We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget Carrera C5 23g Darts Review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review Empty
PostSubject: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 am

These are one of the new models in the Carrera range and were kindly supplied by Puredarts.co.uk and are available to win in our Prize Draw here: http://www.dartsnutz.com/t5610-carrera-c5-prize-draw They are available to buy for £43.19 at Puredarts.co.uk.

The Carrera darts have been very popular since they first came out and now they have more weights and barrel shapes I am sure they will gather more interest.

I have tried the C3 and C4 models but never liked the C4 version as it felt a bit long for me. The front of the grip on the C3 was for me the grippiest part of all the ones I have tried. The Pixel grip feels different and is still a high level of grip but its kind of hard to explain why it feels different, and some people may initially dis-like the feel of it but if you persevere with it you will start to love it.

The darts come supplied in the usual Target packaging without a case:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I quite like the look and shape of these darts, they are a sort of Bullet/Torpedo shape and front weighted:

I know recently that Kev (Big Gun) had some issues with the wearing of the Pixel grip on his Carrera's and I think that is inevitable that a grip will wear, but how quickly is another matter. I have not used a set long enough yet myself to get to that point but I guess its something to think about.

Here is the balance point with the set up from the box:

Here is the weights and measurements:

Whole dart:

Weights of Barrels:

Length:

Width:

This is my grip with these darts:

I found the grip to be quite sharp from new but I am sure this will soften in time. The weight of the darts I slightly struggled with at first but after my vid above I had some throws with medium stems and they flew a lot better for me.

The grip is something that you may love or hate but its something that needs to be tried I guess to be able to make your mind up.

The darts are very nicely made and look great.

I would give them a Darts Nutz 5/5 !
trohy trohy trohy trohy trohy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 am

another great review Darren! They are a cool looking dart I must admit.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 am

getagrip wrote:
I have tried the C3 and C4 models but never liked the C4 version as it felt a bit long for me.

Can't see me buying the C5's as they are too short for me (although I'll definitely give them a try if I win them lol), but another good review. Surprised about the part above though as the C3's are about 4mm longer lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 am

mc1958 wrote:
getagrip wrote:
I have tried the C3 and C4 models but never liked the C4 version as it felt a bit long for me.

Can't see me buying the C5's as they are too short for me (although I'll definitely give them a try if I win them lol), but another good review. Surprised about the part above though as the C3's are about 4mm longer lol

your right Mike but I was not sure what it was now that I dis-liked about them as I cant remember, thought it was the length, but may be it was something else, dont know, but with the C4 I just never felt as comfortable with them. The only thing I can think of is with the C3 been balanced different maybe it suited my front grip??
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for the review, nice clear photos.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 pm

great review, as always. thanks, grip!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks guys!

Throwing the darts is quite painful at present, I cant stand properly at the oche, got a trapped nerve or something in my leg, had it a few days now, looks like I will have to visit the docs. Sad
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:41 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review   Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Darts Reviews-