We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagessoft tip league? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

soft tip league?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vallyr

Vallyr

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 pm

So have my soft tip machine, got some good soft tip equipment(harrows fire + mint lip points), been practicing on my cougar machine alot. It is alot more fun than solo hours at the steel tip board I must say. Although I've been playing at steel tip distance just so I don't end up way off when I go back to steel tip now and again.

However, not knowing much about soft tip really I am curious what pro leagues exist and what I should be watching tv wise. I know there are american pro's out there like ray carver but no idea what league/leagues those folks play in nor the games they play. What kind of prize money/? Is it like the pdc's now or is it more like the bdo circa day 198x

Do they play 01' games or cricket or other? Are there rule variations I should be aware of? I turned the 50 single bull option off on my soft tip machine. Do the pro's play with it on or off? Etc..... etc......

Thanks for the info in advance!
Back to top Go down
nnj

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 pm

All pros participate in local leagues. For sanction requirements and practice. Outside of that its Travelling to local/state/ national events.

There's zero broadcasted on TV but some regionals and nationals are streamed on the Internet

National Tournaments:
Bullshooter- regionals (12 or so in different states) and nationals in Chicago
NDA- local leagues and nationals in Vegas
Dartslive- local super league, national super league in Vegas, world stage Vegas
Phoenix- so far only seen tournaments hosted in PA and NY

Best advice I have is join a local team/league and then look at how much you can travel. Unfortunately with USA being so big it gets costly

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
nnj

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh and every tournament has different rules regarding bull, outs, gameplay. Always gotta read those before traveling
Back to top Go down
nnj

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Prize money barely pays for your travel and hotel so don't expect to make too much money ;)
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

The World events can be watch live online. When it gets closer, just look for a thread with a link to the stream.

It is worth watching.

JD also posts links to the Japan pro events. They are worth a look also as they have different rules for their 01 game. Think they use split bull.

I think they both use master out which allows you to finish on a treble.
Back to top Go down
nnj

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 am

master out = treble/double/bull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

soft tip league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft tip league?   soft tip league? Empty

Back to top Go down

soft tip league?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1