We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUsing 2 Boards to practice on? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Using 2 Boards to practice on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crazy Sheep

Crazy Sheep

Using 2 Boards to practice on? Empty
PostSubject: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 am

A few of my friends practice on 2 boards (one opposite the other), they say it helps get more throws in per hour but some say it it wreaks havoc when you get into a throwing routine that you cant use in competition.
What are your views on using 2 boards? I am thinking of giving it a go cos my room is just the right size to do this.
What are the pros and cons?
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
6/24/12 by markbrindza, on Flickr

I like to use several boards at once my self. Can't miss
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 pm

I cant see any advantage personally.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 pm

They only have one board at any real game so why practice on more.

Also it's not the quanity of throws during practice but the quality
Back to top Go down
Ryanc_00

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I have 2 boards. Only play on one when I practice which is a winmau champions choice!! Smaller doubles and triples! I recommend grabbing one!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 am

I have 4 boards set up, some time for a worm up I walk around in a circle and throw at eatch. I have set up different light on eatch board. As lighting is a small part of the game overlooked. Not one of the places I play have had any thing close to the same light as eatch other. Different shadows on the board. When I start a training I stick to one board. Just nice to have a choice.I also change the outer ring, all good training.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am

dartbord wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
6/24/12 by markbrindza, on Flickr

I like to use several boards at once my self. Can't miss
great collection....looks like the fair...get a bunch of balloons and stuffed animals for prizes
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm

That's only one wall. I have all four walls filled up. I also have four boards set up for instant play. Two brislte boards, one electronic and one wooden.
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Why? It ruins rythmn In the pub scenario you could be waiting a couple of mins for a throw on the practice boards, some say always take a few secs after retrieving your darts from the board to get into match mode.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:31 am

aww - I have 2 set ups- one on the porch for when nice weather- the other inside for when it isn't- throwing at 2 boards = NO
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:08 pm

i've thought about this. there's a big hidden advantage here. when you about face to throw back at the other board: the lightning, slope of the floor, how the board sits etc, are all different. the entire environment has changed. adapting to new environments quickly and successfully is paramount to winning.

throws per hour is negligible here. most of the time spent throwing is usually in preparing your stance and aiming.
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Cannot see it myself, even the motion of holding your darts. You will be holding and throwing six darts. It would throw me away off in my stance as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using 2 Boards to practice on?   Using 2 Boards to practice on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Using 2 Boards to practice on?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1