We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesFlight Schoolers competition LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Flight Schoolers competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

Flight Schoolers competition Empty
PostSubject: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 pm

I've heard from many Flight Schoolers who are looking for competition because they don't have people to play against where they live. There is one in particular named Nicklas who has played Rebel through this website and that brought this thought to me.

Shocked What do you administrators think of having a competition section on here for Flight Schoolers? Would that be a good thing?

I'm not a strong proponent of on-line games, but, since there are those who just can't get the real thing, maybe this simulation would provide some way to test Flight Schoolers against other Flight Schoolers. Might Skype be something to consider?

Just a thought about how maybe to continue improving Flight School.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Will look into it George,
off for the weekend to Savannah for a bit of a holiday. Am Sure Grip and Mac will look into it.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm

+1 Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 am

It sounds a good idea to me, after all I have never played in a real comp or against anyone other than my dog, and he is too good for me. Nah seriously I really enjoyed the 2 games I have had so far with Donkey and Fox in the chat box and although I know its not the same as face to face competition it was still exciting enough and I still had hand shake when on a finish, I dont care that they both beat me 4 - 0 it was a lot of fun.

As for an alternative method Skype would work well, there is also one of the darts programs, I think its darts pro, that also has a built in feature for this, but I think it will be good for Flight Schoolers who need some competitive action. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 am

dartpro has the feature and many use webcam with it...never tried it but heard it can be a bit tricky doing the remote thing. theres a thread on d16 regarding how to backdoor it.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:49 am

Hey! George!

I'm Nicklas. I really think that online darts could be someting.

The games we have played have been over the "chat box" on this site.

Im not an admin but I see myself as one (sometimes) Smile

A section for F-schoolers that would like to try their skills with others would be simple.. The hard thing would be figuring out what program to use.. you have dartpro, skype and msn.. should it be with cam or not? not everyone has a cam.

It would be really great to have a section on here.. there are other ways and programs that ppl could play eachother like "Winmau Live!" on Iphone.. but still you need to have a place to meet them and talk to eachothers.. And this site could be it.. Just a simple section where ppl could tell what sort of program they could play over and decide a date and time and just fekkin play!

Damn.. I wanna play someone now! ;)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 am

already have the singles league and i've told many if you want a game outside of that just shoot the member a pm. can use whatever program you guys want to
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 am

Well.. A small section where ppl can add their programs and times etc. would be alot easier..
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:07 am

Like the competition section? Feel free to start a thread, if it gets going we can always make a subsection or sticky it
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 pm

I think whatever is the simplest method is best, if people want to decide amongst themselves then that will be fine too. Maybe Skype would be the easiest though?
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 am

There is a singles league being done here so let me suggest something for Flight School match play, if there is to be one, which would be different from the Singles thing and which can be run without interferring with the Singles thing.

I've seen "King of the Hill" things which seem to work pretty well but have not seen it done on-line so someone with experience doing things like this needs to be involved. It is an ongoing kind of thing which is used for "practice," and it works like this:

Any one interested in playing signs up and their name goes to the bottom of the list.

The name at the top of the list and the name second on the list contact each other, schedule a match and get it played. They are required to play the match within some time frame. A week, maybe? They play the match, first to win five legs, according to what ever method, day,and time, they both have available and don't really need a score taker. The results are reported back.

The winner stays at the top of the list, the loser goes to the bottom of the list. Then the new top two go at it.

Anyone can join at any time, or quit at any time.

An administrator is required to record results and change the list

If need be there can be more than one list. A list for A1/A2 people, a list for A3 people and a list for A4 people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 am

That sounds like an easy way to do it George, what about it then Donkey? do you want to have a go at running it? Will help with it if you need it though.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Looks simple and fun. Hmm. I still dont have my real internet but when I have I'd like to give it a shot:).
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 am

Donkey wrote:
Looks simple and fun. Hmm. I still dont have my real internet but when I have I'd like to give it a shot:).

Thanks Donkey, we will get something sorted soon then, I like Georges idea of the King of the Hill and think that will work well and be easy enough to to administrate, should we have it open to all or are we just letting it run for Flight Schoolers?
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Well. It would be some work to have to check who's a flightschooler or not. I guess George will tell his "army" who would like to test their skills and if someone joins thats not a member in FS then thats no biggy and they might even join FS after what they see on this forum.

Ot. I might not have my "real" internet next week either but now I have borrowed this mobile internet and it works pretty good, so I/we could come up with some suggestions and see how we will do it.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm

We are in the process of sorting something Donkey, we just need to test something we have in mind first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight Schoolers competition   Flight Schoolers competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Flight Schoolers competition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1