We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDrift into the ones.  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Drift into the ones.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donkey

Donkey

Drift into the ones.  Empty
PostSubject: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Hey Guys.

My darts just loves the ones.

Im trying to understand why this is. Why its so easy for me to hit the ones when im aiming at the 20s.

I thought it might be that my thumb pushes the dart too much or that my middle finger releases just a milisec earlier than my other fingers making the dart turn just slightly on my release.

This happens on all my targets but its easier to see when throwing at the 20s.

My darts likes to go more right of the targets.

Have anyone of you guys had the same problem?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I was going to say I will trade my 5's for your 1's but 3 x 1 =3 and 3 x 5 =15 so I will keep me 5's LOL!

I think with me its about the shape of my arm as I follow through and the way I release the dart.

If I really concentrate I improve, I have to make sure the dart is steered to the middle and follow through on the same line of sight, not always easy for me to get right but it works when I do.

I have also noticed that sometimes my grip is affecting the movement of the front of the dart, so I have to concentrate on getting a clean release and not gripping too tightly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Have you tried standing a couple of inches to the right of where you normally stand?

If you look at someone like Ted Hankey he stands extreme right on the oche, his darts land straight in the board so it would suggest that they swerve to the right as he throws them, if he were to stand dead center of the oche he would probably be in the 18, so a slight adjustment, stand slightly right and aim slightly left of the target could bring your darts round into the 20's?

I personally would try and forget about it, I have times when nothing goes straight, I'll go and have a brew or do something else for an hour and when i come back everything is going straight again, I think you can over think the process, and by doing so subconsciously you are making it worse.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:18 pm

What reb said, I need to stand on the left of the oche because of the way i throw. Any other point of the oche i tend to throw across myself and my darts end up in the 5's
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

I had a slight improvement in my drift problems by practicing my follow-through.

Last edited by the_cutter on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm

the_cutter wrote:
I had a slight improvement in my drift problems by having a practicing my follow-through.

This is key IMO!
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 am

USMC80 wrote:
the_cutter wrote:
I had a slight improvement in my drift problems by having a practicing my follow-through.

This is key IMO!
happy dude Oh, how true this is. The dart is just dumb and it goes where you send it.
Refining/ perfecting your stroke so you send the dart in the correct direction is the thing.
good job It is about "How you do it" and finding the right refinement to 'how you do it' is what it is all about.
Use your drills to do the refining! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Yep. Thanks Guys. I will be The best one day:)
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

I find that if I focus ,focus,focus and follow through much better results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drift into the ones.    Drift into the ones.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Drift into the ones.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1