We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesIs alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) Empty
PostSubject: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Yep another thread on alcohol. If I have 2-3 am ok and play well . On the other hand after that I'm pure rubbish.
Couple weeks ago saw 2 players from low division take 10 rounds at the db 1. Funny at first 3 then it got real sad. They were knee walking drunk. Hey having a few and enjoying yourself ok but this was just stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 pm

2-3 max otherwise i might aswell give the other player the game
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I find if I am dry I start off slow, as I get to the end of my 2nd pint and into my 3rd I find I hit my best form and am fairly consistent for a while, once I get to 5 or 6 pints for the night I am done.

So yeah I would say 2 or 3 pints helps, maybe calms the nerves and relaxes me, but once I hit 5 or 6 I go to pot rebel smilie
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 pm

3 pints and I am asleep!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am

Yeah same with me, no more than 3. I wouldnt say my game goes bad, I just lose focus and struggle to actually want to play.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 am

I need it to calm my nerves to stop my shakey hand thing I get on match nights, I drive to all my games so it's just one for the road unless I'm playing at a local pub which is only once per season on a Wednesday.

(long story but I play for a team in another area - good mates of mine so the travel is worth it)

beer drink rebel smilie
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 am

I've actually played my best games in the Monday night League when I've been out on the sauce all day!!

I've started at 1pm and the match has started at 8:30pm, singles played around about 10pm.

Hit 4 x 36 darters at 1001 last Season following the same format of drinking every week. Bearing in mind I haven't gone mad at it, but maybe had about 6 or 7 pints before the Singles match. I think that's my point were I do the circle and go back to full sobriety!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:32 am

I gave up drinking altogether back in 2005.

I used to be really good, but I think I can play just as well now.

I'd really like to play my old self from back in 2005.

I think I'd give him (me) a beat down. lol on floor
Back to top Go down
mattstan

mattstan

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 am

Dont drink at all, practice sober, play sober happy dude
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 am

My throw goes to pot after 6 pints, so I'll pace myself.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:26 pm

I can go up to around the 10 pint mark. Note our pints aren't the same size as your english pints ( 425ml to 600ml). From pint 3 to pint 9 or 10 I am at my best. I would say I throw at least 2 ppd better. After 10 it's goodnight nurse.

I used to drink alot and actually practiced playing while drinking heaps.

Nowadays, I dont drink. Quitting smoking helps with being sober.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Didn't know that the pint was measured differently down there!
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
I can go up to around the 10 pint mark. Note our pints aren't the same size as your english pints ( 425ml to 600ml). From pint 3 to pint 9 or 10 I am at my best. I would say I throw at least 2 ppd better. After 10 it's goodnight nurse.

I used to drink alot and actually practiced playing while drinking heaps.

Nowadays, I dont drink. Quitting smoking helps with being sober.

WHAT!!!!!!!!
Im moving to Europe then.
Probably a alcohol volume tax thingy going on there. We get taxed on our tax down under.
3 (425ml) pints seems 2 relax me, arfter that i will just sip 1 more to keep me at the same drunkardness (tidly). Else it all goes to S#@*
beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink beer drink spewing
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Is are pint not 568ml?
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Your spot on rab, 568ml in a pint here.

I usually have a bottle of the finest lurgan champagne and then just sip over pints during the night until my matches are over and after that its fair game.... rebel smilie
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

I always need a few beers to be at my best, helps me to relax! 3 pints - 6 pints is optimum, after that i start to go downhill! So, i'f im playing in a long comp i try to manage my drinking during the day, take a half hour off here and there, glass of water now and again etc
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:22 am

Couple of beers before the match starts and around another 5 or 6 during it. My best darts usually come after the match has finished when we are just mucking about - I'd estimate anything from about 6 or 7 pints to get my best lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 am

I could be just imagining it but I am sure I see better when I'm drunk LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)   Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is alcohol affecting your game? (good or bad)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1