We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTournament today LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Tournament today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Went to a local luck of the draw today. Everybody who's anybody showed up and we had about 50 players. This was an all cricket soft tip event. Best of 3, double elimination. We had state champions, Bullshooter pro singles winners, and a handful of other TOP players present. During warm ups I was on fire. Missed double 12 for a 9 darter, and was pounding the trebles. Other people were asking me if I EVER miss. That's about as good as it got because when the 1st match began nerves sunk in. Not really a big deal I thought. I'll get in rhythm quick and shake them off. Keep in mind, I played in the state championships back in April of last year after only playing darts for 40 days. Felt fine there. A few little jitters but experience kicked in and I over came them. I than played in a tournament in July. Won that singles event. That was the LAST time I've played a tournament!! 6 months ago. Anyway, nerves set in and for the life of me I couldn't shake them. Got completely bullied in our 1st match. Wasn't even close. Lost 2 straight.
After that match we were thrown over to the losers bracket but battled all day. Took out some big local names which was fun, but I still had those damn nerves kicking my butt. For the 1st time in a long time I shot terrible. The inconsistency was getting to me. 9 marks followed by 1 marks. I started out several game with a 1 mark Sad Never hit any sort of gear but battled through and made it to top 4. Partner stepped to the board needing 1 bull to win (25) but missed. In all fairness he shouldn't of even had a shot. I stepped to the board before that needing 3. Got 2. Other wise we would of made it to the last 3.

I don't expect to start out on top. Far from it. But there's a HUGE difference from shooting world class stuff at home and taking that game with you when I go out. It's all good though. The nerves let me know the desire is still there. Another tourney in 2 weeks though. Hopefully I'll work out the kinks and get myself ready for the Syracuse Open Pro event Feb 13th. Small steps.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

A damn fine result considering the nerves mate.

I find that all the time, throw 24 ave at home, but only manage a 20 or 21 in league.

I know we all seem to grow an extra leg when throwing at home, but keep going in those tournies and those nerves will ease.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm

It is a perfect example of how the mind can affect the body. Controlling the nerves must be a huge issue with a lot of pros who are great on the floor events but then fall apart in the big TV events.

I dont know what the answer is other than constantly putting yourself through the same experience and hope that you adapt to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Nucky

Nucky

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Well JD, with the darts we know you can hit (unless you have vbeen using trick photography lol on floor ), there is no doubt you have the talent and skill to go far in this game, so obviously you will overcome the nerves in due course. I really pity your competition when you do Very Happy

It sure would be nice to know how to shut off the nerves though wouldn't it? I mean, when you watch the world championships, match by match, even the pros suffer from it. It sure would be cool to have a switch in your brain that automatically kicks in and prevents it from making its way to your throwing hand when it matters. It would be neat to know how to talk yourself out of being nervous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
Hatrick

Hatrick

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Sounds like you still did pretty well even when playing not up to par so just imagine how it will be when you're back on form man!! I not 100% positive but it's very likely that I may be going to the Syracuse also so maybe we can meet up and have a few throws together..

Hat
Back to top Go down

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks guys. I'm just baffled at why the nerves kicked on. Back in April of last year I went into the state championships with zero expectations. I had only been playing for 40 days or so. But cruised through that with no problems at all. Felt comfortable.
Just weird that a local luck of the draw would kick up that many nerves for me. looking back on it now, I think i was just trying too hard. Many people were surprised to see me out and really wanted to see me throw well. So maybe a little bit of pressure on me there.
Another one is coming up in 2 weeks, so I'll have a go at that one. I'll get comfortable soon enough.

Hat, you going to Syracuse?
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Not positive JD but as of right now I am planning on it. Things change though so I wont know until it gets a little closer.

Hat
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am

Probably putting too much pressure on yourself because you know how well you've been playing on the practice board! Try the old Dutch Courage before the next event mate ;)
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 am

Goofy wrote:
Probably putting too much pressure on yourself because you know how well you've been playing on the practice board! Try the old Dutch Courage before the next event mate ;)

What's that?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 am

A drink, usually an alcoholic beverage of your choice. Something to calm you down.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

How did you get on JD?
Back to top Go down

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
A drink, usually an alcoholic beverage of your choice. Something to calm you down.

I thought it was. I don't drink, so that doesn't help. Just more tourney's will help. Quite a few coming up so order will be restored. Got to remind the new guys what's really up. Smile

Skyblueadam wrote:
How did you get on JD?

Didn't shoot great Saturday. But that's okay. Can't start out at the top anyway. Small steps...
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 am

Got to start somewhere :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament today   Tournament today Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1