We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRed Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Rage

The Rage

Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g Empty
PostSubject: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 am

They're here they're here! happy dude Amazing grip on them, level 5 no doubt about it! saucepot

Looky Laughing :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cheers Goofy! good job
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:14 am

Nice darts - I've got a set of the 22g version
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 am

Cheers Mike, would have gone for the 24g's but the smooth bit would put me off - that's why I eventually traded my Bulls Barney ones after the honeymoon period thinking I was comfortable with the thumb placement on the smooth section but it made me over think my grip Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 am

I have a set of 24gm and they are great darts. If anyone wants 24gm am willing to trade for the lighter version.
Back to top Go down
Neil Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 am

Guys - you make me a proud and happy man! You have no idea the joy I get from hearing about other players enjoying the darts that I design - I love it!

As for the 24s - well the smooth bit in the middle was my original design. I hold my darts right up at the front, so that section of grip at the front is what I use. I designed the middle smooth section into the dart so that I couldn't let my thumb creep backwwards - every time I do that I play rubbish.... The grip at the back - I got that put on there so that similar amounts of material were taken out from the front and back of the dart billet - keeping it balanced...... and having the secondary effect of providing a grip area for those that hold the dart at the back Smile
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

Quote :
Guys - you make me a proud and happy man! You have no idea the joy I get from hearing about other players enjoying the darts that I design - I love it!

You designed those? That's awesome!! I'd love to have my own custom set but no idea where to get that done and know I'll be getting something decent back..or for that matter how much that sort of thing would even cost..

Must be a great feeling though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
Neil Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:34 am

Yes mate - Its basically because I have my own website and I do a lot of video reviews on youtube. Red Dragon asked me if I had any ideas for darts - which I did. Very Happy

It is a really great feeling. Smile
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:57 am

Quote :
I do a lot of video reviews on youtube.

Yes, I think I have seen them! You even did a review of the Zoe Jones darts, right?
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am

Hey Neil! Just wanted to say that I have always love your reviews! Great stuff! They really helped me alot when I was picking out my darts when I started playing(I live in the north west wasteland of washington state in the U.S. which is completely devoid of any real sort of darts, dart players, leagues or tournaments).

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am

Neil Birkin wrote:

As for the 24s - well the smooth bit in the middle was my original design. I hold my darts right up at the front, so that section of grip at the front is what I use. I designed the middle smooth section into the dart so that I couldn't let my thumb creep backwwards - every time I do that I play rubbish.... The grip at the back - I got that put on there so that similar amounts of material were taken out from the front and back of the dart billet - keeping it balanced...... and having the secondary effect of providing a grip area for those that hold the dart at the back Smile

Your darts are epic mate no other word to sum them up! Yeah just a mind thing with me over a smooth bit you know, concentrating on wether my thumb is perfectly placed or not whereas with your 23g's I'm totally at ease with the pick up and play aspect if you see what I mean. Keep up the great work my friend I'm looking forward to more reviews! saucepot
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 pm

davidsproull wrote:
Quote :

You designed those? That's awesome!! I'd love to have my own custom set but no idea where to get that done and know I'll be getting something decent back..or for that matter how much that sort of thing would even cost..

I think there is a few places in the U.S. that do them but you will need to send off online, I cant remember the site but if you do a google search you should find it.

Its not always that cheap though, its about £50 over here in the U.K. but the problem is it can be hit and miss, so you may have a design of what you think is the perfect dart for you but when you get it you find your wrong but are then stuck with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Neil Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Vallyr wrote:
Hey Neil! Just wanted to say that I have always love your reviews! Great stuff! They really helped me alot when I was picking out my darts when I started playing(I live in the north west wasteland of washington state in the U.S. which is completely devoid of any real sort of darts, dart players, leagues or tournaments).

Cheers!

Hi mate - thanks very much. Always nice to hear people that have found them useful Smile
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm

getagrip wrote:
davidsproull wrote:
Quote :

I think there is a few places in the U.S. that do them but you will need to send off online, I cant remember the site but if you do a google search you should find it.

Its not always that cheap though, its about £50 over here in the U.K. but the problem is it can be hit and miss, so you may have a design of what you think is the perfect dart for you but when you get it you find your wrong but are then stuck with them.

I have found a couple of places online, but they always seem like maybe they have gone out of business or aren't very good/reliable.
Back to top Go down
Neil Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:39 pm

You want custom darts made in the UK?? To the best of my knowledge.... its Elvin you need. I have heard of others offering this service when in actual fact they are just getting him to make them.....
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:20 pm

I forgot your in Canada Dave, well the best guy around is over there, Jeff Pickup, but he may not be so cheap but he makes some amazing darts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 pm

getagrip wrote:
I forgot your in Canada Dave, well the best guy around is over there, Jeff Pickup, but he may not be so cheap but he makes some amazing darts! Very Happy

I never heard of him, but just looked him up and his work looks spot on!! I'd want to give some seriosu thought to what I wanted, and wouldnt want to over-design..
but well.. how 'not so cheap' do you think he would be? Could I get a set for under $200.00? More? Less?

Obviously I dont expect you to know specifics, but any kind of ball park would let me know how much I needed to save up!

Thanks for the tip! Now my dreams can take flight without having to worry about getting shafted and all the bull that would stem from that! :-D
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:03 am

Well you might get it for under that price, but if I were you I would get in touch with him as he sometimes travels around with the contests and may be near you sometime. Would be helpful to speak to him about what you want.

I think Trevor has dealt with him before, mcinnes180.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 am

getagrip wrote:
Well you might get it for under that price, but if I were you I would get in touch with him as he sometimes travels around with the contests and may be near you sometime. Would be helpful to speak to him about what you want.

I think Trevor has dealt with him before, mcinnes180.

I have actually emailed him. I am going to put a little thought into it though before I order anything.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 am

Nice one David keep us informed how you get on mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g   Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dragon - Double 16 Elite 23g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1