We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget storm points question LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target storm points question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

Target storm points question Empty
PostSubject: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 am

Hi guys
I recently got asked by a team mate to repoint his darts with storms. He elected for black 30mm smooth. His darts are actually shorter than the 30mm point, so after deliberation we decided to put a set of 26mms in. They fit fine. He then decided he didnt like the gold (the only 26mm's i had) so we went to put the 30mm's back in. Which is where we hit a wall, two of the points fit perfectly but the third doesn't sit flush and can acttually be turned in the barrel by hand. Anyone had this problem before?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:22 am

nope. try lock tite. a drop of that will do ya. They should go flush though. ya using a dart repointer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 am

Aye larry using the a180 pointer. Might just stick the 26mms on them and tell him to lump it. 30mm look stupid on such a small dart anyway.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:34 am

Thefox180 wrote:
30mm look stupid on such a small dart anyway.

So true.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am

I have had hit and miss results with storms, sometimes too tight, sometimes loose, sometimes perfect - for tight ones I pop the point end in a power drill and sand around the base (the bit you insert into the barrel) this normally takes enough off to allow a nice snug fit - for loose fitting ones I use cling film, just push the point through the cling film so you get the cling film between the point and the inside of the barrel, normally works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target storm points question   Target storm points question Empty

Back to top Go down

Target storm points question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1