We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWayne Mardle-Oh that drift LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:00 am

Yep have done the string thing and line up the elbow ect, ect. When on am pretty good but getting more than me share of treble 5's and 1's frustrating when ya got 3 in the fives lol. Well more practice is the answer me guess.

Last edited by SilverSaber on Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:53 am

have ya tried chewing gum while standing against the wall and humming?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:07 am

hmmm that has a familiar ring to it from an idiot I believe ! Crazy Grip
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:27 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Congratulations
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:31 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Yep have done the string thing and line up the elbow ect, ect. When on am pretty good but getting more than me share of treble 5's and 1's frustrating when ya got 3 in the fives lol. Well more practice is the answer me guess.

What has the elbow got to do with the !"drift" hook or slice?
Is this from someones darts advce?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:43 am

Well if ya elbow not pointed toward ya target it does make it difficult to follow through on a straight line toward the target.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:19 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Well if ya elbow not pointed toward ya target it does make it difficult to follow through on a straight line toward the target.
George Silberzahn I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:10 am

Bo-Jangles wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

And several others who believe that a proper follow through is best obtained from keeping your arm in line with the intended destination. Personal preference is all and something that doesn't hurt giving a go to see if it helps or not. Not dart form law just suggestion of something to try
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:01 am

Bo-Jangles wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
Congratulations

Don't be so paranoid Bo. Saber has been one of your most fair defenders on here. Also, I don't know why you would take a bit of a dismissive swipe at George. He has spend many years and given a lot of his time and energy to helping others enjoy darts and play better. Whether you agree with his advice and methods or not, he has been successful at improving the skill of many people. He's put his money where his mouth is. By your own admission you, as of yet, have not. You've seemed rather grumpy in your postings lately. Has your holiday in the bush not been going well?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:59 am

ochejockey wrote:
Bo-Jangles wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
Congratulations

Don't be so paranoid Bo. Saber has been one of your most fair defenders on here. Also, I don't know why you would take a bit of a dismissive swipe at George. He has spend many years and given a lot of his time and energy to helping others enjoy darts and play better. Whether you agree with his advice and methods or not, he has been successful at improving the skill of many people. He's put his money where his mouth is. By your own admission you, as of yet, have not. You've seemed rather grumpy in your postings lately. Has your holiday in the bush not been going well?

Sorry, had to. lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:45 am

SilverSaber wrote:

Actually this is an inside joke between USMC80 and me , refers to a person not even on this forum lol . My bad, not referring too any one here believe me and certainly not George Silberzahn whom I consider a friend and mentor. lol!

Now what about this drift problem ? (lets get back on point hey)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

Actually this is an inside joke between USMC80 and me , refers to a person not even on this forum lol . My bad, not referring too any one here believe me and certainly not George Silberzahn whom I consider a friend and mentor. lol!

Now what about this drift problem ? (lets get back on point hey)

If your elbow or arm is straight then it can only be your release thats causing it I would have thought confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Think your right Grip.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:03 am

ochejockey wrote:
Bo-Jangles wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
Congratulations

So nice of you to inquire, yes the trip in the bush is going triff. A BIT DRY AND FAIRLY HOT FOR THE TIME OF YEAR. otherwise great.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:24 am

Lefty544 wrote:
Bo-Jangles wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

And several others who believe that a proper follow through is best obtained from keeping your arm in line with the intended destination. Personal preference is all and something that doesn't hurt giving a go to see if it helps or not. Not dart form law just suggestion of something to try

Here is an issue that we (George & I) diverge. George is I believe teaching a parabolic arc action I am teaching advocating the true delivery (linear) George teaches the more accepted form of throwing a dart (there is nothing wrong with this he has my utmost respect). However nobody has won a major title using this technique since the late great Tommy Barrett, maybe the sole exception could be the Embassy Victory of Keith Dellar. (I'm undecided) I teach the linear action, I believe a far better approach and the true descendant of the darts origin. On occasions they look the same but the difference are a complete reversal. I appreciate your remarks, keeps me in check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift   Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift Empty

Back to top Go down

Wayne Mardle-Oh that drift

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1