We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSigma 950's with Storm points? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Sigma 950's with Storm points?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnK

Sigma 950's with Storm points? Empty
PostSubject: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 am

It's time for my main set of darts to get some new points. I have a set of 22g Sigma 950's, and was thinking about putting 30mm Storm points on them.

I was curious if anyone has put Storm points on a set of Sigmas and could tell me if the points would blend in seamlessly with the barrel, or if there will still be a little bit of the nose of the dart remaining?

I'm asking because Larry had a picture of some Phase 6's (very similar to the Sigmas) with Storm points and they weren't quite flush - there was still a little bit of the "lip" left on the dart, which I figure may still have a chance to catch flights.

I'm using Tridents now, and they fit absolutely perfectly. I figure that if the Storm points don't fit just right I can just repoint with regular points and just continue to use the Tridents.

Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 am

I would put the storms on them buddy for sure
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 am

Thanks Larry, I really want to. I imagine that if they fit right, it would be a very sleek and sexy looking dart!
Back to top Go down
mattstan

mattstan

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:10 am

ive got a set of 6's with storms on if you want a look
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 am

I say cut the front of the barrel completely off, drill it out with a threaded 2ba bit and screw in a titanium conversion point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then while you are at it, drill out the back a bit and make it more front loaded.

This has been JD's easy suggestions for today.

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 am

Titanium point? Drill out the back?

...wait a minute, you're trying to make my darts lighter, aren't you JD? Sneaky! lol!
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

mattstan wrote:
ive got a set of 6's with storms on if you want a look

That would be awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
mattstan

mattstan

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am

pm me addy and ill send it over. havent yet worked out how to post em up here
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

JohnK wrote:
Titanium point? Drill out the back?

...wait a minute, you're trying to make my darts lighter, aren't you JD? Sneaky! lol!
Next he will say just cut it in half-gotta watch the Light dart Guru!!
Back to top Go down
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 am

John K

If you need someone to replace your points send them to me with the storm points. I've done quite a few Sigma 950 s with storm points. Almost everyone has gone with the 30 mm. They look great and the lip is so minute that you can hardly tell. No one done here has ever complained.

Send me a pm if I can help you. If you have the points I only charge $1.00 / pt. and $4.00 for postage.
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks Munchie for the offer! I may end up taking you up on that, but my concern right now is that my Sigmas are MY darts (note the caps), and I can't imagine going without them for a few days while they get shipped to Texas and back again! affraid

Also, given the positive reviews you guys have been giving the A180 repointing tool, I'm considering putting in an order for that along with a few sets of 30mm Storm points and just doing it myself.

In any case, I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to take you up on this. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:24 am

Just make sure you practice changing points with a cheap set of darts first.
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Invest in a set of the Sigma 4s, no need for tridents or storm points...
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 am

So John K. did you ever put the storm points on your Sigma 950s? I just ordered a set of 950s and was thinking of doing this and I was wondering how it went for you. Would love to see some pics if you did.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are 24 gram Sigma 950s- there is a little ridge still left on the nose with storm points. Hope the pic helps
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks Spat. I ordered a set of 30mm smooth storm points to put on my 26g 950s. Can't wait for it to get here!
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 am

shixon wrote:
So John K. did you ever put the storm points on your Sigma 950s? I just ordered a set of 950s and was thinking of doing this and I was wondering how it went for you. Would love to see some pics if you did.

Hey shixon, I got my repointer and 30mm smooth Storm points on Thursday, and the new points were on my 22g Sigmas the next morning. I'll try and remember to put up a pic of them when I get home, but spat's should give you a pretty good idea. There is still a slight ridge at where the point meets the dart, and I'm finding that I still get the occasional weird deflection because of it. My flights are getting chewed up slightly faster than when I had Tridents on, but they will still last loads longer than having regular points with no Tridents.

Here are 2 things I like about them:
1. Having a very slight ridge where the point meets the dart is helping my consistency as I now have a marker for my fingers and am getting a more consistent grip because of it. With the Tridents, I couldn't feel the junction between the barrel and the point.
2. They give the darts an "aggressive" look that I really like. And I know it's just a mental thing, but my mind just subconsciously wants to throw these meaner looking darts just a bit harder... and its helping my game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigma 950's with Storm points?   Sigma 950's with Storm points? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sigma 950's with Storm points?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1