We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesOther games besides '01 and American Cricket LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Other games besides '01 and American Cricket

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zappaluv

zappaluv

Other games besides '01 and American Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:09 pm

There are many other games besides '01 and American Cricket what are your favourites?

Halve- It!
Players shoot 3 darts for specific targets, scores or challenges. If they hit then they add to their score, if they miss then their score is halved.

This is a great little game. Lots of fun good for groups and players of mixed abilities. There are loads of different options limited only by your imagination!
I always like to start with Highscore (HS) this makes sure everybody gets a start no matter what. The alternative is to start with 40 points.
Then 20-Triples-19-Doubles-18-Bulls(Singles and doubles score)-17. When shooting single numbers doubles and trebles count for their value. With these examples you only need to hit the target once to save your score being halved
Example: Add score as you go

HS - 41
20 -121 (single 20 triple 20 and single 5(obviously the 5 doesn't count)
T - 61 (No triple hit and the score is halved. odd numbers round up. 1 is therefore the lowest you can go)
19 - 80
D - 112
18 - 130
BULL - 180
17 - 90 ( you can see that the more points you have the more you have to lose! you can go from 400 to 100 in 2 walks)

This is where the fun begins and you can start to mix it up a little. Continue alternating single numbers with challenges

3 Colours (3C) There are four different colours on most dart boards. you need to get each dart in a different colour. A good strategy is to go for bull (red or green) which leaves you fat numbers on black and white

14/41 All three darts must score and your score must be either 14 or 41. 20,20,1: 1,1,12 etc

Straight (St)- Any three numbers in a straight 1, 2, 3: 18, 19, 20 in any order. Doubles and trebles count as their number value.

Run- As above but the sequence must be hit in order 1st Dart 18 2nd Dart 19 3rd dart 20

Flush-(F) Any three scoring darts in the same colour ie. 3 x 20 or 1, 11, 5 or triple 19, single bull, double 4

Straight Flush (SF)- in sequence and same colour. there are three basic ones 4,5,6: 12,13,14: 15,16,17 and a secret one i call the royal flush

Big Little Big (BLB)- Big segment(between double and triple), Little segment between Bull and triple, Big segment again. Bulls triples and doubles count as a miss.

Bed- 3darts in any one section of the board. Fat 20 is the usual target, hit triple 20 with your first dart though and you're going to have to hit a 180

Bed & Breakfast(B&B) - Any 3 neighboring numbers 5,20,1: 16,7,19. doubles and triples count.

Zero - This is a personal favourite of mine. All three darts must stick in the board but they cannot score any points.
Please note the surround, wall or god forbid the scorer don't count as non scoring sections of the board!

100 - any 100+ score counts

I could go on but I'm sure you get the basic idea and you can make up your own. A friend of mine used to go for any enclosed space in the actual number wire ie the zero in 10, 4, 6, 8, 9 etc

Player or team with the highest score wins.
Obviously you can make the game as long or as short as you wish.
When playing teams you can have the least experienced player go for the single numbers.

Example Board

HS
T
D
14/41
3C
0 (Zero)
Bulls

Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: 20/-20   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:16 pm

20/ -20 is a really simple game
All the black sections are worth 20 all the white sections are worth -20. Play '01 rules just make sure you play from a multiple of 20 like 300 400 500
An interesting side to this game occurs when you get to a finish. if you are on 40 and you split it hit a -20 to get another shot.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: English/Australian Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:36 pm

This is based on the actual game of cricket. One team bowls another team bats
The batting team has 10 wickets or outs.
The bowling team throws first at the bull for wickets 1 out for a single two outs for a double
The batting team throws second and scores any points over 40 they get in a walk. so a 60 scores 20 points, 41 scores 1 point etc
Once the batting team lose all their wickets the roles are reversed.
Two innings are usually played i.e teams bowl twice and bat twice.
I have it from a good source that Simon Whitlock and his dad almost bowled out a team without them scoring any points in an innings 9/0.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:06 pm

zappaluv wrote:
This is based on the actual game of cricket. One team bowls another team bats
The batting team has 10 wickets or outs.
The bowling team throws first at the bull for wickets 1 out for a single two outs for a double
The batting team throws second and scores any points over 40 they get in a walk. so a 60 scores 20 points, 41 scores 1 point etc
Once the batting team lose all their wickets the roles are reversed.
Two innings are usually played i.e teams bowl twice and bat twice.
I have it from a good source that Simon Whitlock and his dad almost bowled out a team without them scoring any points in an innings 9/0.

I like this one best, Very Happy

Can we have an Ashes match, I got just the board for it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Mickey Mouse or Tactics or Burma Road   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Basically an extended game of American Cricket
Numbers 20 to 10
Doubles
Trebles
Bulls
Bed (3 in one number doubles and trebles count) this is the only game i know when you can be happy about hitting 3 single ones)

3 marks for each number to open for scoring. Numbers are dead when each opponent has 3 marks

Slightly different game tactically because you have many options for some scores depending on what you need and what your opponent has. It is also considered good form to get all your crosses with as little score as possible.

For example T20 20 D20 can be scored in one of the following ways.
3 x 20 & 60 scored; 3 x 20 & 1 x treble; 3 x 20 & 20 scored & 1 x double; 1 x 20 & 1 x treble & 1 x double; or 1 x Bed

There are two basic theories for the start of play.
Starting from the top 20 to 10 picking up doubles triples and beds on the way.
Or Bull Bed Bull, shooting for the bull with the first dart then if you miss, go for a bed on the number you hit, if you miss that go back to the bull. Because of the extra numbers involved you have a 55% chance of hitting a mark at the beginning of the game.
Sometimes playing teams one person will concentrate on closing out numbers the opponent has and the other will open the ones they don't
There are also two sections on the board that are easier for scoring marks because they are adjacent 15/10 and 14/11. If you get in trouble early these are good property to own.
Don't forget you can score a bed on the bulls or score a double bull as a Double mark

This game seems to have a lingo all of it's own

Mongering or Mungering - Deliberately scoring on an open number when you are already ahead. Considered unsporting.
GARRR-Baaage - No scoring darts
"Call out the cavalry" or "Had 'em surrounded" - Missing 3 darts on the wire particularly the Bull
Good Year for Dying - 19 and 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 (World War 1)
Good Year for Living - 19 and 18 (End of World War 1)
Captain Greedy Strikes Again - Deliberately going for score and missing
Fish and Chips - 26 by 20, 1, 5
Bed and Breakfast - like Fish and Chips but any similar grouping 19 7 3: 18 1 4 etc
Bourke Street - When a player loses their cool. Somebody cracked so bad they through their darts out onto Bourke St
Ned Kelly - Three in a single triple
Nice little picket fence - when you have a line of single x on a lot of adjacent numbers xxxxxx
Numbers are dead - when all the numbers are out and you only have Doubles Triples Bulls and/or Beds left

Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 pm

I like this one best, Very Happy

Can we have an Ashes match, I got just the board for it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

What is that? That's awesome. Does it have instructions?
Haha Crazy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm

No instructions came with it, but I did find it on Unicorns archived books, from the late 1970's I think.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Around the World   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Around the World
Very simple game
Hit numbers 1 to 20

If you hit three in a row have another go until you miss
Example
1,2,3 another go 4,12 STOP

Variations
If you hit a double move skip 1 number, a treble 2 numbers
Example
T1, 4, 5 another go D6, 8, 14

Hit the target three times before moving on. Doubles and Trebles count towards next number

Miss with all three darts go back a number

Finish on the bull.

Around the World Doubles. Same game but only on doubles

I play the doubles game and my wife plays the regular game.

Around the world challenges

Fat numbers only. go from 1 to 20 without missing. if you miss start again

Doubles only. Miss with all 3 darts go back a number.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks for putting these games together Zappa, nice work! Very Happy good job
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:01 am

Went to the Kindle store the other day to get George's book and got a couple others on darts. One was titled, How to Play Darts; 50 Ways to Play the Game, by Jabez Gotobed. Most of the games in there will make more sense to British players than American players, but I did find a handful that I thought I could adapt and use with friends. A couple could be good practice and I thought I might be able to trick my teammates into practicing by playing them. It only cost US$2.99 and I think I'll definitely get my money's worth out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other games besides '01 and American Cricket   Other games besides '01 and American Cricket Empty

Back to top Go down

Other games besides '01 and American Cricket

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1