We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesvintage arrows LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

vintage arrows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dartnutt

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi , first time post for me on any forum, but i have played darts for over 40 years,still love playing,still can hit the odd 180 ,though not as regular as i used too. i have just got my son to buy a set of vintage tom barrett darts from ebay. I met tom barrett and played against him when he visited dublin and my local in the early 70s for an exhibition. I bought a set of his brass darts,cant remember if i got them from him but i may have, anyway,the best set of darts i ever had,played the best i ever played with them. Won my club championship with them,played in a lot of tournaments until i lost 1 of the set .I was a fitter/turner ,tried to make a replacement,nsuccessfully, i may add. And now,today,i have just purchased the exact darts,in their original box,with the late tom barretts nane on them,almost 40 years later,for a measly 20 stg. is'nt the internet wonderful. I feel like a kid at xmas,cant wait for them to arrive to play with them. Has anyone else ever wished they had their old darts still ?

Last edited by dartnutt on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dartnutt

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Sorry about the odd spelling mistake in my post,the letter p on my laptop doesnt work,i have to keep pasteing it,and the odd letter sticks now and then .
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi, welcome dartnut, I am sure you will enjoy it on here, I am new myself and love it!

Great story, and a great ending, just looked the darts up and they look very nice indeed.

I am lucky enough to still have my original first set, 25g Harrow's Red Ring Bristow's. Almost put them on eBay last week but my heart ruled my head and they are safely tucked away in the drawer again.
I am certain I will never use them again but I think to have your original darts that you first started out with is special.

Regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 am

Welcome friend.
Happy to hear ya got a set after all that time (amazing) Join us on Thursdays chat box for the PL matches mate. We are happy to have ya here, thanks for joining.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:33 am

Welcome here!

Great to hear that you found a set of your beloved darts again Smile A true cinderellastory Very Happy We like those on here Smile

And I just checked the darts on the internet, a very nice dart indeed Smile They look like they could be the grandfather of Simon Whitlocks darts Smile

I hope that you will get the old feeling back when you get your hands on them Smile
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:36 am

Welcome aboard!!! I've never missed my old darts because I just really started playing and still have my first set. But I do love that feeling when your new set comes in the mail. Like you said, christmas morning
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 am

Welcome to Dartsnutz er Dartnut! welcome

Very pleased you joined mate, and great you got some darts like that!

I just recently read the book "Darts" by Tom Barret and it was a great read, he was a very good player and I believe was the first player to win the News Of The World competition in 2 consecutive years, no mean feat at all.

The picture of him on the cover of the book makes him look a lot like Paul Daniels:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Darts By Tom Barrett by dazdart, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

vintage arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: vintage arrows   vintage arrows Empty

Back to top Go down

vintage arrows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1