We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesReview: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone Empty
PostSubject: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 am

Ordered these from Puredarts.co.uk on Sundays night and was delighted to receive them Tuesday morning, once again 1st class service from, in my opinion, the best online retailer.

So, the packaging. Another sturdy cardboard box with plastic front to allow you to see the darts (well the middle one anyway). Eye catching in gold with a couple of pictures of the 2 X PDC World Champion Adrian Lewis, the Lifetime barrel guarantee logo, 23g sticker plus information to state that these are 90% tungsten and the +/- 0.05g matched weight symbol, all quality stuff.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So once opened here's what is inside the box. The usual Target foam insert containing the 3 made-up darts, 3 Zirconium and stone Barrels, 3 black (Laro on this occasion) shafts and 3 standard black Lewis flights, hole punched with Target slot rings inserted (note; these darts come with standard steel points).
On each dart is printed the Target logo as well as Adrian Lewis' name:

OK, so I repointed the darts with Target Storm points and added my own stems and flights. First things I noticed is that the points went in very nicely, I have had problems in the past inserting Storm points and them being really tight including Target darts, however I had no such problem with these which was a relief. The darts are very nice looking, a pale gold colour with the rings buffed in silver, the stone grip between the rings is coloured gold too, very nice.

A closer look at the grip. Nice buffed silver rings with the gold stone between the grooves. I would rate the grip at a level 3 personally as the stone is very subtle at this point and the grooves are quite shallow, others may disagree but I have had much, much more grippier darts than these. Also these have a nice taper that runs onto the Storm points and some nice (level 4) micro grip at the back end of the barrel (if thats where you hold the dart).

Finally a comparison with my previous match darts, the Target Lewis Silica's, another very well made dart.
The Stone grips seem to have slightly more taper on the front end that meets with the Storm points better than the Silica's, other than that, the colour , and the stone grip, the darts are identical:

So overall a very nice, well balanced dart, 50.5mm long, 6.4mm wide and 90% tungsten content with a stone grip.
Upside, the Zirconium coating looks stunning and the stone grip is very subtle.
Downside, once again no case or bar wallet, just the foam insert. As I have mentioned before this is not a massive issue as most people have their own case and the foam does a good job as far as packaging is concerned however if this was your first set of darts, at around £35-£40 to then have to spend another £5-£10 on a wallet or case may be a bit much for some.

All in all a very well made, hard wearing, well balanced dart from Target, who for me are making the best quality darts on the market.

Last edited by Rebel on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 am

Feel free to ask any question's that i may have missed,

Cheers
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 am

They are a very nice looking dart, nice one Rebel! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 am

+1 from me. Nice darts and great review Saucy!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 am

Nice review, I would have thought at least a level 4 grip though. Rules them out for me cuz level 4 the lowest I go. Thanks Rebel good job + 1 for ya
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:23 am

Cheers clink glasses

To answer your question Larry, after playing with them last night for a few hours at practice I was finding after a few knocks and my hands warming up, they did start to feel more grippy, whereby I was hardly having to grip the darts and they were flying nicely.

However after picking them up for 20mins tonight the grip felt as subtle as when I first held them - maybe the stone grip feels grippier on warmer sweaty hands?

Its a nice grip either way.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am

I do like the look of these but would have liked to see a better taper on the end of the barrel so the storm point had a more natural looking flow to it. That obviously just my personal preference. These don't have a lot of taper on them by the looks of things and that surprised be having now seen them up close. So not so sure I want to get a set now.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 am

The original Target Lewis' front end was more rounded and the Storm point didnt quite fit flush, held up to the light you could see a tiny gap where the barrel nose rounded off and the flat Storm base sat.
However with the new model Target have obviously taken this into account as, while not a very big taper, the front end tapers down to fit perfectly onto the storm point with no gap.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 am

Ok talked me back in to it lol not that it would have taken much I will see how the finances are at the end of the month. Glad my wife doesn't come on here lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 am

Big Gun wrote:
Ok talked me back in to it lol not that it would have taken much I will see how the finances are at the end of the month. Glad my wife doesn't come on here lol

Hmmm I think I will tweet her and grass on you LOL!
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 am

now you do need to get a grip Ha Ha
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:21 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 am

A well present and very detailed review there Rebel! Everthing someone pondering would need to know right there good job

Very very identical to my 24g Target Sports with the grip pattern especially your silica ones Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone   Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone Empty

Back to top Go down

Review: 23g Target Adrian Lewis Zirconium Stone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1