We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSo what points do you prefer ! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

So what points do you prefer !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

So what points do you prefer ! Empty
PostSubject: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I use and like the 35mm board grippers. I have change to storm points

Last edited by SilverSaber on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I really am happy with just standard black points, they look naff when the coating wears off but before that they stick well enough for me.

I do like the smooth black storm points too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 pm

A180 gold points - although they looked crap on my natural coloured customs when I tried them on those lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Ive got a set of kongs coming with those fitted , Will be interesting to see what they are like Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 am

Those Target Diamond points are not too bad but a bit overly grippy when they are new. I struggled to pull them out the board sometimes and was worried I was damaging it!
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

getagrip wrote:
I really am happy with just standard black points, they look naff when the coating wears off but before that they stick well enough for me.

I do like the smooth black storm points too.

smooth storm points look really good. might try place them on one of my sets.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm

I am loving my Storm gripper points, they not only look great but feel great on the finger when I am throwing, plus my bounce out rate has dropped (maybe nothing to do with the points but they can't be doing any harm).

I also liked the diamond points, although like grip says, they are like glue first few days throwing.

The gold A180 points are also a fine point, I would definately give them 10/10 too. Very similar to the black ones but look nicer for longer.

Had the Unicorn board gripper ones too and again, great points.

Even the knurled points are great for me, knurling sits nice on the fingers and also helps the darts stick fast in the board.

Guess I just love points, any shape or colour but I must admit, I prefer the shorter points to the longer ones. The longer ones seem to stick in the board like hypodermic needles for me.
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I used to be dead nuts on Wool loom needle points from wool loom combs in New Zealand

When the wool stopped being produced in NZ for export the needles went as well, I then started using the same points as Simon (Whitlock) as we both had access to the same guy, he has stopped making them now.

So after much trial & error (even making them myself) I have settled for the CD Gripper MK11 42mm points. They are nearly the same as what Simon & I used except the grooves were in the middle, these grroves on the CD points are towards the back on the points
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm

I've become a Target smooth Storm convert as it does away with Tridents, always coming off, and along with Cosmo spinners I now only get bounce outs when hitting a wire. Much gentler on the flights as well with the point flowing to the seam of the barrel nose.

Started out using the black but went to the chrome as was having trouble seeing exactly where a dart was sticking and it disrupted my flow and rhythm having to go closer to check.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 pm

I have storm points on the Winstanleys I'm using now, they are nice and smooth, I like them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Wazza wrote:
I used to be dead nuts on Wool loom needle points from wool loom combs in New Zealand

When the wool stopped being produced in NZ for export the needles went as well, I then started using the same points as Simon (Whitlock) as we both had access to the same guy, he has stopped making them now.

So after much trial & error (even making them myself) I have settled for the CD Gripper MK11 42mm points. They are nearly the same as what Simon & I used except the grooves were in the middle, these grroves on the CD points are towards the back on the points
wow that is a long point mate.
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:00 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Wazza wrote:

wow that is a long point mate.

Ya, I missed that 42mm length when 1st reading that & trying to follow the post. Two advantages to that would be the grooved part wouldn't wear from entering the bristle, and you could sharpen them near forever lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:02 am

Target laser gold and Target storm gold
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Im all about the target storms right now, have a set fitted in each set of darts i own
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm

these look real interesting. Anyone ever use these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 am

hmmm, just a normal shaped point at the business end, so dont see the point really, lol!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 am

I am a huge fan of diamond points. However, the McCoys that I have come with a smooth point that is not only very sharp but has absolutely no problem grabbing a hold of the board. So, I don't actually use the diamond points lol!
Back to top Go down
ollie642

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:37 am

30mm Target storm grooved
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm

dvsdog wrote:
I've become a Target smooth Storm convert as it does away with Tridents, always coming off, and along with Cosmo spinners I now only get bounce outs when hitting a wire. Much gentler on the flights as well with the point flowing to the seam of the barrel nose.

Started out using the black but went to the chrome as was having trouble seeing exactly where a dart was sticking and it disrupted my flow and rhythm having to go closer to check.
Just fitted me Sabers with them and I must admit they look great and like u said no more tridents needed.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 am

Happy with the smooth 30mm storm points on my two sets of darts.

Question, are Target diamond points, board-wreckers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 am

Just started using Storm points. Have a new set of darts coming (today) that has 25mm plain Storm points. Makes me wonder why more pro's don't use them. confused

I love them. The money you save on damaged flights pays for the points right away.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 am

Absolutely no idea. The ones that came standard on my Barney Phantoms. Very Happy

Does the length really make a difference to how you throw? I've tinkered with everything else, maybe I should try different points...

Throwing VERY well right now so no complaints really, but hey, why not see if I can make it even better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

I use storm points all the time I started with the 30mm grooved then went to 26mm grooved and now I am back with 30mm smooth so had a bit of a trial with the sizes and grooves bit think they are a great point. To be honest I fit them to every set of darts I own which can be expensive for them to sit in the drawer with £6-00 points on not being used but at least they look pretty and they are ready to go as and when I fancy a change.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 am

Mmmm..... Let me think...... Sharp ones Lol cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 am

the_cutter wrote:

Question, are Target diamond points, board-wreckers?

Yep! Tried a set recently and needed a pry bar to get my darts out of the board........ and they took some of the board with them! lol! Back to the old faithful 26mm storms!
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

35mm silver or black. i am a boring bugger lol

i still think its weird that only 2 pros use the target storm points walsh, rand

you would of thought there other pros would use them
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:31 am

Im using target diamond points at the minute, really liking them

Grip the board nicely but dont rip your board to bits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 am

lion180 wrote:
35mm silver or black. i am a boring bugger lol

i still think its weird that only 2 pros use the target storm points walsh, rand

you would of thought there other pros would use them

I agree. Wonder what's the reason for that? A lot of regular players use them but seldom do you see a pro with them.

I've always been a firm believer to follow what they do... with the exception of dart weight.

You would think they would use them...
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

The Unicorn guys may not be allowed to use another manufacturers gear. That could be why.

I just prefer a nice long standard type point.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Just put some 32mm Target Pro Play Diamond Steel Points in my Elven darts a couple of weeks ago. Really like them as they stick in the board well, and come out easily when twisted/turned out when retrieving the darts from the board. If you just try to just pull the darts out, without twisting/turning the dart they do grip into the board tight, and will cause some damage.

They don't seem to do as much damage to the board as the knurled points I used to have in the darts. As I have noticed that the board doesn't need turning as often when using the Target Pro Play Diamond Steel Points.

I would like to know if Target Pro Play Diamond Steel Points only come in the 32mm points?
As wouldn't mine some longer ones, as the darts are going in nearly to the front of the barrel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what points do you prefer !   So what points do you prefer ! Empty

Back to top Go down

So what points do you prefer !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-