We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNews Of The World Darts from member Shafted LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

News Of The World Darts from member Shafted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

News Of The World Darts from member Shafted Empty
PostSubject: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Neil sent me his pics to post for him, I thought I would put them in there own thread here, some great pics:

This is the single silver dart that I believe was sold to stuart, check this thread here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1997 Solid Silver darts:

News of The World Paper Flights:

1939 NOTW Darts:

House Champion Darts:

Certificate:

Last edited by getagrip on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Wow!! That's some history right there.

Thanks for sharing Neil. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Very nice collection
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Have added the certificate above too, thanks Neil! good job
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:11 am

Excellent photos, yep, thats mine at the top, a lovely collection neil
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:23 am

What sort of scores were people hitting with darts like these?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 am

Not sure David, but I do remember reading once that in a marathon match Joe Hitchock's average over 1001 or whatever it was, was in the 90+ bracket, I cant remember where I read it but they were mostly throwing from 9 feet then, but I think the News Of The World Comp was at 8 feet Oche.

I think Patrick will have the answer about the averages and confirm it for sure.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 am

That's right getagrip, The N.O.T.W was an eight foot oche, plus many of the photos iv'e seen of them playing in this era they all seem to be throwing in a full restrictive suit, cant of helped matters.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:26 am

yeah the wearing of suits seems crazy really, guess they looked respectable though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 am

I would just like to add not knowing the winner of the 97 silver set is quite frustrating, with it being so recent. and with them being issued to a national finalist, the recipient of these would have played on TV on Sky Sports.

I believe there to have been 16 male finalist, who would of received a set, I only know who 4 of them were. Phil Taylor who defeated Ian White in the final receiving a gold set of darts as well. Martin Adams, semi finalist, and Andy Jenkins quarter finalist.

Maybe fellow members can name other finalist on the day?

Another query relating to the 97 final is I have quite an extensive collection of N.O.T.W programmes, yet have never seen one from 97 anywhere. Previous to 97 there had been a 7 year gap the prior finals being in 1990, and 97 sadly being the last year. I would expect this to be the most common programme coming up on eBay etc. Did they not do a 97 programme? Am I searching for something that doesn't exist? Again maybe fellow members can help me with this?

Just seen your previous post getagrip must have posted it as I was typing this..... well you might of thrown crap... but at least you looked smart. Lol
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 am

Here you go shafted - hope this helps:

Last 32
Julian Bullock 2 V 0 Anthony Ridler
Phil Taylor 2 V 1 Shayne Burgess
Thomas O Connor 2 V 1 Kieran Lennon
Brian Derbyshire 2 V 0 Larry Amner
Nigel Justice 2 V 0 Sergio Bongiovanni
Martin Adams 2 V 1 Steve Maish
Mike Dwyer 2 V 1 Jim Brawley
Dave Solly 2 V 0 Dean Allsop
John Dye 2 V 1 Simon Laws
Andy Jenkins 2 V 0 Paul Knighton
Colin Fowler 2 V 1 Mark Robinson
Chris Thompson 2 V 1 Colin Monk
Peter Manley 2 V 1 Mark Pooke
Chris Whiting 2 V 1 Mike Veitch
Gary Spedding 2 V 0 Gary Johnson
Ian White 2 V 1 Des Byrne

Last 16
Phil Taylor 2 V 1 Julian Bullock
Thomas O Connor 2 V 0 Brian Derbyshire
Martin Adams 2 V 1 Nigel Justice
Dave Solly 2 V 1 Mike Dwyer
Andy Jenkins 2 V 0 John Dye
Chris Thompson 2 V 1 Colin Fowler
Peter Manley 2 V 1 Chris Whiting
Ian White 2 V 1 Gary Spedding

Quarter Final
Phil Taylor 2 V 1 Thomas O Connor
Martin Adams 2 V 0 Dave Solly
Andy Jenkins 2 V 1 Chris Thompson
Ian White 2 V 1 Peter Manley

Semi Final
Phil Taylor 2 V 1 Martin Adams
Ian White 2 V 1 Andy Jenkins

Final
Phil Taylor 2 V 0 Ian White
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 am

Thank's get a grip iv'e tried google for this info without success.
where did you get this info from? superb.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 am

I'm mc1958 actually, not getagrip lol. I got the list from the Darts Database - click on the year for all the results (although don't bother prior to 1997 for the NOTW lol)

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/TournamentDetails.aspx?TournKey=401

It's a great resource for all things darts like head to heads or OOM standings, etc
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 am

sorry mc1958, but thanks a lot. good info
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:31 am

what does the 'Big D' mean on the plate ??
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 am

It was done in sponsorship with big D nuts Stuart, it had also previously been sponsored by Captain Morgans rum, and also Players no6 Cigarette's
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:20 am

Ah I see, thanks, I've got some programs of the NOTW from the 80's (Im sure you must have these too).

http://www.dartsnutz.com/t1903-programs-and-posters

(three on the right)
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 am

Yes the London area final's I bet you purchased them from eBay seller Id aboutfootball, cant understand how he repeatedly has the same N.O.T.W 80's programme's to sell. he's got some more on now, always the same years. think he must have the old printer and plates, Lol,

Going to have to get my N.O.T.W programme's scanned got some old and rare ones and photograph my entire collection of memorabilia, so I can share it with like minded people.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 am

I can't remember who I got them from now, I got the whole lot in one go and they were in with the mags.

Wonder if the guy has a box full ! LOL

Yeah would be great to see your collection, I need to find some time to take some more photos of the rest of my darts, It's an expensive hobby !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 am

getagrip wrote:
Not sure David, but I do remember reading once that in a marathon match Joe Hitchock's average over 1001 or whatever it was, was in the 90+ bracket, I cant remember where I read it but they were mostly throwing from 9 feet then, but I think the News Of The World Comp was at 8 feet Oche.

I think Patrick will have the answer about the averages and confirm it for sure.

Wonder how Taylor or Whitlock would do with a piece of doweling with a spike sticking out of it? Or for that matter how a Jim Pike would do with a set of modern darts?

Not taking anything away from the modern players, just saying the newer players have a lot of advantages when it comes to equipment.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 pm

They do have much better equipment these days. I would love them to have a novelty comp where they use the old boards and darts and throw from 9 feet just to see how they compare. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm

I've been looking at the old Unicorn books a bit recently - I don't think there would be too many problems making the switch as far as the actual darts are concerned.

If you look at the original Silver Comets you can see the start of the Sigma range in there, and the other old Unicorn darts have similarities with loads of current darts - the biggest difference is the actual material to make the darts.

I'm with you Darren, I'd like to see some of the modern players using the older equipment from the 9 foot throwing mark - I think that would cause the biggest issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 am

Would be cool to see some pro's giving it a go from 9 feet. But I'm sure that would never happen. Might mess their game up temporarily. Plus today's pro's play for massive amounts of money. I don't think they would risk messing their game up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Of The World Darts from member Shafted   News Of The World Darts from member Shafted Empty

Back to top Go down

News Of The World Darts from member Shafted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1