We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCompetitive improvement LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Competitive improvement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

Competitive improvement Empty
PostSubject: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:14 am

It’s been a little bit since we last communicated so I thought I would send you a quick note to let you know how things are going for me at the line.
Throwing in the online webcam dart league has gone a long way in dealing with my biggest issue, which was nerves at the line. Just playing more live matches against other people with a little more than pride on the line has certainly helped.
My pub league averages have been rising as well. I have climbed back into the number one spot in the league following 3 solid weeks of performances.
Two weeks ago (this is a cricket/501 league btw) I tossed a 3.5 mpr average for the night in cricket and a 32 ppd average in 501. This past week I improved to a 4.2 mpr average for the night while my 501 fell back a bit to probably around a 26-28….didn’t really notice what it was.
The big story of this last week is we played a team that had the two guys that knocked my partner and I out of the state cricket doubles tournament and they went on to take second (we took third). I only played one match against the two as a pair but I threw a 5.6 mpr for the game to effect a bit of revenge.
Also one of their teammates was doing all he could to get in my head and distract me while I was on the line, but the more he did it the better I threw. Which is somewhat of a change for me since I have had a history of losing focus in moments like that, but I think I have learned to use that as motivation to focus even more.
I have my team state dart tournament coming up in two weeks. I have a lot of confidence going into this one. A different sort of confidence than I had going into the tournament last month. I normally do well in the team events, probably because I know I have partners to lean on when I am struggling, however this year I don’t expect to do much struggling.
I also changed darts after the tournament last month. The darts I am using now are a set I picked up quite a while ago. They have a grip setup that gives me a more consistent handle on the darts, where as my last darts I was probably holding them at different spots each time I picked them up.
All in all things are certainly going in the right direction. I know I have a long ways to go, but I think I see the path much more clearly now.
Your confident student, Kevin
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Nice post George. Makes it all worth it doesn't it!
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Very good post indeed Smile Enjoyed reading that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 am

Great post George. I haven't reached quite that level yet but those that I play in league with have noticed a significant improvement in my game and confidence, which was my biggest crutch.

It's always good to see other people have positive growth from flight school.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 am

Nice post - out of interest as I don't play the US version of cricket, what does mpr mean?
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 am

Marks Per Round (MPR)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 am

Marks per round (throw). So if I hit s 20's first round and 4 19's the next my avg. would be 3.5 mpr
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:26 am

You take the total number of marks (valid cricket hits) you get, divide it by the number of darts thrown, then multiply by 3. This results in your MPR.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:41 am

Thanks for the explanations guys - that makes perfect sense now
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:09 am

My best game ever was 7 marks per round. Haven't done it before or since TBH. However it was done in league during a final playoff. Unfortunately our league doesn't keep track or reward this performance. Sad However I have that memory of that magic leg.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:18 am

Larry you must bring forth the magic leg! Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:38 am

Donkey wrote:
Larry you must bring forth the magic leg! Smile

I wish lol!
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Haha. Just take the pill:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive improvement   Competitive improvement Empty

Back to top Go down

Competitive improvement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1