We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn fluted darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn fluted darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Unicorn fluted darts Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 am

I managed to acquire a couple of sets of old Unicorn fluted darts yesterday which arrived today. I think are from the 50's but I've emailed Unicorn to confirm this as I'm not sure when they stopped using the bakelite boxes.

1 - no 316, close grooved square flute:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2 - no 318, waved square flute:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am

I thought you had won those Mike, was watching them but never bid on them. Very Happy good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 am

They were from that seller you don't like Darren. I don't know where he gets them from but he does have some good darts amongst some not so good. I also got a second set of Silver Comets from him. All three sets arrived this morning but I had to recharge the battery for the camera before I could take any pics lol.

Anyway I just checked my emails and I have just had a reply to my question from Mr Stanley Lowy, Frank Lowy's son, who can't be precise but believes they are from 1952/53 as they were introduced around that time. Also the boxes aren't bakelite like I thought but are a plastic that is of the formaldehyde urea family.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am

Well I used to trade with him a lot, but not anymore as he messed me and a few others about, he also shill bids a lot too, but gets away with it.

I did sell him lots of darts one time but there was a time when he was just outbidding everyone on listings but he could not pay them all so got a lot of bad feedback, he also has about 4 or 5 accounts which he uses to up the price on his sales.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 am

Got a link to his sellers page? Id like to see what he's got
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 am

The user is rwf1 Fox - here's one of his items - I used to use those rude flights occasionally lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Heavy-Tungsten-Darts-/200827928910?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Darts&hash=item2ec247014e
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 am

Gotcha, cheers mike Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Very nice, I prefer them with the superplume flights as opposed to the uniplume
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 pm

dam 40g darts on link they be like throwing a house brick with flights on them lol ilke the grip on them tho
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Buyers beware. You will eventually get burned. I used to deal with him also until he sold me a set of comets. When they arrived they clearly were not the same set I purchased. I will not do business with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn fluted darts   Unicorn fluted darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn fluted darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1