We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesThe Best Unicorn Darts ??  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

The Best Unicorn Darts ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Best Unicorn Darts ??  Empty
PostSubject: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 am

I have tried a lot of Unicorn Darts and i have come to the conclusion that the best set of darts they have ever made are the Phil Taylor Purists Phase 2s they just seem to be spot on the weight and fly great.

Can not be said for there flights, stems , and sometimes boards also must add the barney phase 1 and 2s also a good dart.

let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 am

I really like the sigma pro 970 -21 & 23g. Like my Wades too but your right the purists are hard to beat. Their flights and stems are pretty poor but I've never had one of their boards.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm

hate straight barrel. I think unicorn really shines on their slightly curved darts. aerodynamics ftw
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:45 pm

unicorn john lowe darts are the best.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Sigmas are nice
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 pm

i may be well of the mark but it seems the extra effort went into the taylor . sigmas , and hamilton darts !!
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 pm

The best unicorn darts are the ones that go were you think they should go and not were you throw them rebel smilie
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:05 am

The best darts unicorn have are these:

Anastasia Dobromyslova Golden WC
Taylor Purist
Sigma
And Barney WC.

But I think that Unicorn quality have deterred a bit..
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 am

Purist,Hammy's, Sigma, T-90's, Grippers.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Never had a set I liked
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 am

phase 5 rosso for me and the phase 2 & 3 purist grip and the John Lowe darts take some beating.
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 am

i much prefer unicorn over target every target dart i have tried is the same balance and has a smooth section 3/4th back for some reason.i have there punch and it has seized up when it is in a hot room 24/7 i have had the pro tour and it was terrible imo target are over priced.on the other hand i have had a few harrows stuff and for a company that is not meant to be the best has very good stuff.most dart company are charging way too much money imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 am

got to agree with eddie on target i am not a lover of there equipment it might sound strange but the balance in the darts just seems off to me!! but i like there flights and shirts

harrows , winmau , bulls make some superb darts imo

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

the poll says other wise
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:36 am

The 2 best sets of darts I have ever owned are my Beloved purists and my Carrera's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still believe that the Purist are the best darts ever made I just wish they came with a tapered nose.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

you said a mouth full there Kev. I would buy a set straight away. Target Sport Extremes same thing really. I want a slant nose period like me Rasta's look how beautiful they look.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Ginge180

Ginge180

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am

agree with eddie theres something odd imo about target darts where as unicorn or datadart the balance feels great
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Let's see now....I've owned:

Peter Manley - 22, 24, 26 grams
Barry Twomlow golden, 23 grams
Phil Taylor Purists 26 grams, Phase 5 and 6 - 26, 25 grams
Irina Armstrong - 23 grams
Paul Lim - 23 gram
John Lowe - 22 (silver and gold), 24 gram golden
James Wade - golden - 24 grams
Gripper II - 24 grams
Dum Dum - 25 grams

......and probably a few more that I can't remember Laughing I can say I hit a 180 in league play with the John Lowe's, so they would be my favorite. I always wanted to try the purists in a 24 gram though, maybe one day.

I won't compare the brand to any other as I don't think that was the intention of the original post and as I've only sampled a small portion of Unicorn's products, I can't say I am qualified to evaluate their products.

I guess the best Unicorn dart is the one that feels the best in your hand Very Happy

Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 pm

last couple weeks been playing with james craven golden shark grip style dart. Is incredible for a straight dart, so if you like those id recommend that
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree with Nucks " I guess the best Unicorn dart is the one that feels the best in your hand "
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Ginge180 wrote:
agree with eddie theres something odd imo about target darts where as unicorn or datadart the balance feels great

Not really noticed that myself, may depend on how you grip the darts.

I am becoming quite a fan of Shot/Puma darts too, and One80 darts are very good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

yep i agree grip the One80 and shot darts are superb
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

i am not saying target make rubbish darts all i am saying is i have had extreme oshea and lewis and the all seem cut for the same design balance and a smooth bit.now carrera look the same again and chizzy.i also had 25 gram black storm darts same as phase 5 style and there not even close to be as good as phase 5 i had a better copy from mccoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Question for big gun getting a purist modified to have a tappered nose how much weight is reduced in the dart ??
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 am

Around a gram. I also had an extra 2 grooves put in at the back of the barrel that took it to just over the gram but depending on the length of the taper I would say 1g mine are now 23g.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 am

nice one big gun
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 am

Gonna do a thread involving what I call a Quality control issue or manufacturing issue with Unicorn darts with pics. stay tune - Probably after the Worlds. And this will involved several of my sets of Unicorns!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:41 am

can we have a "Whats wrong with Larrys Brain" thread too?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 am

sure but I charge for that.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:37 am

I have just written a lengthy email to Unicorn, Well Edward Lowy himself at his request regarding mine and another lad who follows me on Twitter regarding their Quality issues so I will let you know the outcome when I get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Unicorn Darts ??    The Best Unicorn Darts ??  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Unicorn Darts ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next