We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSlydart precision sharpener - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Slydart precision sharpener

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Veni

Veni

Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 pm

I use sharp points, but I know that many here uses the rounded tip.

And from what I have heard, the points should be rounded on the old wire boards so that they slide into the board. And the sharp points would bite the wire.

But on the new smaller wire-boards, that shouldnt be a problem. I would rather think that the surface-area on a rounded tip are bigger then on a sharp point.
And with the new wires the rounded point should have a bigger chance of hitting the wire and bounce out because of the bigger area.

But with the sharper points you get a smaller area that can catch the wires.

I have tried both sharp and rounded points on the old wire-board and on a new wire-boards.
And my results of that was these.

Old Board = The rounded points had very few bounceouts. The sharp points had several bounceouts.

New Board = Didnt get a bounceouts with the sharp points, but heard several times when the point hit the wire but deflected into the board.
With the rounded points I did get a few bounceouts, but also there I heard when the dart deflected off the wire into the board.

Sorry for long post, and I might be totally wrong, but this is my opinion Smile

PS. I scruff my points for better hold onto the board Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Whats your POINT! lol!

Yep I agree things may have changed as the wires have got thinner. I dont usually sharpen mine anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 pm

I dont have a point! It broke Very Happy hahaha lol Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When it comes to points, it is whatever works for you IMO Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Thats Pointless!
Back to top Go down
stikapos

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:51 am

I've had one of these for a while now. THey don't sharpen, only debur. Very quickly at that. I'd rather get it over with quickly, but if you like doing the job manually, who am I to tell you differently ??? Pretty cheap for what you get, but value is subjective.

Rgards,
tim
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:41 am

Cheers Tim, always good to hear from someone who has tried a product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 pm

omg. 2 pages of sharp points!!!

I can't take it. No
Back to top Go down
samana

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 am

ok gang here's the poop, received the sharpener from my brother. Say what you will about sharpening darts but this thing is awesome no BS. 2 seconds and this thing deburs scuffs whatever you want to call it and its done. I suppose if you want to sharpen the tip to a point like a needle that can be done also. By the way someone had mentioned 2 little button batteries in it and they would need replacing often...not true this sharpener has one battery and it looks like a camera battery...lot of power....love this tool
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks Samana for the update, think I will get one too! good job
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:12 am

It was me that mentioned the two batteries - I got that info from the Red Dragon site:

Quote :
Slydart™ measures 5.25" X 1/2" and requires two E90 batteries which are included.

You've obviously only just got it - how long did your brother have it before you, and is it on the same battery?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:12 am

getagrip wrote:
Thanks Samana for the update, think I will get one too! good job

Not yet from RD you won't - they are out of stock approx 7th September lol
Back to top Go down
samana

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 am

Apparently my brother got his recently someone on his team got one and was sick of the rest of them always using it so he got one for himself. He told me that a lot of the military teams all over use them but I know he has had his for a short time
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 am

I have one coming. Will do a review when I get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 am

SilverSaber wrote:
I have one coming. Will do a review when I get it.

Can't wait. rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 am

Just had a quick look over at RD as I was going to order one of these - they are still showing as awaiting stock, but the price looks like it has gone up. I'm sure it was showing £9.99 before but it's now showing £13.90 - that's a 39% increase in price!!!!

I thought a tenner was pushing it - I'll definitely be sticking with the flat stones now at the new price lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 am

£9.99 I actually thought it was even cheaper lol I thought they were £7.99
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 am

£7.99 - even bigger increase then - they obviously don't know the rate of inflation lol
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Just had an email from Red Dragon this morning saying these are now available at £13.90 if you want one
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 pm

That is dearer than dart warehouse, they have them for $20 US. Works out to 12.29 GBP

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
That is dearer than dart warehouse, they have them for $20 US. Works out to 12.29 GBP

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't they also do free shipping all over the World as well - makes it even cheaper than Red Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Free shipping with orders over $10 I think it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah if you spend over £10 its free shipping. Think I may get one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
samana

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 am

Well how bout all you who said no to sharpening, my whole dart league is using this device now, it's actually quite a site to see these guys (and of course the females) carrying these things around but sure is popular with everyone
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 am

HAHAHAHAHA

That bloody thing!!!
A guy in my club has one and it looks and sounds like a dildo and makes a grrrr grrrrr grrrrinding sound when you hone the tip, It came in handy for him during a friendly though cuz he would make that grinding noise whenever an opponent was mid throw. All in good fun though.

Got pay back on him, told him "Id get one for my wife but she would probably knock here teeth out with it" as he was going to the ockey. He laught so hard he sprayed darts everywhere.
Back to top Go down
samana

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 am

Yea that's what I'm talking about works great and what a conversation piece all night
Back to top Go down
samana

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:21 am

I see the " Power " is now selling them too on his web site
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 am

thats it I am getting one then, does he sign them!

nah I do think they are very neat little gadgets and will definitely get one at some point.
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:55 am

I use an electric fish hook sharpener that I got at a local sporting goods store. It only cost about $10 and uses two AA batteries.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

shixon wrote:
I use an electric fish hook sharpener that I got at a local sporting goods store. It only cost about $10 and uses two AA batteries.

Nice one mate. I use a diamond fish hook hone on my points, just to deburr though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slydart precision sharpener   Slydart precision sharpener - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slydart precision sharpener

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-