We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSo what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

So what points do you prefer !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:15 pm

I have the diamond points fitted. They do wreck the board but it makes it look like im red hot on the 20's :-)

Rands darts look like soft tip because they have a bump at the back of the point. I don't know if that's a trident but shouldn't perfect storms be flush?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Just normal black points are fine for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
The Unicorn guys may not be allowed to use another manufacturers gear. That could be why.

Ding! Based on my experience, this is most likely the correct answer.

As a paid sponsored player, you're not going to use a competing company's products during competition. That would be disrespectful to your sponsor and it is likely in breach of your contract.

Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 am

getagrip wrote:

The PDC use to mandate silver points. No black points allowed. The reasoning was that the silver points were easier to see when stuck into the board.

I noticed several of the players using black points. I think Gary Anderson was one of them. I wonder if the PDC requirements have changed or if they're just not enforcing this rule at this time.

Black (anodized?) points seem to always stick well in a board. On the black points that I've used, they seemed to have a metal coating finish that helped them grip the board better.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 am

Black points are typically Teflon coated and they do stick better than silver ones. I have storm points on some of my darts, and the black storms stick better than the silver ones for me
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:08 am

Yes, teflon coated. The coating seems to add grip.

I used to use the long silver Hypo points from Atlanta Darts. I've switched to the Pecker Points now, which are basically the same style point.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:10 am

habanerojooz wrote:
getagrip wrote:

The PDC use to mandate silver points. No black points allowed. The reasoning was that the silver points were easier to see when stuck into the board.

I noticed several of the players using black points. I think Gary Anderson was one of them. I wonder if the PDC requirements have changed or if they're just not enforcing this rule at this time.

Black (anodized?) points seem to always stick well in a board. On the black points that I've used, they seemed to have a metal coating finish that helped them grip the board better.

I noticed that too and thought the same when I seen it.

Unicorn darts had black points originally, they were asked to change them when they first started to broadcast darts on TV, and used silver ever since, but was surprised to see GAnderson using Black points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 am

habanerojooz wrote:

I used to use the long silver Hypo points from Atlanta Darts. I've switched to the Pecker Points now, which are basically the same style point.

Yea haven't seen any hypo points since Jim from Atlanta darts has been gone
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am

spat66 wrote:
habanerojooz wrote:

Yea haven't seen any hypo points since Jim from Atlanta darts has been gone

Rob and Eddie continued to stock the long Hypos after Jim. I haven't seen the shop in awhile since it switched over to Jokerman Darts. Alan Matthews from The Dart Guys used to stock the long Hypos. I saw Alan earlier this year and he said that he can't get the Hypo points anymore. I think he said that they're no longer available. Alan now stocks the Pecker Points. I now have several sets of PPs and they seem to be the same as the long Hypo points. FYI in case you are looking for Hypo replacements.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 am

Eddie is not with jokerman anymore. I had a buddy wanting some hypos a while back and couldn't find any, I will have to see if he still wants some. Jokerman just isn't the same as Atlanta Darts, Steve is a good guy though
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 pm

I myself prefer the storm points Smile I havent tried the smooth ones yet, but with the gripper storms there is nothing to complain about Smile

Of course they are bit more expensive then plain silver or black points, but they make up the costs by staying perfect all the time Smile and you get less deflections and spare your flights Smile
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
The Unicorn guys may not be allowed to use another manufacturers gear. That could be why.

I just prefer a nice long standard type point.

How come Wes Newton has Diamond Points in his darts?
As Unicorn don't make any diamond points to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 am

I use a slightly longer point, but that one is too long for me. I like for my points to extend at least 30mm past the barrel. Anything longer than 34mm is too long for me.

A short point places the barrel closer to the face of the board. When the barrel is that close to the face of the board, the barrel covers part of the target. A longer point will suspend the barrel further away from the face of the board, which opens up the target a little bit.

Each dart is slightly different....you will lose 5mm to 8mm of length once a point is installed in a barrel.
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 am

Smiling Assassin wrote:
Jimbo21 wrote:

I just prefer a nice long standard type point.

How come Wes Newton has Diamond Points in his darts?
As Unicorn don't make any diamond points to my knowledge.

Who makes the Diamond Points?

If the diamond point maker is not a major barrel manufacturer, there is less of a conflict for Unicorn.

But having a Unicorn sponsored player....using an exclusive and unique Target Storm point during televised competition...on a Unicorn dart......I can see how that could be frowned upon by the Unicorn management team.

I recall that the question was asked why more pros aren't using the Target Storm tips.
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 am

All a pro would have to do is ask their sponser to get me this or make me that, imho that is ...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So what points do you prefer !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2