We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCosmo Fit Flights - Review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cosmo Fit Flights - Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Cosmo Fit Flights - Review Empty
PostSubject: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:41 am

Product Name: Cosmo Fit Flights and Stems

Rating: 10/10

Pros: Very neat and streamlined. Easy and quick to put together. No more Robin Hoods, so stems should last a long time. No fiddling to straighten flights or push them onto stems. Good selection of flight shapes. Many different stem lengths available.

Cons: A bit expensive. Only plain or transparent colours available, no pics on flights. Thats all I can think of.

My Review:

Been patiently waiting for the Cosmo Darts system of stems and flights ever since I first heard about them, so quickly ordered some as soon as DC got them in.

I think they more than live up to all the expectations I had about them, I think its a great system and is very neatly designed.

I had not realised but I bought the Fit Flight Air in Standard Shape and not the Normal Fit Flights, the Fit Flight Air are lighter and thinner.

The system consists of the Cosmo Fit Flight Stems and obviously the Fit Flights. Only Cosmo Fit Flights and Stems are compatible, they are not interchangeable with other flights and stems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bought the Normal In Between 28mm Stems and Standard shape in Green. They are so quick and easy to set up, just screw on the stems then push on the flights and your done. No need to open out and straighten the wings like normal flights, and no struggling to insert into the tops of stems which can be fiddly with some stems. There is no need for stem clips to hold on your flights and no need for flight protectors. This system has it all covered.

When installed it looks like an all in one unit just like the old all in one plastic stems and flights from years ago. The advantage of the Cosmo system is that you can replace a broken flight and still use the stem, so in effect it is a re-working of an old system but much more improved.

I could be wrong but I think the darts are more streamlined when using the Cosmo system, also there is a nice assured feeling thats a little hard to describe but the darts kind of feel like a one piece unit when throwing. Theres no need to worry about flights falling off and you dont need to fiddle with them to check if the flights wings are straight or if they are pushed into the stem properly. The only thing you need worry about is throwing the dart.

There is a great variety of stem lengths to choose from, I usually use a medium deflectagrip with a standard flight and the 28mm stem seems about the same match, see above pic to compare.

I recently bought the Spin type stems just out of curiosity. I have never liked spinning stems and never used them because I always felt distracted if they had a loose feel. I can't say that I will switch to spin stems long term now that I have tried the Cosmo spinners, but they felt far better to throw than all the ones I have tried in the past and I would not have a problem using them on a regular basis as they may have a better advantage with close groupings. All I can say is if you fancy trying out some spin stems then try the Cosmo's as they are the best I have ever used.

I did worry about the fact that the flights are so well fixed that they would have a problem when making close contact, as usually the incoming darts flight might fly off allowing the rest of the dart to hit home. I think that the Cosmo flights are so flexible that they may just bend out of the way when hitting another dart. I got a 180 not long after installing my Cosmos Fit Flights, and it was quite a close grouping.

I also bought some Cosmo Slim stems and not sure what the advantage of these are, maybe it allows more visibility of the target on close groupings, but I prefer the look of the normal stems. The slim stems are very bendy too, but can't say if that's a deliberate design feature. One thing I noticed though was I could not get the slim stems to fully tighten in the barrel so had to use my teeth which left teeth marks on the stem. I doubt if I would buy more slim stems as I cannot see enough advantage to justify the extra cost.

Same pressure applied to normal stems:

A pic of the Slim, Spin, Locked:

The only difference I can see between the Spin and the Locked type is that the top of the Spin Stems are thinner.

If you like to have flights with fancy images on then you will be out of luck with the Cosmo flights as they are all plain colours either transparent or solid. It may be possible to use the Flexi designed flights stickers, but as the Fit Flights have a bump where the shaft fits and as they do not fold completely flat then maybe not. But who knows what those cunning Japs have planned, they may come out with flights that have designs on.

Now to the big disadvantage, the cost. I think the stems can justify their price as I can't really see how they can be broken, unless you throw heavy darts really hard they should last a long while. The flights may not last as long, but they seem durable enough and mine have been used for close to 3 hours and still look great.

I know you can buy a lot of normal flights for the price of the Cosmos, but I think that anyone who is serious about darts should at least try them once, you never know you might just like them, in fact I think you will love them I know I do.

I would give the Cosmo Fit Flights a highly recommended 10/10

Last edited by getagrip on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:16 am

I love the Cosmo system - just a shame they increased the prices by around 15-20%
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:20 am

The price increase is a real sickener, and a bad move I think
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:32 am

Love the Cosmo system....yes expensive but they should last alot longer than reg ones! Using the Delta flights(spinning system)....love them!!!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am

Cosmos are my favorite. Just gets expensive especially if you have a razor or shark grip dart. They tend to shred easily
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 am

Nice review Andy. Top notch mate
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:50 am

SilverSaber wrote:

Hey pops I did it it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 am

I was going to try them....but they are taking the proverbial with the price......they lost me as a customer with a 20% increase just as they were getting popular. Other than John part.....any pros using them?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah there mostly American though, Robert Heckman, Chris White and more.

The price increase is too much though.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 am

getagrip wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

Hey pops I did it it!!! Very Happy

well so ya did Darren, very nice review mate
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 pm

A+ review Darren. i'm still on the fence haha. (where i've been for the last 3 months). tried a mate's set and they were alright, but i noticed he moved back to regular standards with pigeon rings a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 pm

CanadianBacon wrote:
A+ review Darren. i'm still on the fence haha. (where i've been for the last 3 months). tried a mate's set and they were alright, but i noticed he moved back to regular standards with pigeon rings a couple months ago.

Well they are kind of a love or hate item, problem is you need to try them to find out how you feel about them, but with the price increase recently I'm sure that will put potential customers off.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I love them but even I'm contemplating moving back to regular kites with pigeon rings.

I've got more than enough spare Cosmo's to last me a couple of years, so maybe they will see the error of their ways and drop the prices again before I need to change. The only thing though is they were initially made for the Japanese soft tip market, and those Japanese pay stupid prices for all of their darts goods so I doubt Cosmo will reduce them again.
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 am

Hey Darren, I notice the link to the review on DC doesn't work anymore and it's gone from their forum too.

Must be they're allergic to NUTZ hahaha
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

hahahahahah
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 am

Never noticed that before.

All I can think is it either went awol in one of the recent blackouts they have had, or more likely, I notice the pictures now have a darts nutz link watermarked on them - maybe the review got deleted because of that.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 am

Yep its coz I have a watermark on them. I only started doing that because someone elsewhere, I'm not saying who, nicked some of my pics and never mentioned they got them from my efforts. I think I messed up my photobucket too so they are not showing here either, will sort it soon. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 pm

I was able to buy a set of 6 Standard Fit flights for just over $9 australian from deadeye darts.

That made it cheap enough for me to try.

And I am liking them. I have chewed 1 flight up in 3 weeks of use.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 pm

I have used them since they first came out in the UK and still love em!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 pm

expensive but hell its my hobby and compared to other hobbies cheap. When into fishing I had a Boston Whaler (15,000) 10 rods and reels another 2000.00 , bait per trip 25.00, gas, oil, lures another 500.00 Insurance ect. so spending pennies compared to fishing. If you golf well you golfers know its not cheap. So spending 500.00 or so a year on darts is not bad IMO.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I am very much considering getting a set of these. My biggest concern other than the price is changing stems on my Barney darts. I know it isnt THAT huge a deal, but they do feel really nicely balanced with the Titanium ones (even if they do tend to eat/shred anything less robust than a Harrow's carbon).

I suppose I can always switch back. Just a shame they cost so much!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 pm

The thing with the Cosmos is that you really need to try them at least once to know if you like them or not, and yes its a shame they are not cheaper. Smile
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 pm

getagrip wrote:
The thing with the Cosmos is that you really need to try them at least once to know if you like them or not, and yes its a shame they are not cheaper. Smile

OK well assuming my local shop has them I'll be trying a set out tonight for my playoff game!

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:50 pm

If your playoff game is important - which I assume it is - then I would use your normal setup instead of trying out the Cosmo's (just in case you don't like them)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 pm

yeah I would stick to your normal setup first
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 am

Quote :
If your playoff game is important - which I assume it is - then I would use your normal setup instead of trying out the Cosmo's (just in case you don't like them)

I can switch after warm up if I have any doubts.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Ok and just an update on how things went. yes, i did use them in my playoff match. It was a brutal loss, but a bad game and a great opponent was to blame and not the flights. In fact, I actually loved them. My only regret is that I maybe should have gone with a slightly larger flight than I did. (To be closer to what I'm used to).

Time will tell I suppose, but so far so good. I even got spinners which I normally despise, and had no issue with them!!

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Sounds like another Fit Flight Convert then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Quote :
Sounds like another Fit Flight Convert then!

Of course now I have to decide if I want to get used to playing with the more streamlined flights!!

Think good chance I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
m1ghty

m1ghty

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Fantastic review. Was wondering of these were worth and now I have to have to give them a try. Any suggestions on stem lengths? So many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Fit Flights - Review   Cosmo Fit Flights - Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmo Fit Flights - Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next