We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMy latest Cosmo acquisition  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

My latest Cosmo acquisition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

My latest Cosmo acquisition  Empty
PostSubject: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:02 am

Don't know how they throw but here are the Cosmo aluminium stems I got today sitting nicely on my Ogre II's:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Normal retail price is approx £70 - picked them up on Ebay for £25 including postage for the stems and 4 sets of Fit Flight Airs.

They are a little longer than I usually use at 31mm, but on the Ogre II's they should be ok as I usually use 28mm stems on them.

Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow - but a nice addition to the collection anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 am

That's actually not too bad a picture of my Ogre II's - shame it's not straight, but I have had a few bevvies lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 am

wow you got a steal on them! They look good, let us know how they throw/hold up
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Sweet....any more available??? good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Very nice Mike, and the more I see the Ogre darts the more I want a set, even though they are 22g I just might have to get some anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

getagrip wrote:
Very nice Mike, and the more I see the Ogre darts the more I want a set, even though they are 22g I just might have to get some anyway Very Happy

I haven't weighed them but I think the 22g is with all the bits on - the barrels I think are more like 20-21g. They are definitely lighter than the McDine's I've been using for the last few days.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Looking at that picure, I wish I'd gone for them myself now!! Are they fixed or spinners Mike?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 pm

They do look nice - thanks for pointing me in their direction again - still can't believe what a bargain they were bearing in mind the flights on their own would be just over £20 lol. They are spinners as well which is good as that's what I prefer Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 am

I put some plain clear black standard airs on them and had a throw for about ten minutes - first impressions are they are very good - they fly nice and straight, and I even managed to hit a 180 with them lol. I wouldn't pay around £70 for a set, but if another set came up for the same price I paid for these then I would most likely go for them as well.

I changed over to the Darin Young shape flights as they appeal more to the dart tart in me and I nearly hit the 3 bullseyes. Didn't take a picture but the first 2 went in and the third deflected just outside the semi lol.

As far as the weight goes, there's not really too much difference between them and the equivalent size normal spinners - both these are 31mm. The alu's are slightly heavier, but nothing to worry about:

My normal stems for the Ogre's are 28mm Gears - as expected these are a little lighter, but don't know what the 31mm versions would be:

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

+1 Mike. Thanks for the info. Your pics getting better and better as well.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:10 am

Cheers Mac - I still want to get a decent camera though lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:21 am

Damn nice I say, they just aluminum ? I mean bending breaking ?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 am

I've only had them a day so don't know if they bend or break - they better not at that price lol - but as far as I am aware they are just aluminium
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:36 am

Thats lots of moola my friend. I bet they have an alloy of some sort is my guess.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:42 am

I still reckon everything cosmos are really expensive and I really can't see a reason why. I know folks love them who have tried them...but until someone wins a major with them I reckon they are well over priced
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 am

I agree, they look fantastic and the whole Cosmo idea is brilliant, unfortunately the cost of Cosmo gear makes them out of reach for me at the moment.
I saw some titanium Cosmo shafts with the rainbow effect on eBay, they were priced over $100 for a single set!

Have to say though, these look very nice indeed and compliment the Ogre's to a tee happy dude
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 am

Well hopefully someone will copy and bring price down. Patent only good for so long.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:17 am

I think if you go to a good machine shop they could make some easily, but dont tell cosmo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 am

getagrip wrote:
I think if you go to a good machine shop they could make some easily, but dont tell cosmo!

If I could operate one of those machines I'd have hundreds of spare copy stems by now - oh, and also about 50 sets of custom darts lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My latest Cosmo acquisition    My latest Cosmo acquisition  Empty

Back to top Go down

My latest Cosmo acquisition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1