We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images25g Unicorn Phase 6 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

25g Unicorn Phase 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_cutter

the_cutter

25g Unicorn Phase 6 Empty
PostSubject: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 am

Having used Target Silica Apollos for nine months as my primary darts, I wanted to see if the tapered nose and grip placement of the Phase 6 would suit me.

I initially used medium nylon stems and pear flights as my setup (that I borrowed from the Apollos). But since I ordered a set of Phase 5 shafts, I might as well use them, along with Unicorn standard flights. I couldn't get used to the standards so I shifted back to pear flights, that happened to be Target ones (which fit nicely) at the moment. I'm still adjusting with the setup. I like the way the Phase 5 stems help bring the center of gravity exactly on the grip. Grip's review on the Solar darts gave me the idea on the stem length vs center gravity. The pear flights really suit my throw. I also put Trident 180s and o-rings. The tridents seem to be working in preserving the flights. The o-rings have made the setup tight. I'm still keeping the Apollos around but I'm loving the P6 right now.

Current setup:
Darts: Unicorn Phase 6
Stems: Unicorn Phase 5
Flights: Target Pears
Accessories: Trident 180s and Target O-rings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for looking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 am

They are a nice dart but I found they never suited me, I think the weight seemed more central so was a little off balance for my grip, but Bovril swears by them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 am

nice darts cutter! clink glasses

these are my go to darts and suit my grip perfectly. my only gripe is the nose of the dart is so big/flat that if you don't use tridents or storm points (which don't sit flush) you massacre your flights in a few hours. i've got storm points on mine now and they help a lot but there still is a 1mm or so ring that overhangs and catches flights.

Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 am

thanks, grip and cb! so far, i'm still adjusting to the tapered nose but the grip placement is perfect. tried to experiment with different sets of flights (sigma one and pro, kite, standard, slim) but the pear is what really works for me. the slim comes at a very close second, but it seems i needed more power to throw the dart well. the sigma pro is also good but i need to be very consistent with my throw as it is not very forgiving.

i think it would be hard not to damage flights without tridents or storm points on the darts. so far, my flights have survived longer.

currently, the p6 now my primary set as my apollos have taken a back seat. so back to unicorn.

the only thing i need to do now is get all three darts on the treble 20 at the same time! lol!
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 pm

glad you like them. i like them with standards and short stems personally but haven't really given them a go with pears or slims, but i intend to.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

Best darts ever.....I don't use the nose cones on mine and I had to put in a set of board grippers....difficult to use at first, but I hit big scores with these babies....thanks for sharing mate
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 am

Bacon...I agree with you flights...mine are totalled very quickly...still love em though
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 am

I gave them a brief go and found that even though I was hitting some pretty good scores with them they felt uncomfortable in my hand. So, I assumed that it was just a honeymoon phase and didn't bother trying to continue on with them.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 am

those darts beauts. some of the slickest i've seen. drool
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Well put storms on mine Bov and gonna give them a go for a few days mate to see what I can do with them. Am use to a straight barrel ut will try because of your high recommendation mate.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:12 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Well put storms on mine Bov and gonna give them a go for a few days mate to see what I can do with them. Am use to a straight barrel ut will try because of your high recommendation mate.

How are you doing with the Phase 6's, Larry?
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Very lovely darts Smile

They look very good with the natural slikstiks and the white pear flights Smile

How are you getting on with them? Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 am

the_cutter wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

One minute all over the place and the next hitting trips. Gonna give it more time as I like the feel and look of them. I have cosmo inbetween spinners and standard flights. I am using storm points as mentioned already they can eat up flights. Bov your comment on getting use to them much appreciate if u would Sir, and anybody who uses them really.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 am

SilverSaber wrote:
the_cutter wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

One minute all over the place and the next hitting trips. Gonna give it more time as I like the feel and look of them. I have cosmo inbetween spinners and standard flights. I am using storm points as mentioned already they can eat up flights. Bov your comment on getting use to them much appreciate if u would Sir, and anybody who uses them really.

I have the same concern. My current setup is with slim flights and medium laro stems, with which they fly great but less triples. I get more triples with Phase 5 stems and slim flights but darts fly inconsistently. I need to make up my mind as to which setup I'm going to use for them. Maybe I'll go back to pear flights. I love these darts that I'm going to stick with them for a while.

Bov and Bacon seem to be ones who are getting on quite well with the Phase 6.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 am

Curious Larry!

It was a bit like me and the Gold Hammys, I seem to be very good with them on the T20's but was completely off anywhere else on the boards, strange! confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25g Unicorn Phase 6   25g Unicorn Phase 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

25g Unicorn Phase 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1