We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPortable backboard stands what do you think? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Portable backboard stands what do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hatrick

Hatrick

Portable backboard stands what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 am

Here are the portable stands that me and a buddy made for our tournament. I've got some pics but they aren't the best as we had to take them with my friends phone. I will take better ones when we set up for our tourney. Anyways you need 5 - 2x4 8'and plywood. Cut 4 of them into 6' pieces for the legs and cross pieces. The remaining one cut in half for the feet. The 2' sections left over from the 4 6' sections will be used for the braces on the legs. Nail the 2 4' pieces to the bottoms of the legs and use 2' pieces cut at 45° angles for the braces on each leg. The 2 cross pieces 1 gets put at the very top and the other was put at 50" up from the floor. The backboards were made with the plywood 30" wide x 36" tall placed with the bottom of each set level with the bottom cross piece. Measure in 18" from the leg for where you will set the edge of your backboard and thats it done. Each 6' section hold 4 boards. And you dont have to but I used 2" foam insulation basement board to make surrounds for each Dart board. This stuff is expensive but I went to my local lumber supplier and they gave me damaged ones for free.
So here's the pics just give me a shout if you have any questons.The light holders were made just using some strapping we had layin around.

Cheers,
Hat
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 am

Look great hat!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 am

Looks fine to me! good job Lorne! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:24 am

Nice job Hat happy dude

How sturdy were they, I made one similar last year out of floor boards and joists as we had the living room floor ripped out due to flooding, so used left overs, real solid stuff but due to the weight of it it was quite wobbly when the darts hit.

Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:34 am

That was one of the reasons we went with separate 6ft. sections as opposed to 1 long 12ft. section. They were a little wobbly until we attached the backboards and now they dont move not even one little bit!! Very pleased with the outcome.

Hat
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:44 am

Hatrick wrote:
That was one of the reasons we went with separate 6ft. sections as opposed to 1 long 12ft. section. They were a little wobbly until we attached the backboards and now they dont move not even one little bit!! Very pleased with the outcome.

Hat

Great stuff good job
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 am

The ones I'm used to playing on the most are made out of 1" galvanized pipe. Very sturdy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am

would like a build tutorial if possible please, I want a better one than the one I have, it wobbles like crazy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Next time I play at my home club on a Wednesday night, I will get some pics and measurements from our free standing frames. Thats what we play on at our club.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:49 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portable backboard stands what do you think?   Portable backboard stands what do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Portable backboard stands what do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1