We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesFit Flight flights and shafts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Fit Flight flights and shafts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

Fit Flight flights and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 am

I was wondering how many out there had tried the Fit Flights and what their opinion was of them? I bought a set about a month ago at the Music City Classic (White Air Standard Shape flights, White short fixed shafts). I was pretty skeptical going in; but I have to admit, it's been almost a month and they still look like I just took them out of the box! There's hardly a scratch on them (and last night I hit a 180 and two 140's as well as several tight grouped tons)!

I've been burned by L-Style a few times in the past. I bought a set a while back and I tore a flight within 3 days. I've never had a full set of L-Style last me more than 2 weeks. I can't speak for anything but the thinner Air flights which I thought would be more fragile, but I think the fact that they are thinner and flexible helps them flex and bend out of the way of oncoming darts. At first, the price was an issue, but if these things continue to last like this, they'll really be worth the money. I was using at least 2 or 3 sets of flights a month and I'd usually Robin hood a nylon shaft and have to change it often. So far I haven't had any problems at all.

Has anyone else had issues (good or bad) with fit flight? Just wondering. Oh, I guess I should add that this is my first official post. I've really enjoyed reading all the other posts so far. Great site.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 am

Been using the Cosmo setup for just over a year now - I love it and have loads of the different shape flights and stems. There's a thread in here somewhere with about half the collection - I've probably got more in my collection than most shops have in their stock rooms lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 am

I used em for about 3 months and spent hundreds of dollars on them. One set would last me about 3 days of practice and or league play. Got way to expensive for me. Normal flights last much longer and I haven't noticed any difference in my groupings or play.

They are a great idea but didnt stand up to the hits IMO. Not with steel tip anyway
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:36 am

Good to hear from you Shane - your not too far away from me here in Georgia. I like the cosmo gear, been using it for awhile now. I do have alot of trouble with their air flights tearing though. Two weeks is about all I ever get out of a set of the airs. The regular ones last me alot longer, but I prefer the air flights. I have several sets and I save them for tournaments, hate to practice with an $8 flight that gets torn up so easily. That's great yours has lasted you! I've had much better luck with the L-Style flights, seem to last longer and they have addressed the tearing of the flight with the new shafts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 am

Great post. Smile

I seem to beat up on flights pretty good. That's why i'm hesitant to try any of the stuff from Japan. My regular slim flights are junk after 3-4 days of playing. I'd go broke trying to keep up with Fit Flights or l-style stuff.

Will probably give them a go once just to see what the hype is though.

Like you said though, if they last, it will be well worth the upfront price.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 am

I like them but I still manage to tear them now and then, they usually last better with the spin shafts, and the air last longer than the standards. I did break a fit shaft gear recently which has put me off buying them, but they now have carbon shafts out that may last better but are not cheap, so I may just stick to the normal shafts for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 am

I use them and have used L-flights, gonna keep using cosmo's for now 8-10 for me . Price is why not 10 outta 10, still the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:55 am

I've heard other people say the airs last longer and that just hasn't been the case for me - not even close! I've had a set of the standard fit flights for a couple months and they have held up well. I'm lucky if I get two weeks out of the airs - I've ruined sets in one night! L-Style holds up much better. Must be my wacked out throw!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 am

Four days of practice and the airs would look like this!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 am

I've been really worried that I've just been getting lucky with this set. I'm ordering another couple sets just in case. Since I just raved about how great they are I'll probably tear a flight tonight (God Forbid). I really like the concept of these as well as L-Style's. I just want one that will hold up long enough for it to be worth the money. For the price, they should last at least 6 months of consistant play with tight groups. Otherwise I feel it's just a waste. So far so good, but I'll let you know after 6 months if my feelings have changed.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I have been using the spin shaft version and I like them. 1 problem I have had is one of the stems doesnt spin as well as the other 2 and this stem has cost me 2 flights so far in the month I have been using them.

Before these I was using nylon stems with wizlock caps and I love those caps, no more robin hoods.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:38 am

spat66 wrote:
I've heard other people say the airs last longer and that just hasn't been the case for me - not even close! I've had a set of the standard fit flights for a couple months and they have held up well. I'm lucky if I get two weeks out of the airs - I've ruined sets in one night! L-Style holds up much better. Must be my wacked out throw!!

Not used the airs but I've had a horrible run with L-style flights, bought them as a cheaper alternative to cosmos. And I have to say to the standard fit flight lasted me a lot longer than the L-style ever did.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:35 pm

USMC80 wrote:
Four days of practice and the airs would look like this!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throw the pointy end toward the board may help affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 pm

spinners help a lot to conserve ya flight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

I promise not to make a video for this thread. cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Make a vid featuring a set of cosmos + axe can + lighter Smile wiiiiie

Cheerio miss sophie!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm

we demand a vid JD. Yours are classics hahaha.
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:31 pm

I have three sets of darts; some generic purists, Barneveld Phase 2As(super grippy), and Colin Lloyd Pro Stones, and they all have fit flight shafts and flights. I've used them for about 4 months or so and never had a broken or bent shaft, and have only had a couple tear issues. One set (the Barneys) have had the same set of flights on them for about two months now. As far as I am concerned, $7 is well worth it if they last a month or more, when I was going through 2 or more sets Amazon and R4X flights a week
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks for posting Derek, I think if you can get at least 6-8 weeks wear out of the flights then that works out as decent value. Sometimes its just bad luck if they tear early and usually the result of a heavy clash with a barrel.

I have had some tear in the first hour and some that have lasted me a couple of months or more.
Back to top Go down
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:08 am

UPDATE**
Last night while practicing I tore one of my flights. It was a very minor tear (about a mm long) and they still flew fine. But I have league tonight and it was the only set I have and I don't want to risk it tearing completely on me during a match so I took them off and went back to regular shafts and standard flights. I bought this set the last weekend of July and they've lasted until last night before a tear. That's a pretty good run. I think I will buy another set in the future, but for now I'll finish using up my regular flights.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 am

Probably wise to do so, as it would be risky with just the one set of Cosmos. They often last well with small tears but not worth that risk during a match.
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 am

The Airs, I think, look good but they are thinner than the regular fit flights so the tears on them can get out of hand pretty quickly, not to mention they don't sell them in the double pack. I would recommend that next time you get some fit flights just get the regular double pack so you always have a back up and they are cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm

I agree there Derek. I bought the regular flights in a 6 pack and I am down to 3 left now in about 6 weeks use. As I mentioned before, the shaft that doesnt spin freely has cost me 3 flights as the have torn on the leading edge from hitting other flights.
Back to top Go down
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 am

I have heard a few different players tell me the Airs are actually better because they are more flexible and often bend out of the way of oncoming darts and flights; where as the regular ones are so ridgid that they just carve right into one another.

As I mentioned earlier, I swapped back to regular flights and shafts because I had a league match and didn't want the damage to become worse. Last night during a match one of my standard dimplex flights cut right into the back of another flight and stuck. Luckily I wasn't using grip rings so the flight came off and the dart went into the 20. I wish I'd taken a picture. One wing of the flight was stuck right into the X of the flight in the board. So that flight lasted less than 24 hours. Luckily I had more of those!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:36 am

4 days mate they look 4 year old dam im going back to feathers i think lol
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Rotty wrote:
4 days mate they look 4 year old dam im going back to feathers i think lol
hahahahahaha
Yea they are crap!!!!!

atleast one of my sets lasted a full day though lol!

Last edited by Winmau on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :()
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 pm

If the tips of your darts have an edge on them you might want to use tridents on your dart tips....this will also help with flights getting banged up...along with spinners!!! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fit Flight flights and shafts   Fit Flight flights and shafts Empty

Back to top Go down

Fit Flight flights and shafts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1