet flight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1