We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesdouble trouble LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

double trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
quoit01

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: double trouble   double trouble EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm

any1 any tips of improving my finishing? im getting down to the double after 15 darts consistently but really struggling to hit the doubles when reaching the 1/4 and semi finals of tourney's. I can hit them ok in practise. Totally miffed!!!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:55 pm

By the sounds of it it's not your finishing that's the problem if you are reaching the quarters or semis, it just sounds like good old nerves stepping in when you can see the trophy in your hands. Stop thinking about the trophy and treat every round as though it is the first round.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Welcome to the forum mate! welcome

I was thinking the same thing, you have the skill to do it but the added pressure of reaching the next stage is obviously affecting you.

I think repeated experience under those conditions should help you to build your confidence.

You really need to try and relax and focus at that point and just do your best to block out thoughts of what is happening and just nail that double!

Easier said than done, as with all things we handle pressure differently, but take a deep breath and relax and know that you can do it!

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

It is pressure! The only way to practice is to get into more quarters and finals...practice on our own will not help you with this issue. You need to be put under pressure. I'm trying to think of how you can simulate that pressure.....perhaps give your self 3 darts at d16 and if you miss it with three......give a tender to charity!!!!! Bit of pressure on there...especially on last dart. You would need to follow through on the payment though!!!! That way it is pressure....think of it of paying £10 for a lesson....just a thought bud
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Welcome mate,
I'm doing a routine that is helping me. I shoot dbl 20,10,5,16,8,4 x 5.
Example you have three darts at the double 20, if you hit it say 2nd dart then move on to dbl 10 with last dart if miss you still have 3 darts at the 10, if you miss all three move on to your next number and so on and so forth. You must hit each double a total of 5 times to finish the routine. Its working for me. Also flight school may be the way to go mate. Its free and link at bottom of me page.
Back to top Go down
quoit01

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: cheers for the replies,    double trouble EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 am

getagrip wrote:
Welcome to the forum mate! welcome

I was thinking the same thing, you have the skill to do it but the added pressure of reaching the next stage is obviously affecting you.

I think repeated experience under those conditions should help you to build your confidence.

You really need to try and relax and focus at that point and just do your best to block out thoughts of what is happening and just nail that double!

Easier said than done, as with all things we handle pressure differently, but take a deep breath and relax and know that you can do it!

Good Luck
thanks all, its just frustrating when the scoring is so good and i cant finish it off, il take it all on board and let yous know when the first tourney is won....lol
lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Good Luck and hope its soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

double trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: double trouble   double trouble Empty