We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 am

Well nice to meet you. Getagrip might be along to help you with questions about Schofield darts

Last edited by USMC80 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 am

thanks for saring sunny. sure grip or others can help on those.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 am

notjimpike wrote:
Been looking at schofield darts on Ebay..seem pricey,so googled it and got darts nutz.
Haven't played darts since 1996 when my mother died,but had a go earlier this year.could not hit a thing.
trying to solve my problems as been a pain.I had played for over 25 years to a fair pub standard,reaching a local league individual final,
A problem that has got worse is my epilesy(I had my first do when I was 40),I used to always chalk in league games being quite good at mental arithmatic.
sadly now I can pull my darts out and forget my score,but there are people worse of than me
my best score at darts was possibly when I got 5 bulls in 6 darts,my claim to fame would be,I aways (played for aggregate(may have spelt that wrong)so I always left double one.
or any double that came along.Being quite a quick playerI would usually shake hands as they pulled out their darts or lose by 2.
I had played with medium Schofield but found replacing flights a bind.So I used to use Long Tom's with the all in one plastic flights, but have not been able to find any more(at the right price)
I use some 14.5grm ????? concentric brass darts,but may go for set a little lighter,maybe.

Where Schofield dart made in Bridlington

Be happy

All the Best

From Sunny Wakefield

Hello mate, I think your probably close as I was told it was Scarborough, but I have some in my collection, you can check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

Sorry to hear of your epilepsy, when I was younger my older brother had fits, my mother always told us it was epilepsy, but he died when I was nearly 19, he had a brain tumour, but Mam always kept that quiet, but it was not nice when he had his do's as we called them. I'm sure by carrying on playing you will be benefitting yourself in other ways though.

My friend who is very good with brass and a lathe, made one schofield type barrel but has not made any more since, I really need to get him to make a full set as it was a top job.

You may also want to check out Patrick Chaplins site too as I am sure he will know the exact location they were originally made.
http://www.patrickchaplin.com/

They do tend to sell for around the £20+ mark on Ebay though. Also depends on their condition too.

Hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 am

Silver just told me about this place over at Justin.tv.

Looks like a pretty cool place here. beer drink
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:56 am

good old silver (larry). Great place IMO, some good guys, banter and great prizes going out all the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 am

Glad to be here. I'll be back later tonight after darts to check this place out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:00 am

Ah, the OG old man. I knew he was good for something lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:04 am

Winmau wrote:
Glad to be here. I'll be back later tonight after darts to check this place out. Very Happy
nice one, I'm sure you'll love it!
welcome

Back to top Go down
jc14

jc14

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello all.

Had a nice chat with SilverSabre on Justin TV. I am a regular on D16 and Silver Sabre had some nice words about Neil.
I cant promise that I'll post here too often but I wanted to register and wish you all the best.
I'll pop in as often as I can. Very Happy

Regards,
James.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Well good to meet ya James. Once again, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Thats fine James, most of us are members on other forums so we just get round them when we can, cant have too many sites on darts I say! good job
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 am

jc14 wrote:
Hello all.

Had a nice chat with SilverSabre on Justin TV. I am a regular on D16 and Silver Sabre had some nice words about Neil.
I cant promise that I'll post here too often but I wanted to register and wish you all the best.
I'll pop in as often as I can. Very Happy

Regards,
James.

Thanks James appreciate what time ya have buddy.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 am

Not a problem JC. Stop in when you can/want Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 am

Hey guys.

I found a link on AAA Plus Trains and Darts and thought I would have a look. I liked what I saw so I joined up.

Glad I did, cos now Ive found similar dart nutters to myself. lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm

happy dude Thats great Jimbo! we are growing bigger all the time and we need members like yourself to help us grow further! good job
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 am

Think I seen a post on Everything Darts mentioning Dartsnutz....so I checked it out!! Been here ever since.....and dragged a couple of guys out of there as well.....lol !!! good job
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 pm

I purchased some brass stems and to play around with and noticed the differance in the lye of the dart, this interested me enough to see if there was any weight specs on normal stems, phase 5 inparticular, a google search sent me to this forum and bobs your uncle!
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:35 am

DIRTY G wrote:
I purchased some brass stems and to play around with and noticed the differance in the lye of the dart, this interested me enough to see if there was any weight specs on normal stems, phase 5 inparticular, a google search sent me to this forum and bobs your uncle!

What????? Bob's not my uncle??? What you on about?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:44 pm

I had a great Uncle Robert, is that who you mean?
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 pm

some clown i think his name is mac posted a link on justin tv me thinking here comes another virus i chatted with a few blokes on jtv and here i still think they are viruses but if cant beat em join em haha now your stuck with lol! [URL=http://www.sher
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 pm

LOL it is a virus Rotty, its the DartsNutz virus, once you taste the NUTZ your addicted and transformed into a Darts Addict! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sp

Sp

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

through your JTV screening of the disused Essex country club darts part 5. I said I would come and take a look and today is the day
Back to top Go down
Simplyoj

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 am

through your Justin tv stream. Awesome stream btw. Smile

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 am

great, welcome aboard Simplyoj!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 am

Nice one Simply! and welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 am

Brilington, I thought they were made down the road from there in Scarborough and im sure I read somewhere once that they wer'e supposed to be made by the blind. I came across this forum while googleing vintage darts. Never been a member of another forum and dont feel the need to either, get everything I need on here. Really enjoy it
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 am

I read in an old mag that the owner at the time wanted to keep the location secret, maybe later on he got busier and sourced the work out to a blind charity so they could make money from it?

It did say the location was in a seaside town in North Yorkshire though.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:09 am

bump for new members Smile
Back to top Go down
DrJimmy

DrJimmy

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 am

Hello all! DrJimmy from Greenock, Scotland here. Love the Darts! I was just browsing darts and dart related products, and as always, went off in a tangent and somehow came across this site! And that's no bad thing! Enjoying the darts tonight. Hope yous are too :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?   How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you hear about Dartsnutz.com?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next