We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesVideo Used for Practice LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Video Used for Practice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Video Used for Practice Empty
PostSubject: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 am

Did a little search, didn't see anyone mention recording their practice routines.

I have the tri-pod set up next to my board and often record the stuff I do.

The only thing I get out of it is a small sense of added pressure while I'm shooting.

Always trying to do something impressive while the camera is on.

It seems to help when putting in long practice sessions by myself.

Plus it's always a bonus to catch something crazy on film. Smile

Do any of you guys play in front of a camera at home?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Don't have one setup yet, but have been thinking about it atleast for online matches
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:34 pm

I was wondering why you had that tripod in front of your board, thought you may have been using it for a light at first.

I did record my throw once, was before I broke my shoulder, not recorded myself since then but think I will, just to compare and see if anything perceptible has changed.

I like the idea of recording practice though and would love to get a 180 on video, I need a good tripod like you though. Knowing my luck the dart would bounce out and smash the camera lens!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 am

getagrip wrote:
I was wondering why you had that tripod in front of your board, thought you may have been using it for a light at first.

I did record my throw once, was before I broke my shoulder, not recorded myself since then but think I will, just to compare and see if anything perceptible has changed.

I like the idea of recording practice though and would love to get a 180 on video, I need a good tripod like you though. Knowing my luck the dart would bounce out and smash the camera lens!

The camera can play tricks with your mind I found out. For instance, I'll be warming up, throwing some really good stuff when out of nowhere I might toss a 6 mark on the bull or hit a massive checkout. Then get mad at my self for not having the camera on.
Turn the thing on and can hit the side of barn. Laughing
I've yet to capture a 6 mark on the bull. Something I do very often, but when the camera comes on I can't quite get one.
Maybe today while watching the Matchplay I'll try again.
Frustrating though trying to shoot good for the camera.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 am

Winmau wrote:
getagrip wrote:

The camera can play tricks with your mind I found out. For instance, I'll be warming up, throwing some really good stuff when out of nowhere I might toss a 6 mark on the bull or hit a massive checkout. Then get mad at my self for not having the camera on.
Turn the thing on and can hit the side of barn. Laughing
I've yet to capture a 6 mark on the bull. Something I do very often, but when the camera comes on I can't quite get one.
Maybe today while watching the Matchplay I'll try again.
Frustrating though trying to shoot good for the camera.

LOL thats sods law though, but I think it could be a good way to add some pressure to your practice and may be of benefit that way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 am

getagrip wrote:

LOL thats sods law though, but I think it could be a good way to add some pressure to your practice and may be of benefit that way.

If I can hit a big checkout with the camera running, knowing I have a chance to make a decent Youtube video, that's enough added pressure for me. Grips smile
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 am

If I want added pressure I bring my wife to a match. I've never been able to shoot well with her watching or even playing against her. She is coming to my match and I might be using new darts so this will be a challenge hijacked
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 am

yeah,
me wife watch and I shoot crap too.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:35 am

LOL are they both Jinx's
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:37 am

I think it's more that she knows how much I practice and maybe I put too much pressure on myself to play good
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:45 am

Well thats good for extra pressure practice then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:33 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 am

Nice clip mate!

how long have you had the Blade 4? is it wearing well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm

getagrip wrote:
Nice clip mate!

how long have you had the Blade 4? is it wearing well?

I think it's been close to a month now.

Best board I've ever played on.

I'm using the L-Style hardlip points and so far there is ZERO wear on the board.

The bullseye is as fresh as when it came out of the box.

The carbon tips don't chew up the metal like steel tips do.

Love, love this board!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

I see, just had a look at those points they look quite good found em here: http://a180.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2330&xSec=191

a good idea too, my Accudart Penetrators have a kind of carbon point but I heard they can split easily, but those L-Style ones sounds like a new hard wearing material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:39 am

Turned on the camera last night with the hopes of catching a 6 mark on the bull.

After 20 minutes I was getting frustrated. Wasn't even setting up the shot.

So I did a quick 50 darts at the 20. If you take away the 180's I feel I didn't shoot well at all.

Lot's of room to improve. My best is 78 in 50 since I returned playing again.

Here's a 73 I caught. Little bonus action at the end. Smile

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 am

Thats great shooting Winmau, will be nice to compare in a few months how much you progress I'm sure it will be even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:47 am

getagrip wrote:
Thats great shooting Winmau, will be nice to compare in a few months how much you progress I'm sure it will be even better Very Happy

Thanks Grip. The progress has been steady. Hung my board up on Mar 6th this year (know this because of dated pics I took) after not even touching a dart in the 18 months we've lived at the new house. The 1st few weeks were pretty rough. Couldn't hit much of anything, but i kept at it and put in the hours of practice. It was fun again.
45 days later I decided to have a go at the NY state championships (soft tip). My goal was to make it past the 1st match. Somehow a few hours later I found myself in the singles finals. I lost but it was a great match. Really fired me up. So I came home and went right back to practicing.
Started keeping tabs on my 50 darts at the 20 last month. 1st week my best was 59 marks. That slowly crept up and just another month later it's at 78 marks or about 4.7 marks per round average. The goal is set at 84. Just need to catch fire at the right time and I think it's possible for me.
Plus I'm starting to get used to the camera being there. Adds a bit of pressure.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:52 am

Will you have a good temperament and attitude towards your goals so thats half the battle won already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 am

Goofing around...

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am

haha I plan on doing that with my go camera what I use on my bike, going to fix it to my head for a similar shot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 am

This was from 2010 when I picked the darts up for a few months. Never got into it again until March of this year. Glad to be back.

Practicing my outshots 81-85. Had a good run on the bull.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 am

Deadly on the Bulls JD! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:53 am

Deadly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 am

I'll make a new video tonight. Seems as though I was running 240p back then.

Laughing

The other video is outs 61-80 but it's really grainy. Did hit 10 of those outs.

See if I can beat it later with 1080p. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 am

I tried using a web cam to video myself while throwing. I don't know what use I would get from seeing them in the board up close but I did think that seeing my arm motion would help. Only problem is that my camera is not fast enough to pick up my entire motion. So, it looks choppy. Also, my playing area is so small that I can't properly position the camera at a good angle. I dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:56 am

It is weird to see yourself throwing.

My gf shot some video of me playing a few weeks ago and it was weird to watch.

I see how everyone else plays. Odd to see me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 am

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just blew one of my records out of the water

Caught it on video!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uploading now!!!! It's sick!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 am

sounds good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 am

With the way I was shooting I wasn't expecting anything like this today. Caught fire for a few minutes and did this...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Used for Practice   Video Used for Practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Used for Practice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next