We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCricket  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cricket

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Let's say you are playing cricket for some reason, probably because you're an American.

But anyway, let's say you are playing a game of cricket.

The other guy goes 1st. 3 single 20's is what he opens with.

What do you do next?????

Let's hear it members.........
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

You have a couple of options.

1st is to go for 20 and close it. Which I might do if I was playing a really strong player. Then go for 19's if I was to close 20 within 2 darts. I personally think this sends out a negative attitude, looking to close 20 first up.

I would most likely go staight for 19's against a player who I think is as good as, or weaker than myself.
If I hit a treble 1st up I would go for 19's again with my second dart, to put some score on the board.
Then with the last dart I would go for treble 20. If I hit treble 20, your oponent then has to look at closing 19 or go for 18. This is a big decision if you are behind in points.

A lot of the North American's think you can be a poor player with good stratagy, and beat a better player with poor stratagy. I think they look too deep into it, but it is easily possible.

I think there is just as much stratagy in the 01 games. You can hit 180's all day, but if you can't get onto and hit a double you will never win a leg!
Also notice that having the best dart average in a 01 game doesn't mean you are guarantied to win!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Hmm I probably go for 19's. If I trip and score with second dart then back to the 20's with last dart. I try never to chase but sometimes ya got too. If player only scores 1 or 2 I go and close the 20's
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm

And from experience a note! more games are won or loss on 15's and 16's then any other 2 numbers, now that IMO. If I play ya even until those numbers your in trouble because am deadly on those 2 numbers.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 pm

From what I have seen from watching The World soft tip, I would go for 19's. As a few others have said, try to get triple 1st dart and score with 2nd dart and 1 at the 20's.

Alot of soft tip players will hammer the score and slowly pick off the other numbers.

Personally, I would get a little score up, then start closing other numbers to limit my opponents scoring chances.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Because they only closed 20's with no points Then I would throw 1 dart at the 20 and try to trip it ,if not then the next 2 darts would be at 19's.

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:14 am

Here's the way I look at it....

You could chase the person by attempting 20's with 1 dart or 2, maybe all 3.

But using that strategy, at some point during the game you're going to have to

change it up and go to the next number. Also, when you are chasing this could happen...

I throw a single 20 with my 1st dart and trip with dart #2. The trip was a great shot

but in all reality you just wasted a dart. You threw 4 marks but only got credit for 3.

Wasted marks can be deadly when playing a great player.

If it were me, I'd go 19's and stay on it no matter what for the 1st turn. Even if I threw

2 perfect 19's and took a shot at the 20, hitting a single, I can find myself behind if he

trips the 20 with his 1st dart on the next turn.

I didn't specify steel tip or soft tip in creating this thread, but if you watch how the top

professional soft tip players play the game, a lot can be learned. Don't be afraid to

point and point HEAVY!!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:22 am

Can never have too many points!
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 am

Thats exactly why I said I would throw 1 dart only at 20's winmau, I always try to make every dart count as 3 cause I expect to hit a treble with every dart.. (everybody should think this way it helps a lot when you got it in your mind that you can hit a treble with every dart!!) Anyways thats why 1 goes at the 20 if I close it then they cant go back to get points, then the next 2 go at 19's even if I trip it with the 1st dart now you are sitting in the drivers seat.. Always,always try to make every dart count as 3 when playing cricket!!

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 am

Cricket is my game ( love it) depends on your opponent, if I have played them before and know how they play will dictate my strategy. Playing first time gonna point the hell outta ya if possible. In league loss very few single cricket games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cricket  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket    Cricket  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cricket

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1