We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPub / Club darts Teams LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Pub / Club darts Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pub / Club darts Teams Empty
PostSubject: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 am

Just wondering how many of us play for a pub or club ? If you dont play for either do you plan to in the future ?
Personally i play for the A team at my local , there a good bunch too ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 am

Ive played for pubs and Club teams in the distant past but not nowadays although i think being asked by a few that i shall wait until Summer league begins as just happy with practice in the room for now .. But who knows i may still go through and join this team although its a Monday night ?

But its good if you get along with the rest of the team and this helps you play your better Darts in the process

Meantime all the best with yer Darts m8 ..

Last edited by 3xBullseyesMe on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 am

just play at home, would like to play for a team though
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 am

getagrip wrote:
just play at home, would like to play for a team though

maybe you should play for a team also Darren as it can only help your game more so

plus it gets you used to the mixing with others in a team again and the banter which comes with it Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah I think it would be good, will ask about see if anyone is desparate enough to have me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:17 pm

My company has 4 teams in the London Insurance Offices Darts Association league - 2 in division 1 and 2 in division 2.

I currently play for one of the div 2 teams and we are mid-table, and at the moment I am top in the points averages, most tons and finishes - although that will most likely change by the end of the month as after tomorrow's match I'm not playing for a couple of weeks.

It's in our rules that if your company has 2 or more teams in the league then you can play up a maximum of 5 matches for the other teams. I've so far played 3 matches over the teams in division 1, and tonight I'm playing for the other team who currently lead division 2 and will get promoted unless a minor miracle happens.

This will give us 3 teams in division 1 and my current team in division 2 next season. Not sure which team yet as I've been asked by all 3, but next season I will be playing in division 1.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm

The Winter league above is 4 pairs per team playing 1 game of 501 against the other sides pairs. I also play in a Summer league in the City and I prefer the format for that slightly as I get to play a singles game each week. That one is

2 x fours - 701
4 x pairs - 601
8 x singles - 501
1 x eights - 1001 - this is a beer leg, losers by their opposite number a pint

This season starts around April time until September, and last season I played 7 matches and won all 7 singles games (including one against a county player) and also several of the other formats as well.

Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 am

getagrip wrote:
Yeah I think it would be good, will ask about see if anyone is desparate enough to have me! Laughing

lol! at ^^ But c'mon you need to have some belief in yersel as Darts also helps when you have that little bit of cockiness about you Smile

Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 am

mc1958 wrote:
The Winter league above is 4 pairs per team playing 1 game of 501 against the other sides pairs. I also play in a Summer league in the City and I prefer the format for that slightly as I get to play a singles game each week. That one is

2 x fours - 701
4 x pairs - 601
8 x singles - 501
1 x eights - 1001 - this is a beer leg, losers by their opposite number a pint

This season starts around April time until September, and last season I played 7 matches and won all 7 singles games (including one against a county player) and also several of the other formats as well.

That sounds cool ^^ and especially like where you can play 1 game 1001 and loser buys you a beer Very Happy

As sais before i only play for fun and on a Friday night at 501 dble start

and was asked if i ever played county darts
i told the guys no never, but i know the reasons as to why, but best not to say here

Also jocky wilson yrs ago also while practicing on board with just myself + him asked me if i played county darts
and i sais no never and he lifted his eyebrows as if to say well you should be then
but i kept such a thought to myself

Meantime as sais your league set up loooks good although i think id prefer playing for the one team
in a season personally ..im thinking playing in the summer league in Edinburgh this season
have been asked to play this winter but with Weather we sometimes get like recently in January the Forth Road Bridge

was closed because of the severe Gales and also was closed for same in Dec just past
so wouldnt have been able to get through to Edinburgh fae Fife here ..
Meantime still look forward to Fridays for the games of Darts in the Club Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 am

Hey grip , I heard this somewhere and its pretty true, Whats the difference between pub. county and pro dart players ?

Pub player hopes hes gonna hit the target
County Player Thinks its gonna hit the target
Pro knows its gonna hit the target

Moral is believe it will happen and you stand a far better chance of it happening !
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 am

Andy wrote:
Hey grip , I heard this somewhere and its pretty true, Whats the difference between pub. county and pro dart players ?

Pub player hopes hes gonna hit the target
County Player Thinks its gonna hit the target
Pro knows its gonna hit the target

Moral is believe it will happen and you stand a far better chance of it happening !

I like it Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:56 am

A like yer avatar Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 am

3xBullseyesMe wrote:
A like yer avatar Smile

Laughing Laughing Thanks so do I ;)
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 am

Sooooo Brrrraw ----> that avatar is likes WOWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:30 am

Hey weve never met grip ! This could be grip ! we only know what we know because thats what hes told us ! THIS COULD BE THE GRIPPER !
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 am

3xBullseyesMe wrote:

My sis she a real cummer, she likes lots of guys. just kidding hahahah
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 am

Andy wrote:
Hey weve never met grip ! This could be grip ! we only know what we know because thats what hes told us ! THIS COULD BE THE GRIPPER !

Could be????????
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 am

SilverSaber wrote:
3xBullseyesMe wrote:

My sis she a real cummer, she likes lots of guys. just kidding hahahah

Silver --> Very Happy at ^^ .. shes like a ray of sunny weather she is ..wouldnt mind her picking me up to take me home fae the darts

on a Friday night Whoaaaaah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

getagrip wrote:
Andy wrote:

Could be????????

Well if it is then am on ma way tae Middlesbrough the Morra as shes like ⭐ Very Happy

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 pm

3xBullseyesMe wrote:
getagrip wrote:
Andy wrote:

Could be????????

Well if it is then am on ma way tae Middlesbrough the Morra as shes like ⭐ Very Happy

LOL! saucy!
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:11 am

at the moment, i play in a singles league at my local legion. i live in a rural part of ontario that is a tourist trap in the summer so the population really swells and shrinks depending on the season. right now there are 20 players in our small league (10 B division players and 10 A division players). i started off in the B but got bumped to A division because one of the guys had to drop out for personal reasons. its a lot of fun and by the sounds of things the interest in the league is growing and next season they might be up to 30-40 players. there is a team league further south (about a 40 minute drive) but the calibre of play is not as high as in the A division i play in now. luckily for me, what my league lacks in numbers, it makes up for in experience/skill as most of the players in A division either play at the provincial/national level or have played at those levels before.

some nights i don't win many legs but its a great experience and i can already see much improvement in my averages and ability :pirat:
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
at the moment, i play in a singles league at my local legion. i live in a rural part of ontario that is a tourist trap in the summer so the population really swells and shrinks depending on the season. right now there are 20 players in our small league (10 B division players and 10 A division players). i started off in the B but got bumped to A division because one of the guys had to drop out for personal reasons. its a lot of fun and by the sounds of things the interest in the league is growing and next season they might be up to 30-40 players. there is a team league further south (about a 40 minute drive) but the calibre of play is not as high as in the A division i play in now. luckily for me, what my league lacks in numbers, it makes up for in experience/skill as most of the players in A division either play at the provincial/national level or have played at those levels before.

some nights i don't win many legs but its a great experience and i can already see much improvement in my averages and ability :pirat:

That sounds great really, may be small but sounds like some decent players there.
Back to top Go down
dave dart

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 am

I currently captain my local pub team.
We are top of the league at the moment ................

Hope we can keep it up..................
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 am

bump for the new members
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 am

He wasn't there last night but I played for dannyd180's team last night. I won't be able to make every Thursday - for example I can't play next week - but it will be good to have a constant evening during the week to play darts. There's only a couple of games left in the summer league, but I've put my name down for the winter league as well.

I'm assuming the winter format is the same as the summer one, but last night it was:

teams of 6 playing:
2 x triples - 601 - 1 leg
3 x pairs - 501 - best of 3
6 x singles - 401 - best of 3

Strange game for the singles at 401, but was good fun even though I lost my singles 2-1 and as a consequence we lost the match 7-6. If my last dart at the bull had been a half inch lower I would have checked out 130 and we would have won instead - but c'est la vie as they say in Rome.

My main league will still be the one I posted about above - I'm going to be playing for my company's A team in the winter and we are looking forward to regaining the title which they lost last year. If we do win it I reckon I will have the longest gap between title wins as I won the thing back in 1979 before I moved up to Norwich

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pub / Club darts Teams   Pub / Club darts Teams Empty

Back to top Go down

Pub / Club darts Teams

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1