We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGrip Wax good or bad? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Grip Wax good or bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Grip Wax good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 pm

I would like to know anyones experiences with grip wax?
Is it good?
Is it another gimmick?
Does it work with dry hands or sweaty hand?

As I have problems with dry hands, because I do a manual job.
This is not helped with the dry humidity and hard water where I live.
When playing I am constantly licking my fingers and rubbing them together.
I do this at the start of the game and after I have throw my set of darts.
When my fingers are moist and warm I find my darts are easy to grip and I have more feel.
When my finger are dry or too wet the darts slip.

I understand Phil Taylor uses grip wax and alway has it in his right pocket.

Please tell me your thoughts and experiences.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

I hear the rosin bag is best.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:18 pm

I tried it but could not see any affect from it to be honest, but then my hands are not dry so it may be different if they were. The stuff is really cheap though so you wont lose out by trying it. I think the Roisin is more for sweaty hands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I tried the little bar of grip wax from Pure Darts & didn't notice much difference either. I lick my fingers before I throw and find that even when using the wax it still did out of habit. Have you tried using darts with a sharper grip like the Purists I use or a shark grip as these are very grippy even in the cold months, they are also good if you get sweaty hands. As Grip 'no pun intended' above says though the wax is cheap enough and the bags of Rosin is the most popular. As with most things on the Good or Bad side it comes down to personal preference You may love it I didn't particularly like it but that doesn't mean its a bad product. et us know how you get on with finding a solution
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I tried this but didn't find it up to much use when cold but i heated it up a touch and it seemed to help a bit. Although it didn't stay on my fingers for long and after a while i felt it near became slippier with the sweat on top of the wax. For the price you may aswell give it ago, like said above it might work for some people, just didn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 pm

If you have dry hands you definately don't want to be trying rosin.. As for me I have the same problem as you and what I do is before I leave the house for league night I use some of the wifes hand cream that way it gives it time to soak in before I get there and my hands are just right by the time I get there and stay that way for most of the night..

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Tried most of these things and none of them float my boat so now I use nothing.

The only one that came close to working for me at all was chalking the barrels, but then you just end up with big white splodges all over the board like Deller used to do.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Like Hatrick, I often put hand cream on my hands before I go to Darts. I thought this was strange at first, but I find this helps as the cream has time to soak in.
I have used shark grip darts in the past, but still had a few slip. As I tend to grip the dart lightly and if my hands are cold or dry they have a tendancy to slip. Also with the nickle tungsten feel slippery when cold.
I have no troubles with my smooth copper tungstens as long as I lick my fingers and rub them. The darts tend to feel warm and nice in my hand, when my fingers are damp and warm. Just wanting to get away from licking my fingers and having a dry tongue!
I have just ordered some SportswaXX so I will give it a go.

Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 am

I tried the wax too and didnt find it grippy enough so i remelted it with surfboard wax and voila. you can mix it to your own personal preferance eg 20% candle to 80 surf wax or 60-40 etc.
I used the softer surf wax and found that tthe mix leand more to the surfwax rather than candle wax.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 am

I have just recieved my sportwaXX and some standard green and red grip wax.
I find they both make an improvement to my grip.And stop me having to lick my fingers and thumb to maintain grip.

But found the pink sportwaXX is a good bit better than the standard green or red wax.
The sportwaXX helps maintain a better grip, that lasts for longer than the other wax, and is also softer and easier to apply.

I recommend the sportwaXX for anyone with dry hands, who have to lick their fingers to maintain grip. The only down side to the sportwaXX is that I find the container a little big when in my pocket. Also you can only rub either your fingers or thumb in the container, one at a time. As with the standard wax tablet you can rub the wax between the thumbs and fingers at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 am

why not use a grippier dart?
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 am

I use stuff called "sortkwik"its supposed to be for office people counting money of flicking through pages, i bought it at an office supply shop, it comes in a small 10grm container fits nicely in your dart case,little bit on your fingers let it dry, makes a big difference, hope this helps....
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 am

paddydub wrote:
I use stuff called "sortkwik"its supposed to be for office people counting money of flicking through pages, i bought it at an office supply shop, it comes in a small 10grm container fits nicely in your dart case,little bit on your fingers let it dry, makes a big difference, hope this helps....
Good alternative buddy. Smile
Back to top Go down
mr lakeside

mr lakeside

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 am

what the name of your wifes cream i have dry hands too i dont need anything for my hanks but sometimes my scotty waites feel a bit slippy till my darts warm up
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Just got some sortkwik, and that is very good for dry fingers. Feels like vaseline at first when you apply. But when you let it dry and rub your fingers and thumb together it makes your fingers and thumb damp and grippy. Also lasts a long time!
Good tip paddydub!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Sounds good, just had a search for it seems ideal for people with dry fingers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm a habitual finger licker, thats why I suck on mints to give that extra bit of grip.

My problem if I used wax would be the fact that I would still lick my fingers and I wouldnt want a bad taste in my mouth. lol

I have found that having grippy darts meant nothing while my fingers were dry.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm

You are spot on with your comment Jimbo. About having grippy darts meant nothing while my fingers were dry. As shark grips still slip with dry hands.
I was just got sick of licking my fingers and having a dry tongue!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 pm

It helps you drink more mate. lol

That is why I always have my eclipse mints. They keep my mouth well lubricated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grip Wax good or bad?   Grip Wax good or bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Grip Wax good or bad?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1