We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget Carrera Darts Review C3 23g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g Empty
PostSubject: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:15 am

At last the wait is finally over and I got my sweaty mitts on these beauties!

These were very kindly donated by Pure Darts, so a big Thank You to them!

You will also be able to win this set in a our forum prize comp coming soon!

Right lets get started Very Happy

These retail at a R.R.P of £49.99 but if you click the buy it now button at Pure Darts you will see the discount applied and they come out at a little over £43: click

They come in a rather nice looking box that has a Carbon Fibre look to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There was a fair bit of hype when these darts were first mentioned by Target and I like a lot of others were expecting a new kind of material. I think like most I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't what I thought, but as soon as I seen the darts I thought they looked great! I wanted a set for sure Smile

They have what Target call pixel grip technology, which is the term they have used to describe all the tiny holes surrounding the barrel.

These darts are available in steel and soft tip but the barrels are a different shape for the soft tip version, there is also a straight barrelled steel tip version.

The grip from the pixels is very unique and as they are more concentrated on the tapered part of the barrel, that is where they feel grippiest. The feel is a little like a rasp file which is the closest I can think to describe it, it is more grippy than you might think too.

The barrels measurements:

The weight of each barrel was very closely matched:

Weight of the setup as it comes:

The darts come with short Laro shafts and the new Target Vision flights which are translucent.

There is no case as is usual with Target darts which never worries me, but I think it would have been a nice touch if they came with a special Carrera case.

The balance point of the darts with a medium, short and extra short stem:

As the barrels are quite long I think they work better with short or extra short stems.

My normal grip with these darts:

As you will see in my vid my first 3 darts were quite good with these. I have to say I love the feel of them, they are not overly aggressive like a razor grip yet still seem to provide a great feel all round the barrel, the whole idea behind these darts is to provide a grip that allows optimal control. I tend to think Target may well have achieved that with these. But as you see I do grip at the front were it is more grippy, the back of the barrel is a little more subtle than the front.

They may sound expensive at the price stated but if your keen to try them you would probably buy them anyway, or if your a darts tart you probably already have! lol!

As we all know a dart no matter how good it is, is not going to turn you from a poor player into a fantastic one, but thats never the purpose. It is to provide a dart with a great grip control and these do. But that is not to say you will not play just as well with a cheap £10 set. Its just common sense really, but all I can say is if you are itching to try them then you should as I dont think you will be disappointed. If you are not sure whether they are for you, then I would say try and get somewhere where you can give them a trial as you may change your mind once you do.

Overall I think these darts are superb and I love the look of them! Very Happy

10/10 from me!

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 am

I'll hopefully have my 21g Carrera's by tuesday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 am

Great review Darren, those won't be everyones cup of tea (mine included) but its something different for the market and only time will tell if they are a great idea or simply a gimmick, my money would be on the latter.

Also, a massive thanks to https://www.puredarts.co.uk/ for a very generous donation, so a big thumbs up for them and a +1 for grip for taking the time to do the very in depth review, Bravo! happy dude trohy

Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:27 am

Mod's elligble for this comp you mention? hmm?

Cheers for the review darren, nice work
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 am

I've not watched the video - I may do later - but what I was more interested in was your pictures as I can get a better feel of the product from them than I can looking over at DC or Target.

Having now seen your pictures these things don't look as bad as when Target announced them - I still think they are borderline ugly, but not as bad as my initial reaction.

I've got a couple of bits on the go over at Ebay at the moment, but if Pure Darts have still got them for £43 including postage in a couple of weeks time then I think I will most likely get a set of the 21g version. £43 all in is a more realistic price for these than the £49.99 plus postage that will be charged elsewhere.

Good review and pictures again - worthy of another +1.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:40 am

mc1958 wrote:

I've got a couple of bits on the go over at Ebay at the moment, but if Pure Darts have still got them for £43 including postage in a couple of weeks time then I think I will most likely get a set of the 21g version. £43 all in is a more realistic price for these than the £49.99 plus postage that will be charged elsewhere.

If i dont like them i'll give you a shout Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
benfitz

benfitz

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:54 am

Looking forward to the comp and nice review darren
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks guys.

I think mods will be eligible, I dont see why not, going to make it a very simple comp too.

LOL I couldn't stop feeling them on my video review, as you will see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 am

Nice one Darren, and a big thank you to Pure Darts!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 pm

great review, darren! +1 for sharing your insights. love the taper on these darts.

how grippy are they compared to the target extreme line?

i won't probably buy them but i wouldn't mind winning them in the nutz contest!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Cheers Mark, they are a different type of grip to the extremes, they may not be quite as grippy overall but the front part with the taper is grippy.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I dont think I would splash out on these but wouldn't mind trying them just to see what the fuss is about...I'll just have to win this competition Laughing

An a big thankyou to PureDarts for their fantastic generosity and for supporting the site.... good job
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:07 am

Beautiful review Darren, Damn gotta give it to ya mate another +1 which pains me lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:09 am

Oh I like to make you suffer Larry! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:15 am

Oh so looking forward to this comp they are right up my street. Game on. Great review Grip
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:04 am

Thanks Kev!
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 am

Excellent review. I have a set of the 25g C3 on the way. good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

The Coach wrote:
Excellent review. I have a set of the 25g C3 on the way. good job

Cheers Sal, I think you will like em mate! good job
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 am

I think I would want the straight one but they don't come in 23 do they only 22 and 24 and that really bugs me when they do that why not make them from 20 to 28 inclusive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:09 am

whens the comp grip ?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Big Gun wrote:
I think I would want the straight one but they don't come in 23 do they only 22 and 24 and that really bugs me when they do that why not make them from 20 to 28 inclusive.

not sure Kev, maybe they decide on a range they think will sell the most?

lion180 wrote:
whens the comp grip ?

Soon mate, soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Ive said it before & I dont care who's feathers I ruffle... the pixel grip wont last as the edge of the holes in time will go smooth due to other barrels running along them.

Thanks to Pure Darts for donating them though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Well, my 21g Carrera's dropped on my doorstep about an hour ago! They feel kind of strange to begin with....... kinda like holding onto a cheese grater Laughing Only had a quick 10min throw with them so far but they seem to fly pretty nice and i've managed a few 140s with them already! Got my first County game of the season this saturday so not sure if i should throw too much with them atm or concentrate on practising with my usual darts....... decisions decisions!

First impressions positive though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Goofy wrote:
Well, my 21g Carrera's dropped on my doorstep about an hour ago! They feel kind of strange to begin with....... kinda like holding onto a cheese grater Laughing Only had a quick 10min throw with them so far but they seem to fly pretty nice and i've managed a few 140s with them already! Got my first County game of the season this saturday so not sure if i should throw too much with them atm or concentrate on practising with my usual darts....... decisions decisions!

Sounds good mate, just hope the form continues and there is no darts "honeymoon"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Blimey has County come round already - I thought it was some time next month that started again. Must go and check out who Essex are going to beat - and good luck for the weekend Goofy. As it's on Saturday is it the B team, or will you be doing both?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 am

Wazza wrote:
Ive said it before & I dont care who's feathers I ruffle... the pixel grip wont last as the edge of the holes in time will go smooth due to other barrels running along them.

Could be right Warren, but all grips wear sooner or later Smile

Goofy wrote:

Nice one Goofy!

Get some pics up when you can!
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

mc1958 wrote:
Blimey has County come round already - I thought it was some time next month that started again. Must go and check out who Essex are going to beat - and good luck for the weekend Goofy. As it's on Saturday is it the B team, or will you be doing both?

I'm sure my mate said it was this saturday away to Dundee! I'd rather it wasnt tbh, Scotland play Serbia on saturday Laughing

Not sure what i'll be playing, definitely in the B-team and if i play well then A-team too i'd think........ both are played on the same day up here mate! Womans B (6 singles matches) starts in the morning then Mens B (6 singles, best of 5 legs) followed by Womans A (not sure how many games they play tbh) then the Mens A last (12 singles).

Edit - yep, it is this saturday - http://scottishdarts.com/fixtures2010.htm
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:37 am

Wazza wrote:

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YA WAZZA......BUT PEOPLE THAT ARE A BAD SHOT, IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:39 am

Great review Carrot Man....might have to save my money and beat all you guys for these darts!!!!! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 am

Thanks Trev!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g   Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next