We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCameo Opella US Basic Darts Case LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case Empty
PostSubject: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi guys, just got this nice case in the mail as a birthday gift from my dart playing brother. I figured I'd give it a proper review as I have yet to do one and have wanted to do one for a while now! Seeing as how it was a birthday gift I won't be commenting on how it was originally shipped or which shop it came from. On to the case itself. (please excuse the brightness of my flash, as it has washed out some the details of the white interior components!)

Here is how mine came boxed (ignore the little crunch at the bottom, my boxer puppy decided to give it a little taste while my back was turned Laughing):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a picture of the case out of the box:

I ended up getting the blue exterior/white interior synthetic leather version, which I find very very nice looking. The case itself is a take on the popular folding dart wallet. It use a fancy magnetic button/clasp on the outside to keep the wallet securely closed. It also comes with a hook and carabiner for attaching to your belt. On the backside of the exterior is a slot stitched on that is the perfect size for credit/debit cards. Here are some pictures of the exterior of the wallet fully loaded. I should also mention that the blue KrystaL flight case was not included with the wallet.

Here is a picture of the front of the case where you can see that it easily accommodates fully set up darts, therefore no need to remove your flights and shafts while using the case. You can also see the carabiner in the upper left of the case.

Here is a picture from the back of the case. You can see where the credit card sized slot is placed. A very nice feature in my opinion.

Here is a top view picture of the fully loaded case with a standard flight to the left so you can see how thick the case is.

Onto the interior of the case. Simply put, the interior of the opella case is quite impressive. It is made almost entirely out of supple synthetic leather. The case itself has room for two sets of barrels as well as abundant pockets for 4 sets of flights, 2-4 sets of shafts, soft tip points and 2 slim pouches for accessories. The case also has a clever wallet type pocket for cash/bills. Unfortunately the flash of my camera drowned out much of the white interior, so you cannot see how nicely stitched and put together the inside of the case really is.

Here are some pictures of the interior of the opella case:

Here is a picture of everything that was in the case for the photos: 2 sets of perfect storm darts, 3 sets of small shafts, 4 sets of standard flights, packaged target pigeon rings, and a "credit card." Even with all of these items in the case there was ample room for more flights and stems as well as room for cash Smile. I was quite surprised by the strength of the magnetic button, even when dropped fully loaded the button did not open and everything was still securely where it was.

I do however have a few minor gripes about the case. My first is simply that despite its clever design, it is quite large and thick for a typical dart wallet. Fully loaded it was very wide and would not fit in a pant pocket or a dart shirt, which explains why it comes with a carabiner. My second complaint would be the white interior. From a visual standpoint the white is quite attractive but I can see it getting dirty very quickly. One issue I had is with a set of cheapy red flights that slightly stained the white synthetic leather to a pinkish hue. (they do come in a variety of both interior and exterior colours though) My last complaint is a minor one from a purely aesthetic point of view. The case is very flashy, which in my opinion is almost too flashy for regular league use (especially since most of the people I play darts with in league just use dollar store pencil cases).

Overall I am very impressed with this case. It is by no means a bargain at around $45 USD, but it is very well made and a very nice piece of kit. As previously stated it comes in a wide variety of colours for both the interior and exterior of the case. It looks the business and holds everything you could possibly need and more for day out of playing darts. I give it a 9/10!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Very nice review Matt!, the case looks very nice and packs a lot of storage in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Great review and a very nice looking case! good job
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 pm

cheers guys. i'll have to do some more when i get more darts stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Great review! +1 rep from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case   Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameo Opella US Basic Darts Case

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1