We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesVintage lot!!!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Vintage lot!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
McInnis180

McInnis180

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Here is a lot I got on Ebay UK.....$16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't shoot this Ton 80.....just showing you the size of the barrels.....barely fits the treble!!!!

Here is as close as I got with them....lol...not bad!!!!

Here are my new Comets!!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing

HERE IS MY LINK TO MY VINTAGE COLLECTION!!!!

http://s1095.beta.photobucket.com/user/coopbubbles/library/Vintage%20Darts beer drink
Back to top Go down

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Awesome score!!!!!!!!! happy dude

The barrels are HUGE on the one set. Shocked
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Nice little bargain you got there.

As for the Comets, I thought they looked in damned good condition then I saw they are the new Heritage range reproductions lol. I've got a couple of sets of the original Wisden ones which I am really tempted to throw but don't want to do any damage to them - I may get a set of the reproductions myself just to play with.
Back to top Go down
shafted

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Bargain McInnis180 some lovely darts there, I have always liked the unicorn superflume flghts, is there not the same level of competition for vintage darts on eBay.com as there is with .co.uk as you would not have got them for that price here. Think I will start scouring .com myself. Well done.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey Mc I think you have a set of the darts that I threw for the 9ft 501 challeng that you all let us win!!! thanx for my star Very Happy
I did ask Grip and if anyone knew what they were dut I didnt get any info on them. Not blaming Gripo but I think he just does not have enough darts in his collection to call himself a collector yet!!!!
Anyhow's here is a photo of said darts, Im hoping you or shafted could tell me what they are. Dont think Grip is quite up to the task yet so Ill ask the pros.[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I think they may be a Unicorn cuz I got some Tom Barrets with them.

Sorry Grip this Is in no way a stab at your inability to identify darts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Theres 1000's of designs of barrels, and so many makers that made darts that are no longer in business.

No way can any one know them all unless the makers had catalogues of every dart and each dart was stamped with the make and model. Also many designs are copied from one maker to the next. I have a few sets that I have no idea what they are, but thats what makes collecting them fun, there is so many shapes and designs Very Happy

Nice collection Trev did you buy them from RWF1 by any chance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Now you mention that Darren I think you may be right - I remember seeing a bundle on there from him that looked similar but I didn't bid for some reason.

I got another bundle off him for £23 though - there were 11 sets but I only really wanted 3 of them as they were Dorwins lol. A couple of the others were ok as well, but the rest I wouldn't have bid if they were up as single items.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

getagrip wrote:
Theres 1000's of designs of barrels, and so many makers that made darts that are no longer in business.

No way can any one know them all unless the makers had catalogues of every dart and each dart was stamped with the make and model. Also many designs are copied from one maker to the next. I have a few sets that I have no idea what they are, but thats what makes collecting them fun, there is so many shapes and designs Very Happy

I dont want excuses I want results lol on floor
bloody thing has an extra band that I didnt pick up anyhow lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm

LOL!

I remember now what they are Mr Gullible, they were the very first darts designed and made when they first discovered how to make brass.

They were not sure what to use this new metal for, so they fashioned it into darts, at the time it was not called darts though but they thought it would make a good weapon.

They are the original brass dart, so are worth at least £1,000,000! affraid
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

£1,000,000!!!!!!!
wait right there Im coming ova for a holiday!!!! whoo hooo Im retired
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

what weight are they Dirty G?
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 pm

???????? dont have scales but ive been meaning to take them around to a friend that does. Sorry should have known this before hand. A guy at work mentiond that he just threw a whole lot of darts in the bin and I screemed out NOOOOOOO!!!! so he dug them out and gave them to me, In the set were these and a set of Tom Barret's with case and another set of great big torpedo shaped unicorns that im sure I had seen in grips collection. so I am leaning towards Unicorn cuz two of the three sets are deffo Unicorn.

hijacked lol!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

I reckon you should go and get them weighed down your local post office (I know UK post offices will weigh things) - but if they are Unicorn then my guess would be one of the following:

1 - any on the right hand page
http://www.unicorn-darts.com/upload/dartsbooks/pages/dbp4_17.jpg

or
2 - the first 3 on the left hand page
http://www.unicorn-darts.com/upload/dartsbooks/pages/dbp4_18.jpg

Judging from the look of them then either 208, 297, 300 or 301 would be my guesses, but it all depends on the weight as to which they are.

If you've never looked through them before then the Unicorn Books of Darts are brilliant and well worth a look.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Here's a proper link to all the Books of Darts

http://www.unicorn-darts.com/community/book-of-darts/
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

happy dude yay thanx MC
deffo first link and 206 (28g dimond knurl opposed to the parellel knurl)
was thinking they felt a little heavier than my 26's but the mass of the thing threw me. Looks alot heavier lol.

Thanx for your effort and the dart book, that'll come in handy. http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
shafted

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 am

So it was ebay uk? I never seem to find such a bargain. And Darren where does RWF1 keep getting such an endless supply of vintage darts from? I know rumour has it that he has several seller Ids, and been selling on eBay for a few years now but how come he never runs out. I notice he has more than his share of customised vintage darts for sale which suggest to me he may be customising them himself for a profit
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am

Well he probably gets them in private deals mostly, who knows, I know he bought lots last year, was buying just about everything on there.

But what he has on now are what he has just stuck together mostly, parts from one set onto another, frankenstein darts I call em. But people who know no better will buy them thinking they are getting something genuine. Also has a few made up sets of Schofields that are made with copper piping.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:55 am

I was wondering about those customised vintage darts lol - frankenstein darts is a great name for them
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 am

he has some bobbly darts on now with Dorwin pins and flights stuck in, and the wood case was off another set, I know as I bid on the set just for the case a while ago.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 am

Is that the set with the ivory middle bits? I thought it was the same lot - I bid on that for the case a short while ago as well lol.
Back to top Go down
shafted

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 am

eBay need to stop people changing Id's without a good reason so easily, and only one account per IP address would possibly help to stop multi accounts, Im sure they could do it if they wanted to.
Copper pipes as schofields thats a sneaky one, do they get a schofield stamp on the barrel as well?
Back to top Go down
aboji

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 am

WOW!! Great score indeed! NICE!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 am

well I think people are allowed to have more than one account as there is nothing to stop it really, but a lot of ebayers use one account for selling and one for buying. But I think 2 should be the limit.

I also think they should stop sellers from making their sales private as it is just encouraging shill bidding. I have been out bid on a few items recently, then almost the next instant I am being offered a second chance offer, I get suspicious when the offer comes so quickly after a listing ends so I dont take the offer.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am

I had a second chance offer less than 5 minutes after an auction ended a couple of weeks ago - I even got a message from the seller about it. The person that won the auction even had a zero feedback as well lol. It most likely wasn't but it may have been genuine - whichever way I'm never going to take up a second chance offer.

I also agree about the private sales as well - definitely something suspicious there.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 am

it is strange but there has been a few high winning bids lately with zero feedback only for the items to be re-listed again Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 am

getagrip wrote:

YES I DID GRIP!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

Nice pick up mate, they look spectacular.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
getagrip wrote:

YES I DID GRIP!!!!! lol!

thought so, just watch out for his shil bidding.
Back to top Go down
shafted

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I agree that it does go on, It happened with me with the very rare N.O.T.W house champion prize darts a while ago.

I lost out on them, only to be contacted a few days later by the seller telling me there had been no contact from the winning bidder so I could now have them for my losing bid. I still had not deleted them from my watched items and checked it over, it turned out if you eliminated the winning bidder I would have won them for about £25 less,

I refused his second offer chance pointing the situation out, and offered him £25 less, but if I hadn't been a bit cynical I could have been ripped off.

So my tip if you really want something and lose out on it, keep it in your watched items for a while, and then if you do get a second chance offer, let them know that you are aware what your winning bid would have been but for there so called non payer. You might just get them for the price you should of payed in the first place.

tip
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 am

yeah its worth a try Neil.

there was some Jim Pikes that went to a silly £77 the other week, were worth no more than maybe £25 but they were re-listed, and I saw that the winning bidder had bid on some other darts which were also re-listed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vintage lot!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot!!!!   Vintage lot!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage lot!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1