We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDouble Double Checkouts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Double Double Checkouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bigshow

Bigshow

Double Double Checkouts Empty
PostSubject: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:53 pm

What is your opinion on double double c/o`s?

Personally I think they should be for exhibitions or friendly games.

I hear people make the argument that 80 should be finished by going for two double tops and more increasingly 76 as D18 and D20. They talk about the size of the surface scoring area being larger therefore they have a much higher percentage of hitting the target.

Recently we have seen pro`s like Lewis, Wade and Jenkins trying this method more and more but their success rate isn`t very good when they try it. I`ve seen Lewis in particular missing the scoring area with the first dart and then chucking the second dart and missing the scoring area as well.

I can`t understand why people opt for a double double c/o when the chances of scoring zero, nil, nada, nought, nothing are heavily increased if you are just half a cm high.

Some make a counter argument that you aim low but I think that your taking the mickey. The scoring surface height is 1 cm and you then want to reduce that size by aiming at the bottom half cm.

Anyways what do the dartoholics on here think?
Back to top Go down
maverick

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 am

Ok on 80 i would sometimes go double double and make a concious effort not to miss high the same as i would if going for double 2 , That said tops has become my double of choice and that particular choice would also be down to where my opposition were , If there too close i would go t20 d10
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:36 am

i don't go for double double checkouts but i did do it to my buddy last week at a blind draw. had 80 left and i shot high with my first dart and it went smack dab in the middle of the D20, so i figured i'd do it again. he didn't believe me that it was just luck though haha.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:21 am

Maybe it depends on the match situation on whether its worth the risk or not, but I think in general its probably better to take the less risky option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:28 am

I only do it when necessary - when I miss the treb on my first dart
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 am

In my game on Thursday I checked ou 32 with 2 D8s. That was however because my first dart at D16 was high, followed it up though so couldn't really complain!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:54 am

I use the double, double finish on a few outshots.

With 137 I go 19's hoping for the tops, tops finish.

134 I go 18's, trying to leave 80.

131 I go 17's trying to do the same.

In all reality the chances of taking any of those out is slim.

Even for a PDC pro.

With a straight 80 left I go at the triple 20. Great if I hit it. If not another single leaves 40.

But I agree, there is always the risk of throwing high and missing.

Which is nothing less then disastrous. You are giving up a dart. No good.

For the pro player I think these outshots attempts make sense.

For an intermediate or little bit better player, maybe stick to the "regular" outs.

Just please, please don't go 16's with 80 left.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 am

In league this year I did double top to win and I see no reason not too really.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 am

SilverSaber wrote:

Well the reason not to in my argument was that if your half a cm high ( with is roughly this big ----> '''''' ) Then you will score zero, nil, nada, zilch, nowt, none, jack sh*$, diddly squat, void. Whereas aiming at T20 and hitting the single scores.

If I was on 100 and hit single 20 and completely blocked the T20 then I would go T16 in the knowledge that I will score even if I`m a few mm out.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:46 am

I don't go for double D20 on 80 left - mainly because I have enough trouble hitting one of them lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:37 am

Bigshow wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

Well the reason not to in my argument was that if your half a cm high ( with is roughly this big ----> '''''' ) Then you will score zero, nil, nada, zilch, nowt, none, jack sh*$, diddly squat, void. Whereas aiming at T20 and hitting the single scores.

If I was on 100 and hit single 20 and completely blocked the T20 then I would go T16 in the knowledge that I will score even if I`m a few mm out.

Got to be careful going for 16's with 2 darts left. Hit a single and you still need a triple with the next dart to have a clean look on your next turn.

I remember Steve Beaton did that at the Matchplay recently and the announcers really ripped on him for doing it.

Going 16's with 2 or 3 darts in hand from 80 is a horrible option IF (big if) you intend to get another shot at an out.

But hey, that's just my opinion. And until I see the guys on tv doing it, which they don't, I'll stick to 20's.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 am

Depends how I feel.... I've been known to try for three doubles in practice matches, just to noise up my buddies. It is all in good fun and fun is what it Is all about
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:40 am

If on a particular night you're feeling like you can't miss the double, then go for it, but most of the time the chance of success is too slim to risk the chance of disaster. The percentages just aren't in your favor. I would venture to say even the best at checking out, miss double with more darts than they hit with. This debate seems to have the makings of an interesting weekly challenge experiment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Double Checkouts   Double Double Checkouts Empty

Back to top Go down

Double Double Checkouts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1