We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesA tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany Empty
PostSubject: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 am

What great news, we have a Flight Schooler who is in the top 1% of his dart league – now that is an accomplishment worthy of a tilt (that’s a toast) so I’m going to post about this on the Darts Nutz.com site and invite all the Flight Schoolers to join in.

greetings from Turkey
Dear George,
It's been a while since i last mailed you.
I've been reading the articles in your book over and over, especially the ones regarding to mental/(or as you state emotional side) of the game trying to remind myself how to keep my concentration as full as possible.
I know -theoretically how to manage and handle them, but practically i can't manage that much. Every league game i play, any tournament i attend to is an opportunity for me to put all those theoretical knowledge into action. One week i perform well, but i can't keep it up the next week; although i fail to progress, any mistake, anything wrong that i make i learn from them and try not to repeat again. As you say, it will happen; so i'm in no hurry, i'm practising, progressing in my routines pretty well, and simply try to enjoy the game and have the upmost fun i can have.

You told me before, and i couldn't agree more that i'm not trying to compete with myself; neither was i keeping statistics of my performance before. All the way along, i simply started by saying to myself "i'll finish this routine, and will feel better afterwards that i accomplished that". But when i realized this statistics, i was like "OMG! all this time i was practising this routine and just look at what i just did!" It was something like i've never been aware of before. I never knew that after all those weeks/months of practising my game improved this much. I put the darts in my case, ordered a beer and drank to congratulate myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had this saying of yours on my mind all night long "Don't make it happen, let it happen; and enjoy the journey". And, oh George, that night i was REALLY enjoying this journey that you let me in. Thank you very, very much!

PS: i'm currently ranked 5th among 698 cricket players in my division. Just wanted to let you know of this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 am

Fantastic reading George, I have just began the journey, plugging away at A1, focusing on my throw and release, trying to group the darts in any given target and can say by just concentrating on this one drill, hitting 2 darts in the big 20 - 13 bed I feel more and more confident every time I complete the exercise. I am not quite there yet but steadily seeing signs of improvement.

I hope to, one day in the future be able to emulate the chap above, and I can see by reading and listening to your advice, that is very easy to follow and take in, I can have the confidence to progress by enjoying the game rather than let it get me down when the darts are not going well.

So another big thanks to you George, this time from myself, clink glasses

Regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 am

Yep that good stuff George thanks for the post. Always nice to hear someone progressing like that.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 am

Thats great!

He is doing very well which goes to prove whats achievable :cheers:

I like that he is from Turkey too, and goes to show darts is popular in so many countries now!

The routines do work and I have improved a bit myself, missing much more consistently now LOL!

Seriously though I have spells were I seem to hit everything and then I just miss by a small margin. Never happened like that before, it was usually miss by a long way and just hit a few now and then. dancing carrot

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 am

getagrip wrote:

Seriously though I have spells were I seem to hit everything and then I just miss by a small margin. Never happened like that before, it was usually miss by a long way and just hit a few now and then. dancing carrot

Exactly the same here Grip, I used to miss the targets by a full bed at times, now when I am missing it's by millimeters, which goes a long way to improving confidence.
When you aim T20 and hit the 12 or 18 bed you feel like giving up, however now I seem to be grouping and hitting T1 or T5 instead of the 12/18, lots of darts within an inch or so of T20 (plenty in the lipstick too!) and it definately raises confidence knowing your so close to where you want to be.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:27 am

Rebel wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Exactly the same here Grip, I used to miss the targets by a full bed at times, now when I am missing it's by millimeters, which goes a long way to improving confidence.
When you aim T20 and hit the 12 or 18 bed you feel like giving up, however now I seem to be grouping and hitting T1 or T5 instead of the 12/18, lots of darts within an inch or so of T20 (plenty in the lipstick too!) and it definately raises confidence knowing your so close to where you want to be.

Thats very true Rebel! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 am

For those of us needing help (all of us ? ) Flight School is the way to go IMO.
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Rebel wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Seriously though I have spells were I seem to hit everything and then I just miss by a small margin. Never happened like that before, it was usually miss by a long way and just hit a few now and then. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And isn't it just great how you can now roll your eyes at some competitor who scores 94 (with a T18 and two S20) while you play a great group and get 38 (with T5,T1 and S20)?

affraid Get better and score less [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Be patient, yours will turn into T40 while his will stay at 94. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:40 am

George Silberzahn wrote:
Rebel wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Seriously though I have spells were I seem to hit everything and then I just miss by a small margin. Never happened like that before, it was usually miss by a long way and just hit a few now and then. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And isn't it just great how you can now roll your eyes at some competitor who scores 94 (with a T18 and two S20) while you play a great group and get 38 (with T5,T1 and S20)?

affraid Get better and score less [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Be patient, yours will turn into T40 while his will stay at 94. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Been there done that lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany   A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany Empty

Back to top Go down

A tilt to a Flight Schooler's epiphany

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1