We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesThink How Much You Spend !! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Think How Much You Spend !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Think How Much You Spend !! Empty
PostSubject: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Just Placed my order with Elven Darts for my Lion Phase 2 darts lol a late xmas present for the wife these darts i intend on sticking with as they are what i really want ( the pipes i had made were just a crazy idea i had lol .

But got me thinking all the money i have spent and i am not the only one alot of players do seeing a dart on the tv and buying i thinking it will help your game Sad !!. Problem is most of these darts you see on the tv are not the same darts we buy out of the packet.

My thinking is the darts i have had Made are what i want the right weight lenght , width ect so i am going to stick with them as they are what i want.

My advice to all of you on here is stop filling the pockets of these big brand dart shops get an idea and pitch it to elven as you will get a great dart which has not been mass produced in china or where ever and stick with a set.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 pm

But its fun....lol
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Its my sport, and if you think about it,its cheep. Not alot of body contact, easy recovery time between matches. Biggest promblem is having a drink wile playing. Not to many sports like darts. Not a big layout for a sport. I could start smoking, that would be the biggest waste. Works out about 6 pkts of 20s for a set of darts.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 pm

My "Elven Juggernauts" should be arriving either today or tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 pm

I have a set of brass darts that I've been thinking about getting made for a long time, I might yet - what you say makes sense Lion but I have seen a lot of customs in the for sale/swap sections of sites like this one. Having a set made to your own specifications makes a lot of sense if you know exactly what you want - no more buying or selling so ultimately you won't be spending any more money.

Its one thing for average folks like us to be spending our hard earned cash, but there is another end of the spectrum. I think of photos someone had on here of Peter Manley's darts - if I'm not mistaken, one barrel was different than the other two (also pretty battered).

What is worse - being an online dart addict - buying/selling swapping etc, etc? Or having the unlimited resources of an international company such as Unicorn at your fingertips who could make any barrel you desire, yet use a set of darts that were in the Boer War? lol on floor
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am

Since I got the Carreras back in October I've not actually bought myself any new darts, just older ones for the collection - and I can't honestly see myself buying any more new darts this year apart from maybe a set of Carrera/Monster Ogre hybrid customs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 am

thats it guys i think the worst thing is its cheap so the odd set here and there dont matter. I just thought i am trying all these darts which are so similar that got the pad out and drew up a set which i think is perfect for me and eddie is making them as we speak Smile

best thing is my last set of spare darts have now gone and i am commited to the customs as there is not many other darts out there to try lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:21 am

So... when are your Elven's going to be for sale?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 am

nope there comes a time when you have to stop all the swapping and switching and settle down on a set for me it starts now as i am going to Qschool in Jan 2014 so the hard work starts now practice practice comp practice comp practice lol
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 am

It's funny. I was in a darts shop in Enfield today. It is a great shop and stocks all the leading brands. The owner was telling me that he has now been in touch wis Masterdarts to start stocking their darts as he has been inundated with requests for MVG darts. Made me laugh really!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 am

I daren't add up how much I have spent, I am still paying for it affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 pm

I buy a new set on average every 2 - 3 years. I dont go for player models. I go to my local dart shop and try some sets before making my decision.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
I buy a new set on average every 2 - 3 years. I dont go for player models. I go to my local dart shop and try some sets before making my decision.
thats the way to do it. But around here no good shops!
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 am

Saber wrote:
But around here no good shops!

Ditto! I generally try to buy any ones i want second hand so that if i dont like them i can sell them on (or swap them) and keep the cost down Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 am

The title of this thread is How Much Do You Spend? I just added up my paypal purchases for last year and I think if there was a competition for who spent the most, I would be in the top 5 at least! I seriously need an intervention, no joking. It's time to stop the insanity, got to close my Paypal account for good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think How Much You Spend !!   Think How Much You Spend !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Think How Much You Spend !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1