We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesA question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
prodecker

A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  Empty
PostSubject: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 am

Hello,

I've been looking for darts, and I came across a place called "The Dart Zone". They have a limited selection, but good pricing (in the US).

Has anyone used them? Are they legit?

Thanks for any info,
Prodecker
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 am

I've not used them before but have a look in this thread in the shops section

http://www.dartsnutz.com/t2195-thedartzonecom-us

Welcome to the forum by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 am

Thanks for posting Prodecker, think we may have to see what other U.S. members have to say, but it sounds like it is ok from what Spatz says.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks for all the responses and extremely helpful info.

I appreciate it.

It's a great forum, I am glad I found it and joined!

prodecker
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:28 am

Yea The Dartzone is good- Bills a good guy. I've just bought flights and shafts from them and was very happy with the service.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 am

prodecker wrote:
Thanks for all the responses and extremely helpful info.

I appreciate it.

It's a great forum, I am glad I found it and joined!

prodecker

Glad you like it mate, with your help it can be even better! happy dude
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 am

You bet. I'll be showing my Darts once I get them.

I am leaning towards The Target Brand:

Tony O'Shea Pro Stone Steel Tip Dart - 24g

any thoughts? (not sure if this is the proper thread location for this question, but...)

Prodecker
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 am

Target make good darts and the O'shea's are a great dart, if you like a straight barrelled dart its a good choice.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:48 am

Target are a great brand - one of the best. Not used the stone grip O'Shea's, but the McDine stone grips are good and grippy. I also used the non-stone normal and black versions of the O'Shea's in 22g for my league last year - as Darren says, they are a great dart
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:59 am

That's great to hear. It's a good looking dart, in that it looks similar to the darts I used to shoot with (which were not very good, but I liked how they fit in my hand).

You know, I've only really shot 'straight-barrelled' darts, so I am a bit UN-educated on the benefits and drawbacks of other styles.

I tend to hold my darts more towards the 'middle-back' of the dart, thus I've typically looked for darts with more dart to hold onto.

I shoot pretty well, but I am always looking to get better. I love practicing darts, so that helps me get my 'time' in. Of-course, I do believe 'live' play against an opponent (of equal or better ability) is one of the best ways for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 am

Target number 1 IMO
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:15 am

SilverSaber,

Do you have a favorite Target Dart?

prodecker
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 am

I've had several Target darts, all of them very nice. I have 3 steel tip sets now. Oshea black stone, Lloyd black stone and perfect storms. The chizzys are real nice too. I'm with Larry -Target best darts made
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:46 am

That's great to hear. Congrats on the great darts. I can't wait to get mine.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:16 am

Can't remember which Target darts I have but here goes:

Tony O'Shea - natural
Tony O'Shea - black
Kevin McDine - natural pro stone
Dave Chisnall - gold
Perfect Storm
Precision Silica Apollo

I think that's all in the Target name - all in 22g as well lol

They also made the Robbie "Kong" Green darts (both gold and natural) and the Dave Chisnall gold fusions for A180. I've got some other A180 darts but not sure if they were made by Target as well.

They are definitely top notch lol - and at a rough guess Larry's favourite would be his Targtet Sport Extreme's.
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 am

wow mc1958,

That's a heck of Target Dart Collection. I've always just had one pair. I may have to re-evaluate my philosophy a bit.

Of your Target collection, Do you have a favorite? If so, can I ask why?

I was also contemplating the Target Perfect Storm. How do you like yours?

Thanks again,
Prodecker
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:53 am

Pretty sure all of a180s darts are made by target. I just sold my Nigel heydons and they were made by target. a180 has a good sale on targets right now
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks Spatt66.

I have a hard time translating the cost to US dollar. Does the 'E' before the price stand for 'Euro'?

Also, I couldn't seem to find what it would cost to ship to the US?

Thanks,
Prodecker
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am

prodecker wrote:
wow mc1958,

That's a heck of Target Dart Collection. I've always just had one pair. I may have to re-evaluate my philosophy a bit.

Of your Target collection, Do you have a favorite? If so, can I ask why?

I was also contemplating the Target Perfect Storm. How do you like yours?

Thanks again,
Prodecker

Out of all of them it would be the Kongs followed by the O'Shea's - both of these are the right sort of length for me and I used both to good effect in league matches before I changed to my customs, and now to the Ogre's.

Most of my other darts are purely for the collection, including the Perfect Storms. They are very nice darts though and fly nice and straight. There are actually two different shapes at 22g - the Storm 1's and the Storm 3's - I have the Storm 3's as I wanted to try something a little different.

spat66 wrote:
Pretty sure all of a180s darts are made by target. I just sold my Nigel heydons and they were made by target. a180 has a good sale on targets right now

If Target make all the A180 darts then I can add the Brendan Dolan, Nigel Heydon, Andy Smith, Brian Woods, Dean Winstanley and Stephen Buntings to the list lol
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 am

@ prodecker - on the left side of their web page you can change the currency to U.S. dollars. It's usually anywhere from $4 to$7 for shipping from a180. Hope this helps- let me know if I can help any
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am

@mc1958: Thanks. That makes me feel pretty good about possibly going with the O'Shea's!

@spat66: Okay. I can't believe I missed that. Cool. That does help. I appreciate it greatly.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 am

prodecker wrote:
SilverSaber,

Do you have a favorite Target Dart?

prodecker

Target Sport Extreme 24gm
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:54 am

SilverSaber,

Yes! I have thought about getting that Dart as well. Thanks for posting the extremely helpful video.

Boy, it's tough to choose from so many options. I may just have to make more than '1' choice. Smile

Very exciting.

Prodecker
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am

UPDATE Smile

I went ahead and got the:

TARGET SPORT 90 EXTREME 24g Steel Tip Darts (Everyones input was very helpful, but in the end I went with my gut and SilverSaber's favorite). It looked like a dart I could throw (for many reasons).

I purchased the Darts from an ebay seller (bulls-eye darts): Great feedback from their buyers, decent price $64, free shipping, No tax, and a free case for the darts. I'll post some pics when my darts arrive. Yes!

Since I was on a roll, I also got a:

Champion's Choice Practice Bristle Dartboard (priced at $59.99, signed up for Amazon Prime (free trial for a month, which got me free 2-day shipping). No Tax. (probably won't keep Prime, but I figured I'd give it a whirl).

So, I am quite excited. However, I need to know where to get good deals on flights and shafts. Any ideas?

Thanks again, this message forum has been great,
prodecker
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

If you were in the UK I'd suggest Pure Darts for the flights and stems as they do discounts for bulk - postage to the US would be either £3 or £10 depending on how much you bought looking at their chart
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Prodecker, have a look at a-z darts.

http://www.a-zdarts.com/
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:09 pm

The people from the Dart Zone have been really responsive, so I think I'll see what they can do in comparison.

As always, I am open to suggestions!

Thanks mc1958.
Back to top Go down
prodecker

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks Jimbo21.

I knew about them, but I failed to realize they were from California! That's great. I am going to spend some time looking around at what they got.

I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Nice one Prodecker, be sure to post up pics when they arrive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"    A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"  Empty

Back to top Go down

A question about the website: "The Dart Zone"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1