We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesA challenge for teams LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

A challenge for teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

A challenge for teams Empty
PostSubject: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:03 pm

OK lads, as you might know I am on the committee of the Shetland darts association. Shetland for those who don't know is a beautiful island mid way between Scotland, Norway and faroe islands. We are 14 hours away by boat from Aberdeen.

We play lots of darts and are very friendly here. So the point of my post ......does anyone fancy bring a darts team, of at least six players to challenge us here in Shetland? If possible we could play agianst your team in your venue next year. If anyone famcies it pm me or post a reply. Our standard is generally good and we would show you round our islands perhaps playing in some smaller islands too, you chance to play darts in the most northerly part of the UK. Flights is usually the best way to get here, but a weekend of darts would be a possible.

Thoughts lads....and of course ladies as well

Happy to play overseas teams too
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

I'd definitely be up for this, not sure the rest of the team would be though
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 am

Ask them fox...don't need to be your team, perhaps a county select?? Cost of flights from Edinburgh is around £250 return.....we could see if we could get some volunteers to put you up here in Shetland to avoid the costs of hotels. No promises on that front though .....same for everyone else that might fancy it......perhaps a forum 6 could play??? Larry fancy a trip from the US? And also the Canadian lads you guys not fancy it, and the swedes too!!!!!!!! It could be Shetland versus the rest of the world !!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 am

Thats a great idea Andy, I'm sure there will be some who would love to visit the Shetlands, lets hope Fox's team decide to, I know Fox is a very good player so he should be a good challenge for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 am

County select eh? Hmm Could be fun, can I bring the Pdc lads? :P
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:13 am

Of course...there are 8 and Russ bray coming up in a few weeks and they've layer some locals before...and lost!!!! The pros love it here as they can walk the streets and nobody hassles them....well we only got one street anyway really!!!! Taylor been up here many times. And barney......see my previous post with him and my boy pictured...and Fitton too!!!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 am

Wish i could say i could bring the likes of barney and taylor. But 2 of the lads are ranked in the top 100! Prakash jiwa and Adam smith-neale. Josh Jones ranked just outside the top 100.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 am

Listen fox, we would have a great time here.....if you could get 6 or more we could certainly have a game...would be a great "trial" for you and your county ambitions.....warwickshire was it, sorry I forgot, Nuneaton though. Shetland versus Warwickshire selects sounds good to me mate. I'm noticing a lack of interest from the rest of the world though....so come on if you want to see a beautiful part of the world, some great darts venues and a really friendly welcome too.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 am

I'll definately give it some thought bov and mention it to the others, see what they reckon.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:15 am

Is the prize a crate of Bovs Special Brew?
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 am

Good idea grip.....free beer if you come at my house. You fancy it my friend?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:20 am

I would love some free beer, but my skill at darts is hopeless compared to you guys, but would be nice to see the Shetlands some day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:22 am

Ahh yes, I've heard all about Bovs special brew.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 am

beer drink
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:20 am

Grip...we will need a scorer if you feel your darts are not good enough....don't matter just fun anyway
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 am

I can be the drink fetcher!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for teams   A challenge for teams Empty

Back to top Go down

A challenge for teams

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1