We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWill Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't think so.

Heres something interesting: He is naturally left handed but throws his darts right handed. citation Wiki.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Saber wrote:
I don't think so.

Heres something interesting: He is naturally left handed but throws his darts right handed. citation Wiki.

Taylor is the same, a lefty that throws right handed.

With regards to RVB. I don't believe he has it in him to win another world title but I would love to see it. I have to admit that I was shocked that he won the grandslam. I think he played as well as he did because he wanted to show he is still the best dutch player. It was national pride perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

If Barney still going when Taylor retires then yeah, I think he could still do it.

Barney is beaten before he even gets on stage vs Taylor IMO which means that he will never win a title as long as he has a chance of meeting Taylor - he won the Grand Slam, brilliant, but Taylor was already gone, and he could well win the WC but as long as he don't meet the power on the way.

I love Barney and not especially a fan of Taylor but there is no denying, Taylor got into Barneys head a long time ago and as long as he is there you will never see the real Barney again, IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 pm

I fully agree with your opinion Rebel. I said it before, so I'll say it again. When RVB beat Taylor in the worlds 2007 I genuinely believed that Barney had it in him to be the new no.1 and maybe not dominate like Taylor but at least knock Taylor off his perch. Boy was I wrong, Taylor did what he had done his whole career and raised the bar. He accepted the challenge and overcome it. He ruined Barney. I think Barney would have 10 wc if it weren't for Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Red_Bull

Mr_Red_Bull

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:39 am

Not sure he has enough for another worlds certainly not on paper, but if there's some upsets and he gets on roll... who knows.

He's certainly good enough to win an individual game or two when it matters, so a lucky draw and maybe... just maybe.

I think back to Kirk Shepherd the rookie who, through a lot of luck, other players not performing and some amazing short spurts of great darts at right time nearly made it. Took John part consistency to finally end the dream. So certainly anything can happen given right circumstances.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 am

I think he has slowly got better again but still not quite where he used to be, if he can get that old form back on a consistent basis and increase his belief in his ability then yes he will win another.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 am

Based on his first round match in the worlds, it will take some quality to beat him. Sensational form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 am

Bigshow wrote:

Based on his first round match in the worlds, it will take some quality to beat him. Sensational form.

I loved how he was kind of rubbing it in a bit too.

Said he was watching on the tele and couldn't believe how others were shooting.

He was telling others that this is the world championships and you need to step it up a bit.

lol! Awesome!!!

Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 am

if he can keep that form, keep out of his own head and avoid taylor I think he has a good chance. Especially because there is a bit of a break between games because he seems to get tired when playing a few games in a day etc.

I would love to see him lift another one trohy
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am

JD wrote:
Bigshow wrote:

I loved how he was kind of rubbing it in a bit too.

Said he was watching on the tele and couldn't believe how others were shooting.

He was telling others that this is the world championships and you need to step it up a bit.

lol! Awesome!!!

Aye, it was great to see him with a bit of fire in the belly. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 am

yes he can on form he is the 2nd best player and has nerve of steal when he is playing good so now he was won a big title again he has the monkey of his back and can now play free again which for him is perfect.also he looks like he really wants it badly again which is a must.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 am

His wife being with him seems to really help the way he plays. She must slap him about if he shakes his head
slPPING
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:55 am

I would love for Barney to win again, I think it would be good for all if he was at his best all the way through, the fans like him and when he is on form I cant think of anyone better to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 am

having his wife back by his side has really helped him and gave him great encouragement i think he can win a few if he sticks with this set of darts and flight set up
Back to top Go down
griff10

griff10

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 am

no cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 am

I still think the old dog can bite. He showed that against MvG in the Grand Slam Of Darts. Smile And he showed that he can produce the goods now in the first round.
If he keeps believing in himself then I think he still got a shot at the worlds.

The last two years have shown that the Worlds are up for grabs for all players. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 am

I think he can if he keeps this form up

Im also the same, right handed but throw with left, must be something to do with the top players Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Yes he can! Personally i think this is the most open World Championship there's ever been, anyone from about 7 or 8 players has the ability and temperament to win it, Barney is certainly one of them! The fact that Lewis has won it the last two years with mediocre averages backs that theory up Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds   Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Raymond Van Barneveld win another Worlds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1