We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesFirst competitive game in 8 years LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

First competitive game in 8 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dannyd180

dannyd180

First competitive game in 8 years Empty
PostSubject: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:59 am

Before I moved down to Essex I used to play superleague in Stockport and played at a pretty decent standard. When I moved I stopped playing darts competitively and pretty much stopped playing at all. Things moved on and I got married had a kid and darts was on the back burner. It was only a couple of years ago that I put a board up again and started playing at home. My game has suffered through changing darts etc, but I am now starting to play at an OK standard again.

Anyway, on the other darts forum that I visit, a guy posted that his team was looking for players, and by coincidence they are in my area, literally a stones throw away. I inquired, saying not at the moment but maybe next year (I'm buying a house at the moment and wont necessarily have time to commit as the house needs a lot of work and money). anyway he got back to me and asked me to play this year as and when I can.

This Thursday they are playing at a pub literally a two minute walk from my flat and I have agreed to go and hopefully play.

It will be strange playing for a team again, but I am looking forward to it, hopefully I can take my game with me. I played against n01 at level6 tonight after practicing doubles etc. I won 4-2, hit two 140s, 7 ton plus', numerous 83, 81, 85 etc and a highest checkout of 82. I just hope this will be enough if I get a game. The team are not doing that well in the league and are playing top of the league, so could be interesting. We shall see!!

I will let you know how it goes!!!
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 am

givem hell danny. im sure your old form will find you. clink glasses
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:15 am

Nice one Danny - good luck for Thursday. Are you going to use the new Target darts hahaha
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 am

mc1958 wrote:
Nice one Danny - good luck for Thursday. Are you going to use the new Target darts hahaha

Cheers! No I'll be using the Hankeys with condor flights. Just wish A180 woul hurry up and get them in stock as I'm afraid of damaging them. The guy that I bought them off is a pro and has it on good authority that they will be £5. Hope he's right!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am

good luck danny! Even if you don't get to bring your 'A' game remember to have some fun
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:14 am

Thats sounds great Danny, think its good that you are getting back into it too, so good luck and look forward to hearing how it goes! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 am

with them numbers you will do great for sure Danny!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 am

take no prisoners Danny- good luck
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:57 am

Just got to the pub. It's an away game and I'm here before the team that invited me along. The home team are here practicing. They look half decent. I'm just havin a pint at the moment. Only problem is I haven't met any of the team. Maybe I should have a carnation on my lapel lol. Really hope I get a game as I've psyched myself up for this. Will report back later!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:58 am

Good luck mate!!! Have a pint for me too please saucepot
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:01 am

Will do mac!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 am

go get 'em danny! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:14 pm

good luck, danny! don't forget to have fun!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Well first things first, I had fun and had a really good night. didn't go expecting anything, as I hadn't planned to join a team again unitl next year, in the hope that I get to a place where I am happy with my game and consistency again.

anway, I was picked to play in the triples (1 game of 601), the doubles (best of three 501), and the singles (best of three 401). this is not a format that I have ever played, as the leagues that I have played in before are just straight 501 (best of three). Anyway, I had a bit of a practice, but the home team hogged the board which made it difficult. Felt quite happy in that the first dart I threw landed smack bang in the centre of the T20.

This team has recently lost 3 good players and they have been replaced with mates of the team, and are not really darts players, but they have a go. In the triples, I was second up, and whilst I held my own in scoring, I didn't get the opportunity to throw for a double, and we lost.

In pairs, we had a good game, pretty decent scoring, doubles weren't great and we lost 2-1.

Then came my singles game, I was feeling pretty confident, but the only thing I didn't like was that the pub had the heating on full and it was ridiculously hot. We were all sweating, and were having to go outside to cool down. the problem for me was that I am playing with smooth barreled darts and my hands were so slippy that in between throws I was drying my hands with a hanky in my pocket. Anyway, first leg I won, he threw first but I out scored him and beat him to the double. I was left 27, just missed single 3 for D12, and landed in the 19 bed, but next dart went straight in the middle of D4. Now my confidence was high. But it soon went down as I lost 2-1. I couldn't believe it, as I out scored my opponent, but couldn't hit a double and ended in the madhouse. Never mind, I just have to work on my doubles. Not normally a problem, but as I said, I hadn't planned to join a team again yet, and haven't played in that environment for a long time. I enjoyed myself and didn't beat myself up too much. I am a better player than I played last night, and I am confident that my game will come back. I held my own and if it hadn't been for my doubles would have won.

Onwards and upwards I say!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Bit crap they hogged the board before you started - it should be open board for 30 minutes or so before the game is due to start so everyone can get used to the board.

The main thing though is you enjoyed yourself which is always a good sign. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Best of luck for the season danny!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Too bad Danny but sounds like you made a good start all the same, as its your first time back I wouldn't worry to much and just look at it as the start of bigger things to come! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 am

probably had the heat up on purpose. you'll get there mate! keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 am

Definitely sounds like some home cooking on the pub conditions. They must not be too confident in their darts. Glad to read you enjoyed it despite the results. After all, that's the only thing most of us will every get out of darts. A few more matches and you'll feel like you're back in the saddle again. No doubt you're doubles will land when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First competitive game in 8 years   First competitive game in 8 years Empty

Back to top Go down

First competitive game in 8 years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1