We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRepointed with Storm Points LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Repointed with Storm Points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_cutter

the_cutter

Repointed with Storm Points Empty
PostSubject: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Just bought a Robson Repointer last night which looked very similar to the Harrows and Designa versions, except with a different handle.

I had wanted to put storm points for my Phase 5 darts and do it myself so I don't blame anyone else for the outcome. After reading some insights and difficulties encountered, I knew I had to prepare well. I got a vise grip and pliers to make sure I get the leverage I need.

Surprisingly, I found that it's very easy to repoint a dart. The handle of the Robson repointer did its job well. In two out three darts, I used the vise grip for additional leverage, just to make sure. I didn't use the pliers. The storm points went flush into the darts.

Here's the result:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm

They came out great!!!

Lovely looking dart.

My good friend has a repointing tool. I'd like to have a go at it myself.
Back to top Go down
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Wow! They look great. Where did you get this Robson repointer?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm

looks the same as mine and they work very well
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Nice job there cutter. well done mate. Your darts look real slick now.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 pm

I have a Harrows repointer with the wingnut at the top - you definitely need some pliers or something with that one. The Robson one though looks a lot easier. And good job on the points as well.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Nice handle on that re-pointer, darts look good with those storms too good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repointed with Storm Points   Repointed with Storm Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Repointed with Storm Points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1