We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGrip question from a new player LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Grip question from a new player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arran01

arran01

Grip question from a new player Empty
PostSubject: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:43 am

Apologies if you've been asked this question a thousand times before, it's just I'm new to the game and a bit clueless!

Over the last week since I started playing/practicing, I've had darts with tungsten or brass barrels which seem quite smooth.
I fancy a set with what are called atomised grips, as they look if you'll excuse the lack of technical description, 'very grippy'.

Am I right in thinking they give a very secure grip, or is it just the way the picture in the catalogue appears?
Back to top Go down
http://gordonmacleod.weebly.com
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

A couple of people here have tried the atomized Hankey's and were not impressed with the level of grip they gave. The normal Hankey's seem to have a better level of grip.

If you are after a grippy set of darts, then look for shark grip or razor grip, they are at the upper level of the grip scale.

Hope that helps you a bit arran.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

If you have trouble with your grip then a micro grip dart or a razor edge dart is probably best. But if you want to try a smooth dart then I would try the normal tungsten first, then maybe a golden Ti coated dart.

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Atomised don't seem to have good reviews. I go for heavy gripped so I don't have to hold them tightly. It's personal taste though Smile
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Like said, the normal hankeys seem to give more grip than the atomised. Carrera's get decent reviews grip wise if you are looking to try something new, but they are in the higher price bracket of darts at the minute.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:03 am

Hi Arran thats a great question, The atomised grip is supposed to give a greater level of grip than just your standard barrel to be fair I have tried both and could not tell the difference. I think as a beginner the best thing for you is to find a set with a grip you like either ringed, razor, smooth, purist or micro grip style before you worry about the atomised style as you can then get the atomised in the style with the grip you like. My problem with atomised darts is the colour as they look disressed or worn like a dirty tunsten and I didn't like that. If you can post a pic of what you are using now we can try to match up your current set to a set that would suit you better but I would need to know how hard you grip the darts and the weight you are using. Keep those sort of questions coming buddy as those are the ones that many need an answer to but never dare to ask so thank you for asking it as you have probably helped many other players for doing so. If we can be of any more assistance please come back and ask further questions.

Stay special

Kev
Back to top Go down
arran01

arran01

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks for all those replies. They're very helpful and just now I'm just trying out a few different sets and as I've only been at this for over a week.
So I'll try a few and probably seek more advice once I know my way about a wee bit.

Very grateful.
Back to top Go down
http://gordonmacleod.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grip question from a new player   Grip question from a new player Empty

Back to top Go down

Grip question from a new player

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1