We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon Empty
PostSubject: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 pm

GR8ofdarts all stemmed from the concept of taking a team of players on a tour of pubs and taking on real pub teams. It’s not a new idea as this was something done by Marlboro many years ago. It was called “The Marlboro Team of Champions”, and the original line-up consisted of Tony Brown, Leighton Rees, Rab Smith, Colin Baker, and Alan Glazier who was captain. Later the line up included John Lowe and Bobby George.

Our team is made up of 8 greats of the game, hence the name “GR8 OF DARTS”! Well maybe 7 and me, lol! Like the Marlboro team we will be showcasing our champions all over the UK and Europe. We will also be sending the players out in pairs to do traditional exhibitions in pubs & clubs. We will also be staging 4 events that will see all 8 players take part in a knock out against each other. GR8 members will save the cost of membership via discounted ticket prices if they just come to see 3 of our events!

At this time we are in the final stages of linking up with a very high profile brewery that will see the GR8 team actually playing real pub teams in their own local pub. Announcements are only a few weeks away!

The website will also feature an area where members can chat live to GR8 team players, get tips and advice on their own game, take part in our practice league, and take part in the member’s only competitions. Discuss the latest tournaments, take part in product testing, and much, much more.

GR8 members will also receive exclusive access to a quite incredible video library featuring some of the greatest matches ever seen in world darts. An un-archived collection of all our favourite players past and present. Games that if you didn’t see first time around, you wouldn’t have seen them since! An exclusive look into some of the GR8 teams favourite games on TV. No more dodgy You Tube clips. All the footage has been re-mastered to the highest quality possible and edited to give the members the best possible viewing pleasure.

Members will receive a signed team photo, and plenty of freebies in their welcome pack, also massively discounted tickets to every GR8 exhibition.

We are pleased to announce that we also have our very own resident Bookmaker, offering our members who like a bet on the darts, incredible sign up bonuses and inflated odds on all their specials. Again this will only be available to GR8 members!!

The final line up is yet to be 100% confirmed as some of the original line-up have previously arranged commitments, but I can give you an exclusive Krispy, and your Darts Beers & Cheers fans and followers; Ladies 2 times World Champion “Anastasia Dobromyslova”, is a confirmed player of the GR8 Team along with Kevin Painter, Steve Beaton, Tony O’Shea, Richie Burnett, Wayne Jones, and little old ME!!

All for just £29.95 a year. If you can have more fun for 58p a week, I want to know about it!!!

You can register online now for your chance to win a years free membership at www.gr8ofdarts.co.uk

For all other enquires and bookings please contact; Darren Tunesi, www.penguinsportsmanagement.co.uk.
Bonnington Bond, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh, EH6 5NP

--------------------------------

Taken from Darts Beers & Cheers - http://www.pdc-darts.co.uk/?p=20499
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Been seeing Chris Mason talking about this a lot on twitter - sounds like an exciting venture, and not a bad little pub team they have assembled either lol.

Would love to have them playing against my new winter league team - although we would get slaughtered lol.

And for whoever is running the DartsNutz twitter account, there is a twitter account for gr8ofdarts as well:

gr8ofdarts.co.uk - ‏@GR8OFDARTS

Last edited by mc1958 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Sounds very interesting, a good idea too, not sure I will pay for it though as I dont know if I would spend much time watching old matches but I'm sure some will do that, but could be worth it for the freebies pack and discounted admissions alone. Would be nice to see a team of players like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Nice Mc1958 thanks for posting such an interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 am

If I don't win the subscription I'm definitely going to sign up for this - there is a meeting or something at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton next week (Tuesday from memory) and this will go-live then
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:58 am

well its sounding more interesting all the time really Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:27 am

Well how about trying for an interview with Anastasia for us buddy ?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:29 am

We do the questions here first then e-mail all of them to her and she e-mails back. I have done several so if she agrees would only need her e-mail.
Larry
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 pm

The site is now live - haven't joined yet as I've got other things to get, but it looks like they will try and get you to sell tickets to the events - not read it all this taken from the blurb:

Quote :
Discounted Tickets

All members will be able to purchase discounted tickets to our GR8 of Darts exhibitions which will be held at venues across the UK where all 8 players will compete against each other and our competition winners, that could be you. Competition winners and the top ticket sellers will receive VIP passes to our events and have an opportunity to practice with the players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon   Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon Empty

Back to top Go down

Gr8 Of Darts Website to Launch Soon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1