We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesthrow on the exhale LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

throw on the exhale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumandcork

rumandcork

throw on the exhale Empty
PostSubject: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:48 am

dont know why i do it but i've noticed its habit now. when i get to the oche i place my feet and take a deep breath while drawing an imaginary line with my eyes from my lead foot up to the target. When i find my target i start the exhale and throw all 3 darts while breathing out. Sound crazy? ANybody else have little quirks like this?
Back to top Go down
ShadowNotes

ShadowNotes

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 am

It's anything but crazy Michael. I got a few quirks but I'll need a day or two to think about it. I know my first shots of the day include a deep breath and a self reminder to stand up straight. Then I go over everything in my mind, throw and go get my 39s or my 79s if I stood up straight enough. I personally think it's very proper to have a quirk or two to remind ourselves what our goal is.

Good thought.

Last edited by ShadowNotes on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspell)
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 am

I don't know if it's a quirk or not but I have a little four note tune that goes on in my head along with my throw. Aim, draw, pause, whoosh. (Yes, those are the words that go along with the tune). Smile

And I've noticed lately that I unnecessarily look harder at near misses. You know when you hit the wire of the treble how you sort of drop your head down to have a look to see if it's in? I do that on fairly obviously missed singles for some reason. Not sure why...

Never thought about my breathing much, but it's on the list of things to think about that will ruin my throw for a month at some point in the future. Smile

Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm

I understand what you mean Smile

When I line up at the oche I take a deep breath, and with the first dart I exhale a little, and the second I exhale a little more, and with the third dart I have exhaled the deep breath Smile But the fun part is that I dont even know that I do so when I play, I just realized it when I was practicing Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Hmmm I don't think at the oche. I guess that's why got me butt kicked last night lol.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm

If that technique works for you then fair play but personally i see it as over-thinking. Eric Bristow occasionally asked his opponents before the match started if they inhaled or exhaled during their throw and some found it to be very difficult to concentrate because they simply didn`t know and started over-thinking.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Bigshow wrote:
If that technique works for you then fair play but personally i see it as over-thinking. Eric Bristow occasionally asked his opponents before the match started if they inhaled or exhaled during their throw and some found it to be very difficult to concentrate because they simply didn`t know and started over-thinking.

I read about this one, too, and didn't think about my breathing pattern before. When I became conscious about it, my throws became erratic. So what I do now is to breathe slowly and throw on the exhale, which has become a semi-conscious effort than a conscious one. The less movement, the better.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:20 am

Ive often heard that darts is not a thinking mans game. However if ya don't know your outs and try playing American Cricket without thinking your in deep do-do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: throw on the exhale   throw on the exhale Empty

Back to top Go down

throw on the exhale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1