We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAnswering the call LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Answering the call

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

Just had a call from one of our 2 Super League Teams in Plymouth to see if I can play for them tomorrow in the Cup. I'm signed on but not yet received the shout until now.

I've been hitting between 21 and 25 average just of late in most of my games (had 1 bad week were I hit a lowly 18 average) and been playing well. Must admit the nerves are starting to jangle already. Smile

Looking forward to it and no I have nothing to lose so will just go out and play the best I can. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 am

good luck!
Good Luck
keep to your normal routine
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 am

Answering the call 1290864234 you will be just fine buddy.
Back to top Go down
shafted

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 am

Good luck mate, go out and enjoy yourself, dont forget to post on here how the day goes.
Back to top Go down

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 am

happy dude

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:54 am

Good luck chris, shoot well mate.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 am

Great stuff Chris, that is really good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Well here goes!

It was a Cup match so it consisted of 9 players playing 3 Singles, 3 Doubles, 3 Singles. All matches best of 5 Legs at 501.

He's only put me in a Doubles and I'm playing with the Captain which is fine with me for my first outing.

We take the 1st Singles, but they had a young lad playing for them and I mean a young lad, looked about 11 or 12 called Kieran and what a player he is. We Won it 3-1 but Kieran hit 3 Tons and a 140 in the 4 legs and showed no sign of nerves. He's going to be some player when he gets older.

We then lose the next 2 Singles and the 1st Doubles, but Win the 2nd Doubles so we're 3-2 down. On to my game, I was thinking don't let myself down, throw steady, throw straight was all I was thinking. 1st throw is a nice steady 60 and I can hear my team mates shouting, "Get on Chris, keep them there boy".

Before I know it we're 2-0 down in Legs and I'm doing okay, but nothing special. Shaun the Captain taps me on the side and says, "Come on mate time for us to start playing". He's been way below par so far as well.

3rd Leg he starts with a 60 and they start with an 85. I then throw my first Ton with 2 in the bed and the other 1 wiring the bed for a 140. I thought the 3rd one was in as well, a 180 would have been a cracking way to hit my 1st Ton, but oh well. They get to a double first but a nice 85 shot leaving Shaun 56 left which he takes out in 2 darts sees us take the 3rd Leg and now we're flying. The 4th Leg we start with 100, 85, 60, 60 and again a 121 from me sets Shaun up for 59 this time which he again takes in 2 darts and now we're 2-2.

They start the last Leg with a 100 and a 140 and we start with poxy 41 and 45. Then we both hit a Ton a piece and we're back in it again. I'm left with 174 and hit T20 1st dart, wired the Treble 20 with the 2nd dart and switch to 18's in an attempt to leave Shaun Tops again. Agonisingly I wire the T18's so 98 scored leaving Shaun 76. Up he steps - S20, S16, Tops first dart again for the 3rd Leg running and we take it 3-2!

What a great feeling it is, everyone from our team crowds round me patting me on the back saying well played kept us in it etc. and for 5 minutes I feel on top of the World.

We end up losing the match 5-4 overall but the whole experience was brilliant and the good thing is I didn't make a fool of myself. Whilst not playing anywhere near as good as I can and have been playing I must admit that the nerves were jangling and my arm a little shaky. The good thing is I've got that 1st match out of the way now and hopefully it's on and upwards from here. Smile
Back to top Go down
shafted

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Well done mate, and thanks for keeping us informed
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 pm

great job chris
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm

all good experience Chris, pleased for you mate! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

Answering the call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Answering the call   Answering the call Empty

Back to top Go down

Answering the call

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-