We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAlternate Dart Throw Technique LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Alternate Dart Throw Technique

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bigshow

Bigshow

Alternate Dart Throw Technique Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:38 am

Personally I think this guys been on the wine. He says that critics state that this technique causes a wobble but it usually corrects itself. I would be one of those critics, a dart wobbling through the air trying to correct itself will not be as accurate as a dart that is flying smoothly. I understand him saying reducing variables can help accuracy but I think he is going about it in the wrong manner. He mentions cutting out the forward lean but that is something that differs from player to player and provided that the lean is not physically demanding and unstable then it doesn`t matter.

What say you guys and gals?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 am

I think this was posted somewhere on here big already, but its worth visiting again.

I think he throws it like a knife, my Dad throws very similar to it and I dont think it is a good way of throwing to be honest.

I think its much better if the dart can travel through the air as smoothly as possible.

Whoever they guy is I have not seen him post about it anymore so I guess he gave it up in the end! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:19 am

Not for me.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:24 am

watched 10 seconds---pause, close. cant waste megabytes on that rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 am

Not for me either, tried it and almost put a dart through the ceiling shh
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 am

rumandcork wrote:

cry laugh very wise, maybe the guy was a former knife thrower?
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 am

cry laugh very wise, maybe the guy was a former knife thrower?[/quote]
Definitely the throwing knife style. The guy Pawlicky, who did the study of "typical" dart throwing which this guy is referencing, apparently didn't study dart throwers who were any good. His descriptions aren't totally accurate. When he talks about leaning forward, he's talking about the thrower who leans forward as he throws the dart, you know, the lunger. Sure there's plenty of variation with him, but the person who leans slightly before he throws and holds that position during all three throws isn't introducing any more variables. He talks about the moving parts of the arm/hand and mentions the upper arm. Well, a good dart thrower doesn't move his upper arm while throwing. Typically, it's held parallel to the floor and all the movement is from the elbow up. His description of a typical throw has all these moving body parts. In reality, the only difference between a good typical throw and his backyard demo is maybe a slight forward lean and how the dart is held. And if a guy throws five or six darts at bull, only puts two in the green, and the rest aren't really that close, he's not convincing me that I'm doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 am

rumandcork wrote:

Ha ha ha, no messing about where your concerned. I like your style.

I never realised this was posted before but it`s good to bring it up again as it will hopefully be seen by a beginner to darts and they will know that this guy shouldn`t be emulated. If there was any hint of success in this technique then I`m sure we would see someone on the pro stage using it, but there aint, so to the sin bin with this geezer.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 am

Well I dont think anyone would coach that style, but if someone was throwing like that naturally and hitting their target I would leave them to it, but my Dad is almost the same style and he is terrible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Dart Throw Technique   Alternate Dart Throw Technique Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternate Dart Throw Technique

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1