We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesJohn Part Cosmo's LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

John Part Cosmo's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Just seen this on the Cosmo site - the JP darts are coming out at the end of the month. They look good to me and I like the look of the new flights. The shafts are interesting as well - they are Fit Shaft Gears in red - wonder how many other colours they have lined up?? I reckon there will be a black set as well for when the Justin Pipe darts come out, and I reckon white and blue for other colours - probably pink as well for the ladies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Look nice, but I guess the price will be ridiculous, like the name though The Death Sabres lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm

It's strange that they look nothing like the darts that he has used for years. I really like Part shaped darts and am surprised at the move to this shape.

They are nice, but they don't look like the ones he was using at the worlds. Maybe he was still using a unicorn set
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Look nice - quite a radical change but if it works for him then Smile
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 pm

i'll be heading down to the north american pdc canadian event next month (the london ontario one) and i'll keep my eye out to see if these are the darts he is using.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 pm

I think he may be using the darts and shafts, but I think he may still be using the red maple leaf flights
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 am

like them but need to be heavier for me.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Just seen these on AAA Plus Trains - the usual Cosmo price of $176 or £112 in real money, so I can't see me getting a set of these any time soon. On a brighter note they also have the new flights available separately, so I can see an order going in for a set of those shortly for my little collection lol.

I really wish someone would do a similar thing with Cosmo darts like they have done with Monster darts - open a UK shop and sell them half price. They'd be guaranteed sales of at least 3 sets to me lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Way too much money, are they crazy! there is no justification for such a high sales price!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 pm

I was talking to a dart shop owner last week, now his family has run a darts shop for ages, and they were the business that manufacturered the manchester (log end) darts boards it became too difficult to source the elm required to amke the boards.

Anyway we got talking about darts prices, after the dicussion about him no longer stocking cosmos because they did not sell well enought and he made very little return on his investment (which had to be significant to deal with a Japanese company).

he does not entertain the foreing brands really because he gets so little for his money when he has to spend say £10,000 with them, like he said, for £10,000 he could buy a shed load of darts from the usual names.

Anyway, he had the owner of Masterdarts in his shop recently, and he said that he was really busting his balls asking why do we retail darts at such low prices in the UK, and that throughout Europe and the rest of the World it is the norm to spend fortunes on darts, and we make it difficult over here, and other brands are not interested in selling their darts to our market becasue we wont pay enough!!
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 pm

That really is crazy money...they would need to give free censored for every 180 at that price

Last edited by USMC80 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed wording lol)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:38 pm

dannyd180 wrote:
I was talking to a dart shop owner last week, now his family has run a darts shop for ages, and they were the business that manufacturered the manchester (log end) darts boards it became too difficult to source the elm required to amke the boards.

Anyway we got talking about darts prices, after the dicussion about him no longer stocking cosmos because they did not sell well enought and he made very little return on his investment (which had to be significant to deal with a Japanese company).

he does not entertain the foreing brands really because he gets so little for his money when he has to spend say £10,000 with them, like he said, for £10,000 he could buy a shed load of darts from the usual names.

Anyway, he had the owner of Masterdarts in his shop recently, and he said that he was really busting his balls asking why do we retail darts at such low prices in the UK, and that throughout Europe and the rest of the World it is the norm to spend fortunes on darts, and we make it difficult over here, and other brands are not interested in selling their darts to our market becasue we wont pay enough!!

So in other words they are ripping people off! I know the price of tungsten went up not long ago but that does not justify the stupid prices they are charging from some of the companies.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 am

we get ripped off badly here in canada for darts. i went down to a "local" dart shop last summer (about a 7 hour round trip drive) and saw they had the target lewis zirconiums. got to have a few throws with them and then noticed the price, $125 canadian (~£80) plus 14 percent tax. double the price of what they can be had from the UK. needless to say i ordered them online along with a ton of flights and shafts as well as shipping for well under the price of just the set of darts in store.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:38 am

Holy f**k. That is steep CB, thank god for the internet Laughing
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 am

Other than Cosmo flights and shafts.......I have not bought a dart or shaft in North America in over 5 years......Like CB said....the prices are nutz, you can get what you need in the UK....have it flown over the ocean to your door for a crap load less than getting stuff up the road from where I live....lol!!! darts throw
I would never buy a set of cosmo darts......price is crazy....someone in our part of the world needs to start making something similar to Cosmo's....they would make a killing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:01 am

yep we have some expensive darts being sold by the Japanese for sure and other places too. I just buy mine from UK thats it. hell can't afford some of these and I'm not poor either.
I can have customs made alot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:02 am

Forgot to mention I like a back up set hell thats outta the question.
Back to top Go down

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:10 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
i'll be heading down to the north american pdc canadian event next month (the london ontario one) and i'll keep my eye out to see if these are the darts he is using.

This is a little off topic but are you going to be playing in this and is it set up for a gallery to watch matches? Just wondering, I've never been to an event like this. Also on the topic of local dart prices in Canada, I saw a set of Unicorn T90's I liked - they wanted $89.99. I just got them from PureDarts for $27 delivered!! I want to support my local shops but how can I at those prices ?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 am

i wanna go to the one in Atlantic City and was wondering same thing about spectators
Back to top Go down

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:32 am

I wish we had events of that caliber in Nova Scotia - I would definitely go! Hey maybe the carrot man could take every set he owns and tour North America!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 am

Nucky wrote:
I wish we had events of that caliber in Nova Scotia - I would definitely go! Hey maybe the carrot man could take every set he owns and tour North America!!

Don't want his stink invading North America too!
Back to top Go down

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 am

lol on floor lol on floor lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

I'm gunna come over there and stink you up good Mac! Very Happy

Carrot Power Rules! dancing carrot
Back to top Go down

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 am

All rise for the dancing carrot!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Part Cosmo's Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Part Cosmo's   John Part Cosmo's Empty

Back to top Go down

John Part Cosmo's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1